Official Tank Thread of the Toronto Maple Leafs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
That looks like a very strong top 6, to think we already have 5 of those players!

Dont think size is that much of an issue there, they're all around 6' too, although adding PF and bumping brown or Kap to the 3rd line might be good.

I see us trading Kadri in a couple seasons for d-man help, he's a stopgap to me but thats just IMO I think Nylander has a higher ceiling. This is also without mentioning this draft, we are 100% getting a top 6 talent or top 4 D this season in the next draft.

Kadri could be gone at the deadline unless he improves between now and then

Durrr

Sep 11, 2012
Kadri could be gone at the deadline unless he improves between now and then

I know I always defend Kadri so take it for what you will, but I highly doubt that. This is probably one of the least likley times in his tenure here that you'd see him traded.

Management, his coach and the player have all commented on him being here long term, and not that it means much, but along with Rielly he has played like our best player.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
I know I always defend Kadri so take it for what you will, but I highly doubt that. This is probably one of the least likley times in his tenure here that you'd see him traded.

Yep, if he is traded it will be this offseason.

I can see management wanting to have a full seasons worth of evaluation before making any decision. No need to rush anything.

Durrr

Sep 11, 2012
Yep, if he is traded it will be this offseason.

I can see management wanting to have a full seasons worth of evaluation before making any decision. No need to rush anything.

I don't even think he's be traded in the offseason unless its in some large package deal. Seems to me like the Leafs want to commit to Kadri (shorter) long-term, and that they are just waiting for him to step up and earn it.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
I don't even think he's be traded in the offseason unless its in some large package deal. Seems to me like the Leafs want to commit to Kadri (shorter) long-term, and that they are just waiting for him to step up and earn it.

That's my reading of the situation as well.

I see management wanting to sign him to a short/medium term deal.

Duke16

Apr 14, 2015
Ontario
I almost don't want to come dead last because if we were to do so and not win the lottery I would be extremely pissed. I'll take a bottom 3 finish though.

champs*

I almost don't want to come dead last because if we were to do so and not win the lottery I would be extremely pissed. I'll take a bottom 3 finish though.

its the leafs, we will finnish dead last but end up with like the third pick :rant::rant::rant:

Divine

Dec 18, 2010

Which makes no sense...

You'd rather finish bottom 3? Than finish last and be guaranteed a bottom 4 pick?. I'm hoping for this team to finish last, I'm only annoyed we didn't embrace the tank (fully) last year. We could have had McDavid.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
I'd rather come in dead last. That way the worst case scenario is another 4th overall pick. The % boost for the odds is good enough to take our chances with it.

Be nice to at least for a while have some hope before it gets crushed by the evil that is RNG.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
its the leafs, we will finnish dead last but end up with like the third pick :rant::rant::rant:

ummm that would be better than finishing dead last an ending up with the 4th pick which has a roughly 50% chance of happening to whatever team finishes dead last.

GardinerTheForward

Mar 23, 2014
Toronto (NHL Season)
Realistically, is Colombus going to pick up their play? They're the only teams stopping us from being dead last. We know Anaheim is going to turn it around eventually. Also Calgary, but I see them being able to get hot. So for the people who want bottom three finish... get over it cause were gonna be 29 or 30th.
Lastly, bottom three could see you picking 6th overall... come on. Were not tanking for 6th overall.

HamiltonNHL

Resigning Marner == Running it back
Jan 4, 2012
what are the odds in the draft lottery. anyone know a link where i can check them out!

For the first pick it is this.
http://nhllotterysimulator.com/

2016 NHL Draft Lottery

Beginning in 2016, the Draft Lottery will be utilized to assign the top three drafting slots in the NHL Draft, an expansion over previous years when the Draft Lottery was used to determine the winner of the first overall selection only.

Although not clearly mentioned officially yet, Edmonton already has received confirmation they get the first pick.
Because that's how the Draft works.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
bwahahahha

I just ran it:
Columbus 1st, Carolina 2nd, Detroit third
(we're 5th) LOLLLL

2nd time
Chicago (woudn't people riot) - Columbus, Avs (we're 5th)

third time
Detroit, Avs, Columbus (we're 5th)

fourth time
Columbus, Ducks, Flames (we're 4th)

fifth time
Columbus, Leafs, Avs

[man. lottery day is going to be stress.ful].

Paradoc

John Tavares is a Leaf!
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
bwahahahha

I just ran it:
Columbus 1st, Carolina 2nd, Detroit third
(we're 5th) LOLLLL

2nd time
Chicago (woudn't people riot) - Columbus, Avs (we're 5th)

third time
Detroit, Avs, Columbus (we're 5th)

fourth time
Columbus, Ducks, Flames (we're 4th)

fifth time
Columbus, Leafs, Avs

[man. lottery day is going to be stress.ful].
I won the leafs on my first try!

Leafs, Columbus, Carolina.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad