Speculation: Official JT Miller Trade Thread II - NEW Update (1/25/22) - Rangers Interest "Next Level"

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Rangers fans are stressed cause they have a management that purposely gave up future assets for Reeves

say good bye to a great prospect you like

What is it with you Nucks fans calling us Rangers fans stressed lol. This is the 2nd time I’ve seen it now.

If anything you Nucks fans are the stressed ones worrying about having to get Schneider from NYR in a Miller deal…

Rangers fans have already laughed it off and told you to kick rocks to a different team if that’s the case. We all chill here

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver

Looks like an exec from Rangers texted Brooksie and taught him how to make a twitter thread

I disagree with everything Brooks said, minus there being a law that NYR has to add the listed prospect.

He's saying Toffoli, a much lesser player (we saw them side by side), getting more then was expected doesn't affect the market, Othmann, Cuyll and Schneider aren't necessarily on the table (full disclosure, Rangers fans value Schneider as much or more than Canucks fans do, so I can see him not being available), Millers value will some how decrease if we don't take the first offer made (although he seems to confirm that two potential post-seasons boosts his value which...I don't know, everyone wanting Miller seems to argue it doesn't), and that Lundqvist and Chytil is a fair return.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018

Looks like an exec from Rangers texted Brooksie and taught him how to make a twitter thread

Is that really true? What if the teams in on Miller think Calgary paid entirely too much? The price is where the supply curve meets the demand curve, no?

OK. But if you wait a year, the home run you're after will likely turn into a double or a single.

Pretty much aligns with what I've been saying.

JohnHodgson

May 6, 2009

No way to 1st + Lundqvist + Kravstov.

Kravstov is already 22 and hasn't shown anything in North America and hasn't shown significant improvement in Russia. Given the situation and uncertainty, he's a complete wildcard and not worth much to the Canucks.

Lundqvist is a promising prospect but he doesn't fill any needs for the Canucks. We already have Hughes and OEL stapled to the left side for years to come.

I'm sure most contenders would top that package without thinking twice.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Look i know Ranger fans wont like what i'm saying beacuse i'm not that interested in gutting our team without Miller and i get that it takes 2 to tango but the only package that would be interesting has Othmann and Schneider in it for me plus a 1st

Krvatsov and Lundqvist are rapidly busting no interest at all in that from my view. Rathbone and Klimovich are currently superior prospects

Cotton

May 13, 2013
Deal
Holy cow can’t believe a Nylander hating leafs fan still exist in 2022

No wait…actually I do believe

Why do I hate Nylander? I’d like to see my team actually compete for a Cup in my lifetime and Miller plays more of a playoff style game, Schenn too. Willie is great, but we kinda need some of those playoff types too, can’t just ice scorers. :dunno:

FoxysExpensiveNYDigs

Boo Nieves Truther
Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Look i know Ranger fans wont like what i'm saying beacuse i'm not that interested in gutting our team without Miller and i get that it takes 2 to tango but the only package that would be interesting has Othmann and Schneider in it for me plus a 1st

Krvatsov and Lundqvist are rapidly busting no interest at all in that from my view. Rathbone and Klimovich are currently superior prospects
If he's actually traded you are going to be disappointed.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Servalli, with no explicit ties to either organization, reports the Rangers are very interested in Miller. That's to be taken with a grain of salt. Fair enough.

Brooks, known loudspeaker for Rangers management, says the Rangers will only give second tier prospects. It's taken as unquestioned gospel.

I mean I know this is my second comment on the subject, but am I missing something here?

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
And I'm saying if you have the same thinking as Larry Brooks, that's not something to be proud of.

I'm not really modeling off of this guy though. The supply - demand curve is pretty basic economics. But it doesn't always apply. If it did, you wouldn't see landlords raise the rent on business tenants then watch them leave and have the location vacant for over a year. But at the same time, this is a defect in saying JTM's price just went up based on the TT trade.

FoxysExpensiveNYDigs

Boo Nieves Truther
Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Servalli, with no explicit ties to either organization, reports the Rangers are very interested in Miller. That's to be taken with a grain of salt. Fair enough.

Brooks, known loudspeaker for Rangers management, says the Rangers will only give second tier prospects. It's taken as unquestioned gospel.

I mean I know this is my second comment on the subject, but am I missing something here?
Any fan with a lick of sense doesnt take Brooks seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad