Official Tank Thread of the Toronto Maple Leafs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

HamiltonNHL

Resigning Marner == Running it back
Jan 4, 2012
As a card carrying member of Tank Nation, I had some worry early on the team might get a boost from various changes.

Silly me for worrying.

us-ipad-1-tank-nation.jpeg

Losses feel like Wins to me.
It's going to be a relaxing year this year.

Last edited:

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I haven't done calculated the probability because I don't know the odds but the odds of us picking 4th after finishing last should be very small. If you finish last, you're more than likely picking 2nd or 3rd.
I know the NBA uses the same lottery system as the NHL will be using and a few times the team with the worst record has gone from the 1st pick to the 4th pick. So it has happened and it could with the NHL.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Odds are different between NBA and NHL. Anyhow, those are beyond anyone control unless we all buy into the Bettman wanting best the talents as far away from Toronto as possible.

Would had be interesting if the Leafs actually won McDavid last year and a group applied to have a team in Hamilton or Unionville along with Vegas.

horner

May 22, 2007
If we get any type of goaltending, I think we ate going to surprise a few people

You can see the system and structure is coming together.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Odds are different between NBA and NHL. Anyhow, those are beyond anyone control unless we all buy into the Bettman wanting best the talents as far away from Toronto as possible.

Would had be interesting if the Leafs actually won McDavid last year and a group applied to have a team in Hamilton or Unionville along with Vegas.

Pretty hard to buy into the anti-Canadian conspiracy after how many times the Oilers have gotten the first overall pick. Meanwhile, an American team in a small market, Buffalo, couldn't buy a first overall pick.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
If we get any type of goaltending, I think we ate going to surprise a few people

You can see the system and structure is coming together.

yeah and we can have the best structure in the world it won't be enough with Bernier and Reimer. I'm sorry but Bernier hasn't done anything in my mind to tell me he's a #1 goalie. All we hear about is his potential and all this crap. The guy is 27 now? at some point it's either put up time or shut up time. And so far it's shut up time for him. He's gotta play a lot better than he has for me to give him a long term contract.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Pretty hard to buy into the anti-Canadian conspiracy after how many times the Oilers have gotten the first overall pick. Meanwhile, an American team in a small market, Buffalo, couldn't buy a first overall pick.
Plus when you look at a struggling market like Arizona last season they didn't get McDavid or Eichel. In fact because of Edmonton getting McDavid they got bumped from the 2nd pick to the 3rd pick. I still remember the montage before the draft lottery showing how Crosby saved the Penguins and I thought ok Arizona is getting McDavid.

Now with Auston Matthews being from Scottsdale, Arizona it will be interesting to see if the Coyotes win the draft lottery if they don't end up with at least a bottom three finish in the standings and move up from the 5th or 6th pick to the 1st pick, considering all of that.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015

The conspiracy is against Toronto not Canadian Teams. To me, Edmonton is a struggling Franchise before McDavid.

Ovate

Dec 17, 2014
Toronto
I think both have more value around the league than either of Bernier or Reimer. It's hard to say who has more potential though, if I had to pick I'd say Sparks.

Late round goalie prospects who haven't played a game at the NHL level or even showed success at the AHL level has considerably less value around the league than even backup NHL goaltenders.

Crysis

Jun 28, 2015
Late round goalie prospects who haven't played a game at the NHL level or even showed success at the AHL level has considerably less value around the league than even backup NHL goaltenders.

No I'd say solid goalie prospects have more value than either of our goalies with their current salaries and how they have been playing the last year or more. I'm not sure either could be traded for much more than a 5th round pick at the moment.

Paradoc

John Tavares is a Leaf!
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
I think both have more value around the league than either of Bernier or Reimer. It's hard to say who has more potential though, if I had to pick I'd say Sparks.

:laugh::laugh:

Bibeau isn't even a top 10 goaltender prospect in the league. No way is he better than Bernier or Reimer.

Crysis

Jun 28, 2015
:laugh::laugh:

Bibeau isn't even a top 10 goaltender prospect in the league. No way is he better than Bernier or Reimer.

I never said that he was better RIGHT NOW I said to me they both have more value because Bernier and Reimer are both average at best and are paid like they are well above average. That combined with Bibeau and Sparks having potential to be good makes them more valuable if I'm the GM of a team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad