Offseason Roster Discussion part 3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
Who do guys have for PP lines?

Cat-Toews-Johnson
Jones-Kane

Johnson plays bumper position moving between the slot and net front. Toews below the goal line. This gives Kane three one timer options from the half wall in Johnson, Jones, or Cat. Similar scheme to the Capitals PP. I’d like to see the tic tac play Kane to Toews to Johnson in the slot utilized. It could open up Toews being able to drive to the net or make a cross crease pass to Cat.

Dach-Strome-Kubalik
Nylander-Kalynuk

Kubalik is the trigger man. Get pucks on net and Strome or Dach pounce on rebounds. Meat and potatoes.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018

Cat-Toews-Johnson
Jones-Kane

Johnson plays bumper position moving between the slot and net front. Toews below the goal line. This gives Kane three one timer options from the half wall in Johnson, Jones, or Cat. Similar scheme to the Capitals PP. I’d like to see the tic tac play Kane to Toews to Johnson in the slot utilized. It could open up Toews being able to drive to the net or make a cross crease pass to Cat.

Dach-Strome-Kubalik
Nylander-Kalynuk

Kubalik is the trigger man. Get pucks on net and Strome or Dach pounce on rebounds. Meat and potatoes.
Ian Mitchell on PP2

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018

Cat-Toews-Johnson
Jones-Kane

Dach-Strome-Kubalik
Nylander-Kalynuk

They’re gonna put Dach on PP1 instead of Johnson. Hopefully Toews knocks some sense into Kane on how it’s run.

Strome will not be on the team.

nmgrbhfn

Mar 27, 2018
Zadarov signs for 1yr @ 3.75 mill with Flames. Hawks should have been all over that - a bit much for 3rd pairing but not 2d pairing pay.

Reactions: CanadianHawks

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019
You'd rather de Haan gets minutes over Ian?

Without question.

Ian Mitchell wasn’t very good last year. He needs a year in Rockford. I thought that was abundantly clear to everyone.

I still think he can be a 3-4 D, but he needs work.

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
They’re gonna put Dach on PP1 instead of Johnson. Hopefully Toews knocks some sense into Kane on how it’s run.

Strome will not be on the team.

You’re probably right but Johnson is a better shooter than Dach for the PP scheme I proposed.

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
de Haan can play both sides, he can fill in on the bottom paring.

S. Jones-McCabe
Murphy-Kalynuk
de Haan-C. Jones/Stillman

That’s an EA versus D pairings putting everyone on their opposite side. MFs won’t update the roster though so I can play with the new accusations.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
I don't think Mitchell is NHL ready. As I said earlier, both Mitchell and Beaudin should get a full season in the Rock.
Mitchell needs a full year for sure. Beaudin on the other hand most certainly could spend time in Rockford this year, that said I figure he will be a regular at some point this season and I would take him over CDH anyway

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad