Offseason Roster Moves, Rumors, and Discussion

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
I'd suggest D-Wad start with "create a functional organization with a workable roster" and then worry about standings.
Agree with your point. Would shoot your nickname into the sun:laugh:

This team is coming off of 59 and 66 points seasons. It doesn't need to be tweaked a bit to make a playoff run. It needs to create a roster which addresses all of the requirements which go into making a good hockey team. It's a young roster which will need time to germinate.

Please no Bertuzzis (I know he's signed) or any other forward who is a mid tier player who will need term and moderate to high AAV. Give me a short term Perron or equivalent to help guide the process but won't be part of the core in 3 years.

If there's a stud on defense to be had or a credible goalie who won't cost the sun, moon and stars then that would be cool with me.

But under no circumstances should the nomiker "D-Wad" survive. None.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
The only excuse I can think of is that DW is ostensibly focused on roster building and Monahan and Gaudreau have played together before.

That said, I was already feeling sick to my stomach this morning. This week has taken a lot out of me, and not just because of hockey - personal crap has also been nasty. (For example, I woke up this morning to discover a good friend of mine unexpectedly passed away last night. Really. :( )

• Wow
Reactions: ThirdPeriodTurtle

JacketFanInFL

Brick by Brick
Mar 27, 2006
Central FL
This is why we should be drafting almost exclusively at center for forwards. It's why Lindstrom over Demidov was a no brainer. This organization ignored it for so long until very recently. Jeff Carter is still the best center to ever play for the CBJ, which is a disgrace.

Relying on the free agent pool, given the extreme demand, is a fool's errand.

Last edited:

MissADD

Jun 21, 2018
Silvermoon City

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Id hope 3-5 years, NHL said they are going to start looking at teams potentially using long term deals to lower aav to skirt the cap knowing that those players won't play the last few years
I could see 5 years max for sure. He's definitely not getting 7. In 30 year old terms, 4 years is long term IMO.

Reactions: CBJx614

CBJx614

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 25, 2012
C-137
I like the idea of signing Monahan. 4 years would be the longest I would like the contract to be. Good gap contract until Fantilli and Lindstrom are both ready to take over the 1 and 2 C spots. 5 years I could swallow. Anything over 5 would be disgusting.
Id rather Stephenson than Monahan, he's got the winning pedigree and can play the same role for about the same pay.

But I could live with either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad