Speculation: Official JT Miller Trade Thread II - NEW Update (1/25/22) - Rangers Interest "Next Level"

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
A question for NYR fans: "IF" you had to move 1 of these 2 players which one would it be Schneider or Lafrenierre?

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
Neither and certainly not for JT.

Okay thanks. I can understand the #1 overall guy but not so much with Schneider considering the depth the NYR have on the right side. To be able to add a top 20 scorer the past 3 years who can play all situations and all 3 forwards positions...you would think a team would offer an asset like Scheider to acquire him and he has an extra year on his deal too!

Oh well, if Schneider is off the table I don't see a trade that makes sense from the Canucks stand point. We don't need 3,4,5 pieces as some clamor for, we need 2 quality assets that fits holes within the team.

Boston might have heavy interest, would think Colorado would as well and a team like Carolina maybe wants to add to get through the tough eastern conference. Should be interesting to see what happens over the next 5 weeks, hope Canucks don't make a move for the sake of it and make sure they prioritize getting the "right" return. A late 1st round pick is far from a guarantee especially from Vancouver...

Reactions: VancouverJagger

Hoglander

I'm Höglander. I can do whatever I want.
Jan 4, 2019
Midtown, New York
Rangers are not contenders, they have no cap space to improve their team for next year, and jt isn't a rental. On top of that, van isn't retaining just to get a late first and b prospects.

Thread has run its coarse

Reactions: JiffyPB and smoneil

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
You're right, they could be bad together. But it is more likely they produce together based on skill sets.

What i like about Miller is that he doesn't need Panarin to produce.

If we added him for the stretch run, I'd slide him on the 3rd line with Lafreniere and Goodrow

Add him to the 2nd PP unit as well and we are now a legit 3 line team.

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015

If we added him for the stretch run, I'd slide him on the 3rd line with Lafreniere and Goodrow

He would be better for PP1 though. Gives you a rh and lh faceoff guy. Strome would be better moved to pp2 imo.

Reactions: pld459666

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
Rangers are not contenders, they have no cap space to improve their team for next year, and jt isn't a rental. On top of that, van isn't retaining just to get a late first and b prospects.

Thread has run its coarse
Imo you are way off on all accounts. They have 7m to add this year, and 12 in space next year with only 6 spaces to full. JT would take one, and the other 5 are a backup, Blais, Kakko and 2 bottom 6ers basically. They can easily afford JT with not retention this year and next. This is also an all purpose JT thread with multiple teams. The reason the Rangers are talked about so much is because they are reported to be the most into him.

Also they are every bit a contending team and adding JT puts them up there with TBL and the Panthers

Hoglander

I'm Höglander. I can do whatever I want.
Jan 4, 2019
Midtown, New York
Imo you are way off on all accounts. They have 7m to add this year, and 12 in space next year with only 6 spaces to full. JT would take one, and the other 5 are a backup, Blais, Kakko and 2 bottom 6ers basically. They can easily afford JT with not retention this year and next. This is also an all purpose JT thread with multiple teams. The reason the Rangers are talked about so much is because they are reported to be the most into him.

If true, then I guess the claims of "no capspace" are just lies, based on posters' denial about their GM being interested. lol @ them.

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
i love the dimwits in this thread...99% of people know JT has NOT had a 100pt season. 99% of you seem to OVERLOOK the past 3 years of JT Miller's production and see where he sits across the entire league during that time...

Can't wait for the TDL to be over so the whining and bashing of non stop proposals can stop till the draft, go outside and get some vitamin D people, it's good for ya!

Any deal involving JT likely won't happen till the last week before the TDL, judging by the threads....gonna be a lot more pissing over JT and many others on here.

Never change passionate/delusional hockey fans of HF!

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Any deal involving JT likely won't happen till the last week before the TDL, judging by the threads....gonna be a lot more pissing over JT and many others on here.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Ruth trade Miller first week of March. I also wouldn't be surprised to see him finish the year in Vancouver.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008

the main problem with that is your top 6 guys get the Brunt of the time over the bottom 6 guys.
The rangers PP Is very good, so I doubt anything changes, no matter who we add.
If you put Miller on 3rd line, your cutting minutes/situations he’s getting now in Van.
If they traded for him, he’d likely play on a line with strome/panarin, but no way they are replacing strome on the PP this year.
As far as PP2 goes, it’s pretty insignificant.
Our 1PP stays on for 1min 30-40 seconds.
Our PP2 doesn’t even get any real significant time to even set up and settle in.

Reactions: bl02
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad