Speculation: Official JT Miller Trade Thread II - NEW Update (1/25/22) - Rangers Interest "Next Level"

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Servalli, with no explicit ties to either organization, reports the Rangers are very interested in Miller. That's to be taken with a grain of salt. Fair enough.

Brooks, known loudspeaker for Rangers management, says the Rangers will only give second tier prospects. It's taken as unquestioned gospel.

I mean I know this is my second comment on the subject, but am I missing something here?

Chronology.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Why do I hate Nylander? I’d like to see my team actually compete for a Cup in my lifetime and Miller plays more of a playoff style game, Schenn too. Willie is great, but we kinda need some of those playoff types too, can’t just ice scorers. :dunno:
Nylander is and has been your best playoff performer up front
If anyone should be moved based on playoff performance it is Marner and Tavares( good luck with the latter lol)

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
No way to 1st + Lundqvist + Kravstov.

Kravstov is already 22 and hasn't shown anything in North America and hasn't shown significant improvement in Russia. Given the situation and uncertainty, he's a complete wildcard and not worth much to the Canucks.

Lundqvist is a promising prospect but he doesn't fill any needs for the Canucks. We already have Hughes and OEL stapled to the left side for years to come.

I'm sure most contenders would top that package without thinking twice.
Lundkvist is RD

Reactions: Anthony5967

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Servalli, with no explicit ties to either organization, reports the Rangers are very interested in Miller. That's to be taken with a grain of salt. Fair enough.

Brooks, known loudspeaker for Rangers management, says the Rangers will only give second tier prospects. It's taken as unquestioned gospel.

I mean I know this is my second comment on the subject, but am I missing something here?
Welcome to HFboard where everyone trashes other teams fans proposal to ease the worry of their own team giving up too much in a trade

Reactions: Cogburn

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Chronology.

Yes but an article written in the 50s can still be relevant if it was accurate. A youtube video posted by someone with a known agenda and history of spouting homerist, let's be real here, propaganda, is worth very little no matter when it was published.

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
But at the same time, this is a defect in saying JTM's price just went up based on the TT trade.

I don't think his trade value went up because of the Toffoli trade, but that his "perceived value" has gone up. NONE of us have any idea of what specific players trade values are. The talking heads like Friedman, Marek, Brooks etc also don't know what these players' trade values are either, they can only speculate. But if Tyler Toffoli is traded for higher than what his perceived value is, then it's logical to think that maybe Miller's perceived value is also higher. Or the Flames just overpaid for Toffoli because they really wanted him. Could be either.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Just a guess. But Rangers offers Chytil, Kravtsov, Kakko for Miller

But Canucks are not budging

I think they would... if offered Lafreniere

Kakko's tempting, but I don't feel the other pieces hold much value. Three wingers...I mean that is one area we're set up very well, too.

LaFreniere would be a huge return for Miller, but I don't see that happening either.

Both guys have been declared off the table, even by our own Canucks "insiders", so I don't see either being offered.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

John Mandalorian

Nov 29, 2018
Yes but an article written in the 50s can still be relevant if it was accurate. A youtube video posted by someone with a know agenda and history of spouting homerist, let's be real here, propaganda, is worth very little no matter when it was published.

You don't get it. Seravelli's comment (Im assuming it's the one referenced in the thread title because of a recent comment) was 3 weeks ago. It still hasn't happened in spite of using such terminology as "next level". Brooks just made a comment today. His comment does more to explain why a trade hasn't happened yet. Weird huh?

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
You don't get it. Seravelli's comment (Im assuming it's the one referenced in the thread title because of a recent comment) was 3 weeks ago. It still hasn't happened in spite of using such terminology as "next level". Brooks just made a comment today. His comment does more to explain why a trade hasn't happened yet. Weird huh?

You don't do a lot to cite or vet sources, do you?

Reactions: Nucklehead Supreme

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site

And then Brooks created his own trade offer with arguably less value than what the Flames just traded for Toffoli and stated it would "comprise a pretty good return". Larry Brooks should be taken with a grain of salt.

Last edited:

John Mandalorian

Nov 29, 2018
I don't think his trade value went up because of the Toffoli trade, but that his "perceived value" has gone up. NONE of us have any idea of what specific players trade values are. The talking heads like Friedman, Marek, Brooks etc also don't know what these players' trade values are either, they can only speculate. But if Tyler Toffoli is traded for higher than what his perceived value is, then it's logical to think that maybe Miller's perceived value is also higher. Or the Flames just overpaid for Toffoli because they really wanted him. Could be either.

Well, they might be told information as to a players value but that should automatically be dismissed because GMs sharing this information are doing so with purpose. So automatically, the motive of sharing information on value should be questioned. And that's if you even believe the source (eg Friedman, Dreger, Seravelli, Eklund, etc).

Keep in mind that a lot of the benchmarks being thrown around have been coming by deals from one team: TBL. If TBL is the only team willing to put such a premium on certain players and they're not involved, the price/ask/value either comes down or the player isn't traded if the remaining teams (not TBL) think it's too much. So this is a common thing that you see on HF that's problematic in determining value.

Secondly, if Calgary is a playoff team who is willing to trade a first for a forward, guess what happens when you lose one of the potential suitors for other forwards? By removing one of the potantial suitors, it becomes less competitive, which once again, would negatively impact the price/ask/value. I mean, the ask might stay the same or go up, but if no one is willing to pay that, then that's really not the value/price. The price/value is significantly impacted by what others are willing to pay.

Sorry if it's offensive that I explain this - I know it's kind of remedial. And a lot of people know all of this. But when you see the behavior and some of the comments, it should be reiterated.

One other thing: People keep citing what TBL has paid. But what about what Toronto paid for Foligno? Not all of these scenarios end well. You'd think GMs pay attention to the failures as well as the successes.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
And then Brooks created his own trade offer with arguably less value than what the Flames just traded for Toffoli and stated it would be "comprise a pretty good return". Larry Brooks should be taken with a grain of salt.

How long until someone quotes Taj in here, and we're expected to take it seriously with a straight face?

Edit: Oh man, I just realized where the Kratsov to Vancouver rumours came from in the other thread! Ha.

Last edited:

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
If he's actually traded you are going to be disappointed.
probably right i would rather keep him and let him walk after our own run this year and next than help other teams and get a late 1st rounder and 2 struggling prospects which likely amounts to zero top end impact and caves post season hopes for our team for 2yrs.

HC7

May 2, 2018
Haven't read through this, but would imagine it would ultimately look something similar to this.

Kerfoot, Dermott/Holl?, Amirov/Robertson, 2022 1st (No protections)

Miller 50%, Schenn

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Haven't read through this, but would imagine it would ultimately look something similar to this.

Kerfoot, Dermott/Holl?, Amirov/Robertson, 2022 1st (No protections)

Miller 50%, Schenn

Kerfoot isn't wanted or needed here. We have wingers. We have centers. If we trade Miller, he serves 0 purpose to us except being a cap dump. We have explained this, and why so many of us think this, so many times it feels as though you're deliberately trolling us.

Holl and Dermott might as well not be in the trade. We don't have a place for either, and Schenn (who they'd be replacing) is more valuable to us then either of them are.

I personally don't see Robertson being as valuable as he's hyped up to be, so for diplomacy's sake, let's say Amirov. Others may disagree, but Robertson's size and already extensive injury history have him in the "high risk, high reward" territory.

Amirov and a first isn't a winning offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad