Speculation: Official JT Miller Trade Thread II - NEW Update (1/25/22) - Rangers Interest "Next Level"

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pure Slaughter Value

Jun 6, 2002
New York
Visit site
So after 1500 post what conclusion have we come to?

He may be traded at the deadline or finish the year in Vancouver
He may be traded at the draft
He may be traded at next year's deadline
He may sign an extension.

Think that covers it.

Wait, I forgot that if he is traded he'll return either a late 1st and prospects that are 5th-10th in an org's pipline or five 1st rounders.

Reactions: Erub ot Ynligom

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
The asking price was 4 first round assets. They got 3 first round assets plus a conditional 2nd. That pretty close to the asking price

Yeah and I'm talking about the Sabres fans on this board that took "four first round assets" to mean multiple blue chip prospects or high value ELC pieces.

Pure Slaughter Value

Jun 6, 2002
New York
Visit site
Tuch's going to wind up as making that trade less lopsided. If he can stay healthy he could give Buffalo 25g, 35a a year for the next four years while being close to friends and family.

That really wasn't a horrible trade. They got Tuch, Krebs, a 1st in 22 and a 2nd in 22 and 23. Pretty limited trade partners due to not wanting to trade him in the Metro and Eichel's salary being 10m.

Plus y'know, Buffalo being Buffalo and all, really just going about it the wrong way (several times).

Reactions: CanuckCity

tkb81

Mar 15, 2009
i love the dimwits in this thread...99% of people know JT has NOT had a 100pt season. 99% of you seem to OVERLOOK the past 3 years of JT Miller's production and see where he sits across the entire league during that time...

Can't wait for the TDL to be over so the whining and bashing of non stop proposals can stop till the draft, go outside and get some vitamin D people, it's good for ya!

Any deal involving JT likely won't happen till the last week before the TDL, judging by the threads....gonna be a lot more pissing over JT and many others on here.

Never change passionate/delusional hockey fans of HF!
Yah bro I apologized for my mistake

John Johnson

Apr 11, 2019
This is what Buffalo fans said about Eichel, followed usually by "so we'll keep him", shortly before the Sabres traded him for not "the price".
A little different situations. Eichel requested a trade and needed surgery. Miller has done neither.

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
A little different situations. Eichel requested a trade and needed surgery. Miller has done neither.
Is there was no neck surgery, especially one where he wanted a specific one that is unknown how it will hold up in professional sports, that made him a question mark to come back, Eichel gets the equivalent to 5 1sts and a warm body

zcaptain

Apr 4, 2012
Well, I pretty well had enough of the silliness.

This thread is not about Eichel, nor his value when he was traded..........and every learned hockey fans knows his story and why his value was what it was. If Eichel comes back better than ever, he will be as valuable as Matthews. But that is and wasn't the case as of now, his surgery has not been tested. his value is different, than if he is completely healed.

This thread is about Miller and his value, and again, any learned fan knows many lesser players that have been traded, that have received a 1st and a A- prospect, there have been more than a few trades where the players has been traded for a NHL player, a A-prospect, and a 1st. The question then, how much is retention worth?

So, even if a argument can be made that Miller is not worth all of that, learned fans can certainly not argue that that Millers value is worth more than a NHL player, an A prospect and a late 1st. To argue against that, underlines that person's knowledge of the game. No one can argue that these types of trades do not happen often because they do not, but certainly in a vacuum, the value is fair, and those trades do happen.

Again, Miller certainly equals a A-prospect and a late first, and the retention must equal a fair amount. (aka a NHL player or 3rd line or lower?)

This will equal, a fair trade of Miller at 50% retained for a NHL player, an A-prospect, and a late 1st.

The other argument that never seems to get brought up is the possibility of Miller being re-signed in 2 years, which could very well happen, or his rights traded, in the second year or before his UFA status takes effect.......all in the realm of possibilities.........

Now, the question is, what is Schneiders status as a prospect, well, I do not think at this time anyone could argue he is a blue chip prospect, as those are bestowed on elite prospects, of which Schneider is not. He has never been anointed as one. And no one has done so in this thread, the argument is only said that he is good and has a spot ear marked for him. I do not believe any Ranger fan would compare him to Fox, who is. Therefore, at best he is an A-prospect, and would be deemed expendable, for the right price.

As not one, can say what Rutherford or Drury will do, it is a mute point, and a point that should not be discussed in denial or refusal of common acceptance.

It is easily accepted that either GM could refuse to do the deal, and Rutherford has taken a step back from his original statements, so we shall see, but honestly, I think value wise..........none of the Rangers blue chips should be on the table for discussion, and everything else should be also.

IMO, people on both side are wearing rose colored glasses..............

Last edited:
Reactions: Canadian Canuck

Seventy7

May 16, 2015
Miller is playing his way off the trade block. Unless a sweetheart deal comes along, he’s a Canuck for at least the rest of this season. My bet is they find a way to extend him.

Last edited:

bbny

Unregistered User
Apr 12, 2019
There's no reason for the Canucks to trade Miller this season unless a team forces their hand to do so. I think it will happen if the Canucks fall out of the race, but I don't think it will be the Rangers. It'll be a team with a better future cap situation that can afford to extend Miller.

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
I still think a team like Nashville could be silently poking around at Miller. They have the assets and the type of prospects we would be looking for in a trade. Especially if they are going to lose Forsberg to UFA. (the last I heard he was unhappy in Nashville but that was early in the season)

If I had to guess, NYR, Nsh, Colorado will probably be poking around at the deadline with a good amount of interest and possible Calgary, Carolina, and maybe even LA could also be in on him.

LA is an interesting one to me, they have the assets and prospects and I dont think they will be waiting the 2/3 years it will take to see what they have in their system develope. Plus I think the clock is really ticking with Doughty and Kopitar. Plus Miller would be a good fit on that team.

From LA I would ask for one of Faber/Spence/Grens their 2022 1st (Lottery Protected) Vilardi/Kupari
We probably wont get that much but, then again we will have plenty of oppertunity to trade him to the East instead of in the conference

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad