OT: Official Sports Media Thread XI :Self-proclaimed ‘sports dork’ Michael Felger of The Sports Hub feels like he ‘will do this forever’

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH

1705685926065.png

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
IMG_8614.jpeg

The morning show feels basically identical with Hardy in for Rich. Perhaps a bit less quirky, but Fred is still dominant and every day it’s his Eeyore act.

Agreed on RJ. The guy has put his time in. He knows his stuff. He’s solid.

Got passed over for PBP for the B’s. He deserves it.

Reactions: TD Charlie

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
There's yet to be any real flavor added by Hardy. It kind of just feels like the Fred Toucher Show with Hardy and Wallach as his stooges.
They had Breer on today and he had some interesting football information from around the league on Patriots situation and Fred really only wanted to talk about Fred

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
The only reason to listen to the morning show now is when they have guests for specific sports.

They’ve really been milking the same content over and over. How much mileage have they gotten out of Fred shitting on Jon for proposing Jimi Hendrix’s cover of All Along the Watchtower for the new theme song?

They had some really creative bits that Rich came up with, but that’s going back many years at this point.

I’ll throw it on briefly and then typically flip almost immediately back to music for the drive into work.

Reactions: MillerTime29Bombs

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
The only reason to listen to the morning show now is when they have guests for specific sports.

They’ve really been milking the same content over and over. How much mileage have they gotten out of Fred shitting on Jon for proposing Jimi Hendrix’s cover of All Along the Watchtower for the new theme song?

They had some really creative bits that Rich came up with, but that’s going back many years at this point.

I’ll throw it on briefly and then typically flip almost immediately back to music for the drive into work.
I miss Brookline 911

FRyan4426

Feb 15, 2023
Kingston, MA
The only pass I would give him is if it comes out how much of an a-hole Rich was during this whole thing. Of course we've yet to hear Rich's side of things. But it certainly seems like internally everyone has Fred's back. Surprising to me, really. Maybe we just don't have a full picture of everything that went on.
You will never hear Rich side because none of it will look good on him. I’m not a Fred fan at all but Rich really seems like a spineless weasel. Pretty telling that he’s still unemployed

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
I always like Byers. I never understood the Hill show getting rid of the sports guy when they moved to WEEI.
I was worried about what happened to LB after he basically dropped off the map. He starts the interview with something along the lines of 'Sorry I'm late, but I was hogtied naked to the roof of a car last night' Vintage.

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016

Completely heartbroken for them. Been following this and it’s something no parent should ever have to live through.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Bruins dump 9 goals on the hated Habs on a Saturday night and all the morning show does to cover it is 7 minutes with Bob Beers in the 3rd hour of the show with Wallach asking him softball questions. Meanwhile the other 3 3/4 hours are basically Fred and Hardy talking about the Detroit Lions.

Rich seemed to be the problem in the building that was tearing the show apart, but it's obvious that he was the station's biggest promoter of the Bruins and without him the coverage is lacking.

Reactions: Alicat

Babajingo

Bruins dump 9 goals on the hated Habs on a Saturday night and all the morning show does to cover it is 7 minutes with Bob Beers in the 3rd hour of the show with Wallach asking him softball questions. Meanwhile the other 3 3/4 hours are basically Fred and Hardy talking about the Detroit Lions.

Rich seemed to be the problem in the building that was tearing the show apart, but it's obvious that he was the station's biggest promoter of the Bruins and without him the coverage is lacking.
I can only imagine what the two $^#&^%'s for the mid day show are talking about.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
The Bruins will never get coverage until the playoffs and it will only be each show talking about how they choke in the post season and how certain teams a re so much better than the B's.

The Patriots rule the roost over there.

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site

BSJ Live Q&A: Haggerty on Bruins on 5-game winning streak entering Hurricanes showdown - 11 a.m. Thursday 01.25.24​

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA

BSJ Live Q&A: Haggerty on Bruins on 5-game winning streak entering Hurricanes showdown - 11 a.m. Thursday 01.25.24​

Does anyone in this board actually read or listen to Haggs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad