Speculation: Official JT Miller Trade Thread II - NEW Update (1/25/22) - Rangers Interest "Next Level"

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
There better be some Broadway tickets throw in.

And not for just the shit shows.

And not for seating beyond 2022.

If not, no deal.

zcaptain

Apr 4, 2012
Well the market is set

Miller is a better player than Toffoli
If Van retains........... that could be a hefty return.

not sure if they want to retain seeing as they have potentially Halak's bonuses, Virtanen's Buyout, Holtby's Buyout,

But Luongo recapture does end.

I think this is where most people that argue against Miller's value loose their argument.................

So this...............

If Toffoli's value is a 1st, a 5th, a B-prospect, essentially

Then Miller value should be quite a bit more.....what ever that is

So retention, it should even be a lot more

Define a lot more!

I do not think a Blue chip prospect is out of that discussion

And just for argument sake.................who the heck ever said Schneider is a Blue Chip Prospect?

Feb 19, 2018
If Drury hasnt met Vancouver's ask at this point, he's not going to do so if they suddenly up their ask based on the Toffoli deal. This is silly.
Vancouver would be smart to try and trade a nice piece to a division rival/competing team of the Rangers to drive up their price on Miller, their best asset.

Reactions: jd22
Feb 19, 2018
Makes sense. The best strategy to operating a team is to act like a jilted ex girlfriend.
Using leverage is never a bad thing when you are trying to extract value. I’m sure JR has some great relationships within the division, also one of the most scouted over the last few years.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Vancouver would be smart to try and trade a nice piece to a division rival/competing team of the Rangers to drive up their price on Miller, their best asset.

But if the price goes up even more they can just walk away from Miller and go after someone else if they cared that much.

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
If Drury hasnt met Vancouver's ask at this point, he's not going to do so if they suddenly up their ask based on the Toffoli deal. This is silly.
This isn’t exactly how negotiations go… one team asks for everything and the other counters with bare minimum. As time and outside “pressures” occur the offer likely changes, in that both teams will do a give/take. So just because nothing has been agreed upon to date doesn’t mean it won’t ever. The more trades that occur, the more likely it helps set the tone too.

Reactions: Nucklehead Supreme
Feb 19, 2018
There is a possible way of a three way trade here. I don’t see the deal without a top RHD Prospect coming back for Vancouver

John Johnson

Apr 11, 2019

Feel like this is pretty spot on, Sat has a pretty realistic take.

Oh so a late first, an undersized offensive dman that isn't guaranteed to pan out in the NHL, and a winger headed towards bust status that requested a trade and Rangers are forced to trade. I would rather keep Miller 10/10 times.

Reactions: CanuckCity

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
If you’re a Ranger fan posting in this thread, yeah, you’re probably a little stressed.

JT isn’t the same player we traded away, but it’s going to hurt a lot if they move some of these prime young assets to bring him back.

This thread is where you go to cope with that seeming inevitability.

DelZottoHitTheNetJK

Mar 10, 2011

Twitter dude asking for Othmann lmaoooo

If the ask is that high, the Rangers will let Chytil sink or swim and it is what it is.

Anything more than 1st + Lundqvist + Kravtsov and the Rangers say hard pass. This is one of those situations where the fit is really good but it just isn't worth giving up the assets. Let another team overpay, the Rangers aren't really contenders until one of Kakko/Lafreniere become legitimate 5 on 5 threats and that's looking to be at the earliest next season. The question is, will the Rangers try and catch lightning in a bottle and go all in right now with Kreider, Fox and Shesterkin having absolute insane seasons. I think they stay the course if the ask is higher than the aforementioned. I think they'd ideally want someone a bit younger to sell the farm for. A Tage Thompson type player is what I'd be willing to go all in for, but for obvious reasons he's probably untouchable for Buffalo

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Rangers fans are stressed cause they have a management that purposely gave up future assets for Reeves

say good bye to a great prospect you like

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad