Confirmed with Link: OFFICIAL: Martin St-Louis is the 32nd head coach in Canadiens history (3 year contract)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Grate n Colorful Oz

Dans ze mix
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
The criticism went beyong limits. For some here, it was fanatism. Hey, it's only hockey, or sport entertainment if you prefer.

When I mention toxic, it wasn't only toward past management but players too. That includes Price, Paccio, Subby, Weber, Drouin, Petry, Chiarot, Anderson, Danault, etc. Do you think exagerated criticism helps the team's ambiance in any way? Like in Toronto for example? The teams who wins Stanley Cups don't have that toxic culture, or not that much like here or Toronto.

The toxicity that would impede the team comes majorly from the media.

The toxicity you talk about, here on the board, only affects people like you and since it affects you, you seem to need to make it more than what it is and pretend it reaches the players, when it quite probably does not.

People have a right to air out their grieviances, no matter how much you detest it.

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
I don't know about his tactics, systems, etc but MSL is obviously respected in the room and around the league. If you can at least get the guys on board with what you're doing and get them to run through walls for you that's half the battle.

I would like him to bring in his own staff, but if he feels comfortable with Burrows et al then so be it.

FLHabs

Send all your underacheiving prospects!!
Feb 18, 2017
Let's gooo!!! Excited for the future with MSL as coach! I'm sure he learned a lot this year and will be more prepared starting next season I'm sure.

I wonder if Molson is still paying for Claude Julien's contract? If so that's 3 coaches he's paying for lol, ouch.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
The toxicity that would impede the team comes majorly from the media.

The toxicity you talk about, here on the board, only affects people like you and since it affects you, you seem to need to make it more than what it is and pretend it reaches the players, when it quite probably does not.

People have a right to air out their grieviances, no matter how much you detest it.
How do you know it doesn't reach the players? They don't know how to read? They live in a cocoon?
If they read posts here, do you still want fans to air out their greivances to a point of exageration? I'm not pro-censorship except when it leads to hatred or pro violence. I beleive in people"s good will and self-censorship. I'm still naive and "teddy bear" mind. But sometimes I look at people's reactions on social medias and I say OMG. They should air by making something like playing a music instrument or sport.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad