Speculation: Official JT Miller Trade Thread II - NEW Update (1/25/22) - Rangers Interest "Next Level"

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
So, vague reports of "Rangers strong interest" 3 weeks ago from general reporters and Canucks fans use that to run rampant with ideas how to fix their whole prospect group

Reports today from Rangers oldest beat reporter and a follow up from a Canucks beat reporter that mentions specific players and it is dispelled because it displeases Canucks fans

Yet aligns with what a majority of Rangers fans have said is indicated by the organization and their direction the past year with Schneider and even Othmann since his draft with Drury

lmao

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
So, vague reports of "Rangers strong interest" 3 weeks ago from general reporters and Canucks fans use that to run rampant with ideas how to fix their whole prospect group

Reports today from Rangers oldest beat reporter and a follow up from a Canucks beat reporter that mentions specific players and it is dispelled because it displeases Canucks fans

Yet aligns with what a majority of Rangers fans have said is indicated by the organization and their direction the past year with Schneider and even Othmann since his draft with Drury

lmao

No, it's dispelled because Brooks is a homer and a clown, with zero credibility outside of Rangers management and fans. How many "insiders" have been thrown out during interviews with their teams players? How many have claimed a player tried to kill another? How many have a whole slew of "banning" articles regarding players, coaches, and even concepts like blocking shots? Or on at least one occasion have a colleague accuse you, with evidence, of flat our making up a story?

We have our own pro-Canucks hacks, but we can recognize them as such. Seravelli is definitely after the clicks, but I don't think he gives a wet fart about advancing the Canucks cause.

Deadly Dogma

All I have is substantially vapid opinions
Sponsor
May 3, 2016

lmao
Leafs can offer 2 1sts and Lilj+Kerfoot for Miller@50%+Schenn.

nonfactor

Jan 9, 2017
Baltimore
If the Canucks are smart, they ask for Schneider and a first. That is the max Miller should go for if the asking price includes Schneider. Asking for more means Drury hangs up. At the same time, in a cap world, a first round pick is like found money. The pick may pan out, may not. Remember that Shea Weber was a second rounder.

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
And we're back to believing Kakko and Lafreniere are on the table for Miller. It's like a rinse and repeat process for some. 1.5 years of JT Miller isn't netting a Lafreniere or Kakko. You trade players like that for guys like Eichel or Draisaitl type players that wind up demanding out. Not saying Leon will, just making a point. Eichel got Krebs back as the best prospect. Good prospect, hardly an A+ caliber one. Sure, Eichel was waiting on surgery, but that's a 23-year-old C with the term.

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
Yes because we as fans on a message board control the price............
I just use this thing called "logic" and "common sense," try it sometime. Neither of those players are being traded for Miller. If that doesn't get him, fine. Don't want him anyway. The Canucks should re-sign him. Either that or just keep the price sky high so that the Rangers will move on.

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
nobody on here has a clue what teams are interested of what kind of offer they would make. Does JT Miller help any playoff team...Yes, is it a guarantee he will help win you a cup...No. Do you have to give up quality assets for a player like JT Miller...Yes, does a big trade always lead to success down the road for the futures you received for a player like JT Miller...No

Whining and telling other teams fans they are delusional or asking for the moon etc is non sense. EVERY teams fans have wanted to acquire a top trade piece and not give up much. Or, had all these prized prospects who were ALL going to be elite and be way more valuable than the acquiring player...that is a fantast world people, enjoy the ride this is a hockey forum to discuss not bash people.

Do fans over value their players and prospects...YUP!!! Why is that...cause we love our team that much and only think the moon of the teams assets. Remember this, 1 team wins the championship 31 others fail...every single year!

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
nobody on here has a clue what teams are interested of what kind of offer they would make. Does JT Miller help any playoff team...Yes, is it a guarantee he will help win you a cup...No. Do you have to give up quality assets for a player like JT Miller...Yes, does a big trade always lead to success down the road for the futures you received for a player like JT Miller...No

Whining and telling other teams fans they are delusional or asking for the moon etc is non sense. EVERY teams fans have wanted to acquire a top trade piece and not give up much. Or, had all these prized prospects who were ALL going to be elite and be way more valuable than the acquiring player...that is a fantast world people, enjoy the ride this is a hockey forum to discuss not bash people.

Do fans over value their players and prospects...YUP!!! Why is that...cause we love our team that much and only think the moon of the teams assets. Remember this, 1 team wins the championship 31 others fail...every single year!
Here are the assets available for Miller - Nils Lundkvist, Vitali Kravtsov, Filip Chytil, 1st round pick, and not even all of that. If that doesn't work - great, we all move on. Miller isn't the difference between the Rangers winning and not winning this year, and our window is just cracking open anyway. We have zero pressure to do anything.

Personally, I wouldn't trade any of those guys for Miller, and I wouldn't offer more than a few prospects and a 2nd. And I couldn't care less whether or not that isn't feasible because I don't want him on my team.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Well then...who else do they have to complete a trade for a player like Miller?

Complete? Unfortunately if Rangers give in that would probably be Schneider+.

But a competitive offer? (Which is all I hope they go for honestly) Some form of Lundkvist, Krav, Chytil, 1st.

nonfactor

Jan 9, 2017
Baltimore
Here are the assets available for Miller - Nils Lundkvist, Vitali Kravtsov, Filip Chytil, 1st round pick, and not even all of that. If that doesn't work - great, we all move on. Miller isn't the difference between the Rangers winning and not winning this year, and our window is just cracking open anyway. We have zero pressure to do anything.

Personally, I wouldn't trade any of those guys for Miller, and I wouldn't offer more than a few prospects and a 2nd. And I couldn't care less whether or not that isn't feasible because I don't want him on my team.

Nobody knows what will be offered up for Miller, yet everyone acts like they do. For all we know Drury may be under external pressure to make a move that has the potential to put them closer to making a legitimate cup run. It’s the pros and cons that will ultimately win out in the end. Add to that, what are the future costs of having all these players that will demand large coin in a few years? So all the armchair GM’s saying Miller “isn’t it bro” have zero clue. As I said in another post, Miller is worth Schneider and a first, no more, no less.

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
Nobody knows what will be offered up for Miller, yet everyone acts like they do. For all we know Drury may be under external pressure to make a move that has the potential to put them closer to making a legitimate cup run. It’s the pros and cons that will ultimately win out in the end. Add to that, what are the future costs of having all these players that will demand large coin in a few years? So all the armchair GM’s saying Miller “isn’t it bro” have zero clue. As I said in another post, Miller is worth Schneider and a first, no more, no less.
Yes, we know, because we are using common sense and logic, and also based upon everything that has been reported and what we know about our team. You aren't getting Schneider for him, so disavow yourself of that concept. Nils is available because Schneider isn't.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
I just use this thing called "logic" and "common sense," try it sometime. Neither of those players are being traded for Miller. If that doesn't get him, fine. Don't want him anyway. The Canucks should re-sign him. Either that or just keep the price sky high so that the Rangers will move on.

upload_2022-2-15_8-53-16.gif

Reactions: Erub ot Ynligom
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad