Offseason Roster Discussion part 3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Section88

Kaner? I hardly know her
Jul 11, 2017
Cat prefers the left by far. And 3rd lining him and Toews???
I said in my post i wanted them to roll 4 lines, so it diesnt matter what label you put on the top 3 lines they should all have similar ES toi. Also, toews just took a year off and hes 33 years old. Hes going to take some time to get back into the swing of things, sheltering him a bit isnt a bad idea at all. And cat obviously wouldnt be playing typical 3rd line minutes. Hes going to get a ton of PP time on top of ES.

Reactions: featherhawk

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
I hope it won't be the case but to play devils advocate: Or did Hagel overachieve last season and his game will return to all hustle but with little to show for it. I don't think he was that highly rated previous to his time in Chicago.
He lead Rockford in goals his rookie AHL year the season before... no I don't get people who didn't see him as a good prospect last year or somehow now. It's baffling

echlfreak

Aug 1, 2003
If Chicago can move Strome. Would anyone be open to adding Eric Staal as a cheap $1m third line center? On a one year deal. Added leadership and decent on draws

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
If Chicago can move Strome. Would anyone be open to adding Eric Staal as a cheap $1m third line center? On a one year deal. Added leadership and decent on draws
No, they have enough young-ish guys that they can try there, along with Toews, Dach and Johnson. Namely Borgstrom, Kurashev and Barratt.

They're moving Strome because of how deep they are at C.

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
I hope it won't be the case but to play devils advocate: Or did Hagel overachieve last season and his game will return to all hustle but with little to show for it. I don't think he was that highly rated previous to his time in Chicago.

He certainly far exceeded expectations (which, as you say, were pretty low). I don't think he'll backslide, but the big question is will he advance his game? I mean, his skating is pretty darn good. To advance his game, he's gonna have to look elsewhere.

Reactions: BobbyJet

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Absolutely correct. He never even got any votes for top prospect until the 8th or 9th round of voting.
I was one of the few voting him there and remember saying he absolutely should of been in the top 10.

It's not some master scouting but I was hyping Hagel because I love following Rockford as much as I can and he was consistently good all year that rookie year. Kurashev had so many more fans hyping him, but he took awhile to get good that year. Then when people were freaking out here, going insane on JC over the preseason and game 1 lineup with Pirri in, I kept saying it was clear Kurashev and Hagel would get in, but I was more confident in seeing Hagel having a strong rookie year because he was the consistent one, also was strong in his winter overseas playing.

And I was posting his highlights as KBS was just calling him grindy McGrinderson or whatever. Showing he had speed and finish ability.

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
I was one of the few voting him there and remember saying he absolutely should of been in the top 10.

It's not some master scouting but I was hyping Hagel because I love following Rockford as much as I can and he was consistently good all year that rookie year. Kurashev had so many more fans hyping him, but he took awhile to get good that year. Then when people were freaking out here, going insane on JC over the preseason and game 1 lineup with Pirri in, I kept saying it was clear Kurashev and Hagel would get in, but I was more confident in seeing Hagel having a strong rookie year because he was the consistent one, also was strong in his winter overseas playing.

And I was posting his highlights as KBS was just calling him grindy McGrinderson or whatever. Showing he had speed and finish ability.
I think we started voting for him about the same time. I felt he had some tools. But no one was voting for him until round 8, I think.

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019

Who do you think will break out this year from Rockford?

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012

Strome for Brannstrom. One for one hockey trade.

Does Stan pull it off?

I am not big on Logan Brown (who is also rumored in talks but does fit the former 1st round pick who has had difficulties cracking the NHL full time and has size) and I'm definitely a Beaudin fan, but I would absolutely trade Beaudin for Brannstrom if Ottawa wants to swap former 1st round defenseman.

Strome + Beaudin for Brannstrom + Brown. You can debate a draft pick attached after that, but I'd be game for this. I love me some Brannstrom.

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
Why is Ottawa considering a Brannstrom trade?

Is he having trouble adjusting to physicality? Defensive concerns? Offense not translating?

I know he was highly touted around his draft but has to be a reason a fully rebuilding team is open to moving him since then.

Edit: nvm, I see Ottawa fans aren't actually low on him. Would be surpised if Strome has that kind of value.

Pertti

Dec 1, 2019
I am not big on Logan Brown (who is also rumored in talks but does fit the former 1st round pick who has had difficulties cracking the NHL full time and has size) and I'm definitely a Beaudin fan, but I would absolutely trade Beaudin for Brannstrom if Ottawa wants to swap former 1st round defenseman.

Strome + Beaudin for Brannstrom + Brown. You can debate a draft pick attached after that, but I'd be game for this. I love me some Brannstrom.
I know I have criticized our young D but didn't think they were that bad that they should be traded after 1 year.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
Brannstrom would be a great addition. the blackhawks now need a puckmoving offensive guy to pair with jones or murphy.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Brannstrom would be a great addition. the blackhawks now need a puckmoving offensive guy to pair with jones or murphy.
Yeah if he were acquired, I'd pair him with Murph. Keep McCabe with Jones. Then probably Kalynuk with Ian, but Beaudin, Stillman, and the others are free to fight for that spot.

giza

Jul 19, 2011
The 5"7' element on D is a little scary.....Beaudin showed enough to keep him for another year to see how he develops......I get the need for a puck moving, offensive 2nd line D though.....but at what trade off?

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site
Rather have Beaudin than Brannstrom. If Strome gets a 2nd on his own … great, if not Strome and a 4th or 5th for a 2nd.

I'm with you here. I heard that OTT already has Chabot & likely Sanderson in front of him on the depth chart, and would rather not have Brannstrom playing his off-side. Just getting Rundblad vibes from Brannstrom, where he's not a dynamic skater which he needs to be to play at his size.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
New numbers released:

Fleury: 29
Khaira: 16
McCabe: 6
Johnson: 90
That's Fluery to you!
E9K1Ei4VoAEaXoV

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Is it possible to trade CdH for Gostisbehere?
Hawks really need some offense from the blueline.

Shit, I know he sucks defensively but I'd even bring Gus back at this point.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad