Official Tank Thread of the Toronto Maple Leafs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

mikebel111*

I said it at the time I feel bad for Conner that he goes to Oilers and this is again why

Oilers are bad once again and IMO they have a good coach in Todd Mac this time

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
You have to wonder when something gives with Anaheim. It's not like St. Louis is a bad team, but if they lose yet again....

Kind of sad when it's a real question as to whether Toronto or Anaheim is going to win first. I'm kind of hoping it's them to push us further down the standings :).

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
It's a really long climb from 6 points in your first 11 games ... to the playoffs.
Like super long.

Lets assume they lose their next game, that means in 70 remaining games they need a minimum of 91 points to make the playoffs. I am not sure they even go point per game.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Oilers win! Thank god. McJesus indirectly helping us. I can't believe he's only 18, he's going to have a whole room dedicated for trophies very soon.

King85Kong

Playoffs?
Nov 24, 2013
Toronto
It's a really long climb from 6 points in your first 11 games ... to the playoffs.
Like super long.

4 points out of a playoff spot, tough but it can be done. Season is almost finished, so they really need to start stepping on the gas.

I said it at the time I feel bad for Conner that he goes to Oilers and this is again why

Oilers are bad once again and IMO they have a good coach in Todd Mac this time

Oilers are positioning themselves really nicely. They have a ton of good young talent that they can trade to strengthen areas of weaknesses. A young team that is growing together. They are much farther ahead than us.

Shwaguy*

I don't want to finish dead last if it means guys us not getting the best possible results out of Rielly, Gardiner, and Kadri as well as the young guys we end up calling up. Cause if they break out like say Rielly appears to be breaking out as a #1 Dman. And Kadri a #1B Centre. Odds are we aren't bad enough to finish dead last.

Let's finish like 5th or 6th last after a late season surge with the Kids like Willie and Brown and Percy in the lineup and then win the Lotto and Draft Matthews :)

dballislife2

Jul 7, 2011
finishing last guarantees tkachuk or laine...with a super good chance at matthews, jesse, or chychrun...thats a good year

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
finishing last guarantees tkachuk or laine...with a super good chance at matthews, jesse, or chychrun...thats a good year

Could it be destiny?

Going into their centennial season, the Leafs win 1st overall and draft Auston Matthews, and get the big #1C they have been missing since Sundin departed.

mikebel111*

4 points out of a playoff spot, tough but it can be done. Season is almost finished, so they really need to start stepping on the gas.

Oilers are positioning themselves really nicely. They have a ton of good young talent that they can trade to strengthen areas of weaknesses. A young team that is growing together. They are much farther ahead than us.

I am not dissing their young talent buy it's time they start winning games

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
I am not dissing their young talent buy it's time they start winning games
Yeah, they've been terrible for a long time and getting so many top 5 picks it's actually kind of disgusting. Time for them to actually turn that talent into some kind of success and not ruin the careers of a generation of young hockey players.

Ovate

Dec 17, 2014
Toronto
Could it be destiny?

Going into their centennial season, the Leafs win 1st overall and draft Auston Matthews, and get the big #1C they have been missing since Sundin departed.

If only Matthews was from the GTA, that would be the perfect storm.

And if we don't get him, then we say screw destiny and sign Stamkos.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Imagine a future PP of;

Nylander - Matthews - Marner
Rielly - Kapanen

*drools*

Ovate

Dec 17, 2014
Toronto
Going up against the Rangers tonight. Should be an easy game to lose. Unless they really mess up, they're a top 5 team. The hard part will be getting a few goals to boost trade values.

Although the Leaf's have always had Lundqvist's number. He only has a .900 SV% against us, in 25 games.

rdawg1234

Jul 2, 2012
:laugh: If you replace Kapanen with Stamkos... man..

JVR - Stamkos - Marner
Kapanen - Nylander - Brown

I'm down.

That looks like a very strong top 6, to think we already have 5 of those players!

Dont think size is that much of an issue there, they're all around 6' too, although adding PF and bumping brown or Kap to the 3rd line might be good.

I see us trading Kadri in a couple seasons for d-man help, he's a stopgap to me but thats just IMO I think Nylander has a higher ceiling. This is also without mentioning this draft, we are 100% getting a top 6 talent or top 4 D this season in the next draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad