Speculation: Offseason coaching thread: Should they stay or should they go?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Coaches:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
There’s probably no rush but I don’t think more candidates will be available in a month than there are now. The remaining NHL teams aren’t making any changes behind the bench, so maybe they’re waiting for the AHL season to finish? Eye on Todd Nelson or Karl Taylor perhaps.

Sturm seems intriguing too and has a tie to Sullivan, but maybe he’s still in consideration for a head coaching job or two.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
There’s probably no rush but I don’t think more candidates will be available in a month than there are now. The remaining NHL teams aren’t making any changes behind the bench, so maybe they’re waiting for the AHL season to finish? Eye on Todd Nelson or Karl Taylor perhaps.

Sturm seems intriguing too and has a tie to Sullivan, but maybe he’s still in consideration for a head coaching job or two.
I've been all over Nodd Telson since you mentioned him a while back. We could use a guy that's thrived on the PP of every team he's coached on. He seems like a no brainer to me.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Sullivan is untouchable.
Going against him is unthinkable.
His ship is just.... unsinkable.

:dunno:

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I mean... would this REALLY be that surprising to anyone?

Would it be the wrong or at least extremely underwhelming hire? Of course! But that's how we do things in Pittsburgh. Anyone who actually thought Dubas was going to start flexing on Sullivan can go ahead and drop that notion.

Still has to actually happen, of course. I have no idea who Arthur Staple is.

Reactions: Andy99

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I mean... would this REALLY be that surprising to anyone?

Would it be the wrong or at least extremely underwhelming hire? Of course! But that's how we do things in Pittsburgh. Anyone who actually thought Dubas was going to start flexing on Sullivan can go ahead and drop that notion.

Still has to actually happen, of course. I have no idea who Arthur Staple is.

He’s like a good version of Yohe for the Isles and Rangers.

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad