Offseason Roster Discussion part 3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006

Looks like Reichel is rocking #27. Obviously the real reason Boqvist was traded.

I like his skill set, he has been playing with Adults in Europe for a few years now so there is a slight chance that he surprises and makes the club...

Likely case scenario is that he needs and will likely get a years seasoning in the Rock...but who knows...

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
ha ha, my wife is a Canucks fan...
she is watching the 2011 Quarters where we lost in OT game 7.

just watched a shift by Sharp-Toews-Hossa and they were absolutely dominant...

man alive I wish we could create that type of line and I think we may be able to do it with something like

Riechel/Kubalik-Dach-Kurashev/Hagel

to be fair I am not sure that the line of Sharp-Toews-Hossa will EVER be duplicated moving forward in any uniform let alone the hawks as that line has two HOF's on it. Hossa was such a unique player that is really Rare to find

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
ha ha, my wife is a Canucks fan...
she is watching the 2011 Quarters where we lost in OT game 7.

just watched a shift by Sharp-Toews-Hossa and they were absolutely dominant...

man alive I wish we could create that type of line and I think we may be able to do it with something like

Riechel/Kubalik-Dach-Kurashev/Hagel

to be fair I am not sure that the line of Sharp-Toews-Hossa will EVER be duplicated moving forward in any uniform let alone the hawks as that line has two HOF's on it. Hossa was such a unique player that is really Rare to find

I really want to see Debrincat - Toews - Kubalik/Reichel coz I think they could be a two way dominant line like that.

Not at that level ofc, Toews isnt in his prime anymore and as improved as Cat is, still not close to Hoss, no one is.

But either way it would give us a top caliber first line. Staple Dach with Kane for an impact second, bottom six will be strong nonetheless.

It's a good group imo if Toews is at his high level.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Looking at team we still have too many forwards

There has to be a move or two made in coming weeks ,, right?

Kane
Toews
Debrincat
Kubalik
Dach
Johnson
Hagel
Strome
Gaudette
Nylander
Khaira
Connolly
Kurashev
Borgstrom
Carpenter
Hardman

Add Entwistle and Reichel who could also be in mix to win spot in camp with strong performance

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Looking at team we still have too many forwards

There has to be a move or two made in coming weeks ,, right?

Kane
Toews
Debrincat
Kubalik
Dach
Johnson
Hagel
Strome
Gaudette
Nylander
Khaira
Connolly
Kurashev
Borgstrom
Carpenter
Hardman

Add Entwistle and Reichel who could also be in mix to win spot in camp with strong performance
Strome traded Connolly sent down. Issue solved.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
We're nearing the start of camp and Dylan Strome has yet to be traded.

Feeling good:snide:

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Strome can win draws.

He had one stretch where he was great and around 55% I think but I want to say it was for like 30 or so games. The rest of his career he’s been bad and more like 45%.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
I’m really disinterested in this upcoming season, and I’m not exactly sure why.

I just haven’t come here much lately, I haven’t listened to the podcasts I typically listen to, and I haven’t read any of the Athletic articles I typically do.

The Seth Jones stuff was cool, but aside from that I find myself really struggling to care at the moment.

Ace Card Bedard

Back in Black, Red, and White
Feb 11, 2012

I just haven’t come here much lately, I haven’t listened to the podcasts I typically listen to, and I haven’t read any of the Athletic articles I typically do.

The Seth Jones stuff was cool, but aside from that I find myself really struggling to care at the moment.

It's the dog days.
Once pre-season starts interest will return.

Malaka

you know, **** it, let’s just not think so much
Mar 3, 2020
www.youtube.com
And Ottawa says no. We're stuck with Connelly, I'm afraid. Borgstrom needs to pan out.
Remember when we were rebuilding and taking on bad contracts for prospects so we could be competitive in the long term and not blowing our load to avoid being a bubble team the next few years yet somehow ended up finishing in the 8-15 range over several years and with mixed intentions started trading prospects trying to be competitive while simultaneously carrying those bad contracts and fringe players we netted who still have question marks alongside a bottom 10 prospect pool who also still need development?

pepperidge farm remembers

Last edited:

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary

Yeah I have these periods too. But then it takes only one move, goal or result or even piece of news and we're right back to discussing different new line options each new day :laugh:

I'd even say its healthy to take a break during the off-season, so if it happens naturally even more convenient.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can

I feel exactly the opposite. So many new faces and Hawks on paper are a playoff team, and it's been a while since I could say that. I may even bite the bullet and subscribe to Center Ice again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad