Speculation: Official JT Miller Trade Thread II - NEW Update (1/25/22) - Rangers Interest "Next Level"

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
If Miller is fine signing around $8M for 6 years, does Vancouver just re-sign him at this point? 80-point pace. Guy has been fantastic. It's not a fluke either. He's a completely different player. Not saying he's Ryan O'Reilly defensively, but he's probably a better all-around version of him.

Reactions: Nucklehead Supreme

FoxysExpensiveNYDigs

Boo Nieves Truther
Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
If Miller is fine signing around $8M for 6 years, does Vancouver just re-sign him at this point? 80-point pace. Guy has been fantastic. It's not a fluke either. He's a completely different player. Not saying he's Ryan O'Reilly defensively, but he's probably a better all-around version of him.
This is the way i see it going, as long as he's willing.

Reactions: Anthony5967

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Has there been anything in Vancouver media reported about it? Is it just speculation that he wants to go back to the States?

A variety of things. There's the initial story where he didn't exactly fit in with the younger core. I believe he was referrred to as a cancer. Then there's the speculation/rumor/reports that his agent is leaking news of interest from other teams. And, yes. There's the issue of him being an American playing for a Canadian team.

noupf

Jan 31, 2007
So i'm curious.....JT Miller is clearly a quality player that has gotten better as his career has aged......why is VAN looking to trade him and not keep him around for the future?

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
So i'm curious.....JT Miller is clearly a quality player that has gotten better as his career has aged......why is VAN looking to trade him and not keep him around for the future?
I feel like this gets answered every page…

There’s indications that miller doesn’t want to resign, wants to go back to US. Trust me we don’t want to trade him if there’s a reasonable resign situation but that doesn’t seem likely.

NYVanfan

Mar 27, 2002
Visit site
I feel like this gets answered every page…

There’s indications that miller doesn’t want to resign, wants to go back to US. Trust me we don’t want to trade him if there’s a reasonable resign situation but that doesn’t seem likely.

also they need to build a sustainable future. they aint pushing for a cup until Miller is in his 30s, and having a guy that age take up the bulk of your cap is a big gamble, better to have <25 assets with more prime years. His trade value is very high right now, so its only a case for pulling the trigger with homerun assets, like Schneider, Newhook, etc. if not, have a whole other year also to trade him..

Deadly Dogma

All I have is substantially vapid opinions
Sponsor
May 3, 2016
I wonder if the Leafs are going to go all in with Vancouver
2022 1st+2023 1st+Lilj+Robertson+Kerfoot for Miller@50%+Schenn
Kerfoot is not a cap dump guy is playing like a legit top 6 winger

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I don't see the connection. The majority of the discussion about Miller seemingly has centered on whether he will return a leaguewide blue chip prospect or not. Toffoli went for comparatively expendable assets.

Yeah I think that pretty much solidifies that Miller isn't going to return the top blue chip prospect Canucks fans want.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
I don't see the connection. The majority of the discussion about Miller seemingly has centered on whether he will return a leaguewide blue chip prospect or not. Toffoli went for comparatively expendable assets.

Yeah I think that pretty much solidifies that Miller isn't going to return the top blue chip prospect Canucks fans want.

I'm not suggesting Canucks fans are going to get everything they want here but I don't see the comparison.

Miller is an all-around play driving 1st liner while Toffoli is a good secondary scorer.

The difference in value here ought to be a good prospect, or the upgrade of a good prospect to a top prospect (at least).

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
@TomKosto

Look at the date in the thread title. On 1.25, NYR's interest was so "next level" that we're three weeks later and nothing has happened.

Do you still want to pretend that information isn't leaked to reporters for the purpose of manipulating the market/demand? Or maybe even for other purposes?

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I'm not suggesting Canucks fans are going to get everything they want here but I don't see the comparison.

Miller is an all-around play driving 1st liner while Toffoli is a good secondary scorer.

The difference in value here ought to be a good prospect, or the upgrade of a good prospect to a top prospect (at least).

Yeah, Miller is better than Toffoli, but Calgary effectively gave up a late 1st, a 5th, a mediocre bottom six prospect, and a nothing roster player. The gap between Miller and Toffoli doesn't increase that to a top prospect. It increases it to a B level prospect and an upgrade on the 5th round pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad