OT: Official Sports Media Thread XI :Self-proclaimed ‘sports dork’ Michael Felger of The Sports Hub feels like he ‘will do this forever’

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site

BSJ Live Q&A: Haggerty on Bruins with trio of games on tap - 1 p.m. Thursday 12.28.23​

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
The last couple years when the Bruins are on and I'm driving home from work, I've been able to pull up 98.5 on the TuneIn radio app to listen to the games. Lately it's been spotty and at times is playing the ESPN radio simulcast as if it were a blacked out NFL game.game.

I first thought that maybe the NHL caught up with radio streaming and started blackouts too, but it's not every game. It's like every third game doesn't work. Anyone have any idea what's going on with this? Does it have to do with the market or whether there's a Celtics game on at the same time? Just curious, because for weeknight games I usually am driving home from work during the 2nd period.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
The last couple years when the Bruins are on and I'm driving home from work, I've been able to pull up 98.5 on the TuneIn radio app to listen to the games. Lately it's been spotty and at times is playing the ESPN radio simulcast as if it were a blacked out NFL game.game.

I first thought that maybe the NHL caught up with radio streaming and started blackouts too, but it's not every game. It's like every third game doesn't work. Anyone have any idea what's going on with this? Does it have to do with the market or whether there's a Celtics game on at the same time? Just curious, because for weeknight games I usually am driving home from work during the 2nd period.
NHL is forcing every team to just stream on nhl.com

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site

BSJ Q&A: Haggerty on Bruins heading into Penguins and Lightning - 10 a.m. Thursday 01.04.23​

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Kendra Middleton on midday today. On with Scott Zolak. Dreams do come true! I am fascinated to see these two humans interact even if it's only a tryout for her.

Reactions: Bostonzamboni

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
And I am already more inclined to turn on the morning show. Not because I like Fred, I don't. But because I think Hardy is better than Rich. Curious to see if they get a bump in ratings. I think they will.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I listened to 5 minutes of the morning show and they were reminiscing about the good old days in Detroit.
I'm not typically in my car during their show but I turned it on the other day and it was Fred just complaining about something. He was trying to pass it off as being funny, but it was literally the same as an old man yelling at kids to get off his lawn. Didn't hear Hardy at all. Didn't hear anything but Fred being his normal douchebag narcissistic self.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Listened for an hour yesterday. Wallac and Fred would not shut up. Before I switched over to WEEI. I asked my kids did Hardy get moved to the Third seat? I give Hardy about 9 months before he snaps on these two.
Maybe but has to be a significant bump in pay to go from 3rd chair on middays to #2 slot in morning drive. Wallach must have photos on someone because it's kinda embarrassing for him that nobody even thought of him as an option as #2 when Rich left. I have said it a number of times but Wallach adds absolutely nothing.

I think Hardy is awesome. He's funny, can talk sports but then also can get into non sports stuff. Hopefully Fred let's him get some air time!

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Hardy's been okay so far. It doesn't feel drastically different from the rotating guest hosts of the last 3 months though. I think they'll find their stride though when he can produce more content.

What is Rich up to now anyway? There's been complete radio silence on his next steps after the first week after the breakup. Is he limited by a non-compete or is he just taking the time off to figure it out?

Reactions: Walkenthewalk

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Hardy's been okay so far. It doesn't feel drastically different from the rotating guest hosts of the last 3 months though. I think they'll find their stride though when he can produce more content.

What is Rich up to now anyway? There's been complete radio silence on his next steps after the first week after the breakup. Is he limited by a non-compete or is he just taking the time off to figure it out?
Clever!!

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden

They have blacked out games on 98.5 through Tunein for a couple of years for me. I am surprised you get any.

Reactions: Bostonzamboni

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007

Unless he overplayed his hand

They have blacked out games on 98.5 through Tunein for a couple of years for me. I am surprised you get any.
I've been very confused by the Pats radio broadcasts. I know for a fact I have been able to stream them before but other times it will be Fox Sports Radio. How does it make any sense to not allow streaming of the home radio call?

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
Unless he overplayed his hand

I've been very confused by the Pats radio broadcasts. I know for a fact I have been able to stream them before but other times it will be Fox Sports Radio. How does it make any sense to not allow streaming of the home radio call?
I misread and was talking mainly about the Bruins, but, they black out the Patriots for FSR most of the time for me too. (I am technically in the New York market also, but I suppose that makes no difference with Internet radio.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad