Confirmed with Link: OFFICIAL: Martin St-Louis is the 32nd head coach in Canadiens history (3 year contract)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Sagikev

Chadstudsky
Sep 16, 2018
I have no love for Burrows BUT he shouldn't hold the blame for our horrible PP.

You can hire the best PP coach, the PP won't be any better
You can go after one the best forward on the PP like Hoffman, won't change anything
You can add young exciting offensive players like Caufield, the powerplay will still sucks

No PP can be good without QB on the PP....and the Habs don't have one, not since Markov, Subban.
Our PP sucks because Bergevin never bother to get a PP QB in 10 years of work....
Yeah Petry never was a PPQB, he was a triggerman more than anything. The shin pad destroyer, might I add.

peate

Smiley
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
first coach i've felt good about since Vigneault. It has been a revolving door of ego-ridden, defensive minded, clueless assholes since the early 2000's
Except maybe Carbo, he was more like MSL

Ok, now we have a good guy as a coach, a man with passion of hockey and a desire to improve and build some offensive team, like it should have been since, ... since, ... euh, ... forever, lol

But if the team doesn't show-up, the next coach might push them in the b**. If that happen, I could say I've told ya.
View attachment 554726
Pousse, ma crotte. :laugh: :sarcasm:

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
"C'est sur que gagner c'est très important , mais on peux tu batir quelque chose oû ce qu'on peux avoir du succès année après année , pis des fois ca prend un peux de temp a battir , si le plan c'est toujours de gagner le prochain match , peut etre que tu va gagner un peu plus de match mais je crois que c'est du succès a court terme. Il faut continuer le proccesus de batir une culture et un environnement ou notre equipe va faire les series année apres annéé et les joueurs vont pouvoir atteindre leur succès individuel et atteindre leur plafond"

Love this stuff from marty

Unbelievable...is this real life??

Neanderthals are not running my childhood hockey team!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!

habsfan891

Jun 24, 2012
Nova Scotia
That is what YOU think. You don't know him and are not on the ice with him during training. PP is bad because they don't have proper horses to play it.
Your right I'm not but I can say that the biggest problem I see with the pp is the awful backpass strategy and that has nothing to do with personnel

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
"C'est sur que gagner c'est très important , mais on peux tu batir quelque chose oû ce qu'on peux avoir du succès année après année , pis des fois ca prend un peux de temp a battir , si le plan c'est toujours de gagner le prochain match , peut etre que tu va gagner un peu plus de match mais je crois que c'est du succès a court terme. Il faut continuer le proccesus de batir une culture et un environnement ou notre equipe va faire les series année apres annéé et les joueurs vont pouvoir atteindre leur succès individuel et atteindre leur plafond"

Love this stuff from marty

Unbelievable...is this real life??

Neanderthals are not running my childhood hockey team!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!

The guy gets it.

He was part of a cup winning team that had a lot of talent in its day, then he saw that same team struggle to win games and then go through a core-rebuild for long term success. He knows what it’s all about.

I couldn’t be happier with the signing. 3 years is perfect and I do trust his ability to mould our young guys!

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
The teams that use that back pass HAVE ALL BEEN ELIMINATED BTW.

Actually, you might see it on occasion but its not in either team's playbook
That's completely false as Tampa does it all the time. And if you are seeing it from time to time it means it's in their playbook.

EDIT: I will add that because we suck at maintaining possession in the offence zone we are constantly trying to gain entry so it no doubt happens more often per PP in numbers but probably about the same in terms of %.

Last edited:

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
Tampa fan coming in peace.

Congrats to your team! Hiring Marty is the kind of out of the box thinking that could turn your team around fast.

He's not going to tolerate slugs and will do what needs to be done to introduce speed and violence into your team's younger players.

You'll be back in the playoffs sooner rather than later once you solve the long term solution at goaltender. Good luck to you!

Heffyhoof

So happy to be glad to be pleased to meet you.
Jan 17, 2016
I have no love for Burrows BUT he shouldn't hold the blame for our horrible PP.

You can hire the best PP coach, the PP won't be any better
You can go after one the best forward on the PP like Hoffman, won't change anything
You can add young exciting offensive players like Caufield, the powerplay will still sucks

No PP can be good without QB on the PP....and the Habs don't have one, not since Markov, Subban.
Our PP sucks because Bergevin never bother to get a PP QB in 10 years of work....
Wow, you have terrible memory. Even just this past season, Bergevin nabbed us Chris Wideman and Sami Niku :sarcasm:

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Tampa fan coming in peace.

Congrats to your team! Hiring Marty is the kind of out of the box thinking that could turn your team around fast.

He's not going to tolerate slugs and will do what needs to be done to introduce speed and violence into your team's younger players.

You'll be back in the playoffs sooner rather than later once you solve the long term solution at goaltender. Good luck to you!
Slugs!! love it...............................Drouin please take note.

Reactions: DaBolts

Jul 6, 2016
Your right I'm not but I can say that the biggest problem I see with the pp is the awful backpass strategy and that has nothing to do with personnel
If you have more skilled players, more creative, that stuff don't happen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad