Speculation: Official JT Miller Trade Thread II - NEW Update (1/25/22) - Rangers Interest "Next Level"

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

zcaptain

Apr 4, 2012
Othmann, Lundqvist, and a 2022-1st

for

Miller at 50%

Would Vancouver accept this?

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

for

Miller at 50%

As a Rangers fan I have zero issue with this proposal. It’s a lot but it’s probably around market value.

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
I'd prefer it with the pick rather than Kravstov.

Seems we have agreement. Can someone fax the paperwork around?

Reactions: zcaptain

nergish

Jun 1, 2019
He was for Eichel, why wouldn’t he be for JTM?

Did the Rangers get Eichel? That's probably why lol
They overrated their own players and wouldn't put together a realistic package to land a player like Jack.

Is Shesterkin peaking kind of like how Fox peaked last year? Hint: Fox has a higher PPG this year.

Fair enough, though Fox is only 23.
I do personally feel that Shesty has a lot of good years left. But he is 26. There is a chance this is his peak.

JT for two-years helps that window big time.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
This is stupid. NYR cannot afford Miller's salary next year, only as a rental. This is never going to happen. These rumours are baseless.
Rangers can afford Miller 2022-23. After that, gets dicey. Rangers need to weigh out if they are okay with two runs.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver

for

Miller at 50%

As a Rangers fan I have zero issue with this proposal. It’s a lot but it’s probably around market value.

Huzzah, we have common ground!

I too would accept this, Othmann has grown on me a little since my "stomping around demanding Schneider" phase started. Not a perfect fit, but its getting to the best, valuewise.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI

I too would accept this, Othmann has grown on me a little since my "stomping around demanding Schneider" phase started. Not a perfect fit, but its getting to the best, valuewise.
Think the value is fair but I imagine a lot of HFNYR are not be the biggest fans of moving Othmann.

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009

for

Miller at 50%

While all 3 of those pieces would likely be in play for Miller, I can't see the Rangers moving all 3, even if it's at 50%.

I'd imagine that it would be one of Othmann/Lundqvist, Kravtsov, and the 1st round pick.

I don't think they want to clear out both Othmann/Lundqvist in terms of their potential to bring a cheap player short term... and it's pretty clear that Kravtsov is not going to be a factor for the Rangers, and the 1st round pick, barring an absolute miracle, is of course likely to be 2-3 years away from seeing NHL ice, nevermind contributing.

Last edited:

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
How? Fox has a $9.5m cap hit next year and may have to dump Strome as it is.

Georgiev, Kakko, Strome, Blais, Gauthier, McKegg, Rooney and Hajek need new contracts, and Lundqvist's dead cap all might help.

Also, if the plan is to keep as many of them as possible, other moves have to be made anyway (there is only 3.65 million in cap space available), Miller could just be the replacement to one of those pieces next year as well.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Think the value is fair but I imagine a lot of HFNYR are not be the biggest fans of moving Othmann.

I can't say I blame them, but we need something valuable to dislodge Miller here, and there are a lot of pieces that are already marked as not available. It's not like I can twist anyones arm, but if we can't get a perfect fit, as far as position and play style go, value is what we need to work with.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Georgiev, Kakko, Strome, Blais, Gauthier, McKegg, Rooney and Hajek need new contracts, and Lundqvist's dead cap all might help.

Also, if the plan is to keep as many of them as possible, other moves have to be made anyway (there is only 3.65 million in cap space available), Miller could just be the replacement to one of those pieces next year as well.
For a rebuilding team that sounds like a terrible idea. They cannot trade controlled, cheap youth contracts for veteran contracts, even at 50% retention. Strome might not be re-signed for cap reasons, Buchnevich was traded for peanuts (PPG player). It makes no sense. If they gave Buchnevich away for basically nothing - and he would've been cheap - why would they then trade for Miller?

If they trade it's for a rental.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

Schneider is the only ELC/Jr. player that the Rangers have that should be untouchable

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
With Fox and Zibanejad's new contracts kicking in it's very doubtful. Miller would make it tight against the cap plus the Rangers have bonus issues as well.
I mean it costs them Strome (and they probable need to trade Nemeth and/or Georgiev) but they can do it next season. Whether they should do it, that’s another question.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
For a rebuilding team that sounds like a terrible idea. They cannot trade controlled, cheap youth contracts for veteran contracts. Strome might not be re-signed for cap reasons, Buchnevich was traded for peanuts (PPG player). It makes no sense.

Point taken, but this has been a rumour for some time.

If it's speculation on the part of these writers, fair enough, but my understanding was that given the forced moves at seasons end, as well as the teams relative success, the Rangers were shifting from rebuilding to competing.

The half capped Miller would be a piece similar to Goodrow and Coleman on Tampa Bay (not that the two teams are in identical positions, save for a coming cap crunch). A cap-inexpensive piece meant to contribute well above a comparably paid player, say Chytil, Reaves or Nemeth, all of whom could be moved or included. Otherwise 12 million to sign the players listed seems like a tall order. Kakko, Georgiev and Strome alone likely wouldn't fit under that amount of cap space, so I can see someone moving, by hook or by crook. I'm no expert on the Rangers team dynamics though, I'm just looking at numbers and comments from fans.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Schneider is the only ELC/Jr. player that the Rangers have that should be untouchable

But I really, really, really, really want him.

Kakko, Miller, LaFreniere, Schneider, Kravtsov, Othmann...they've all been named as "untouchable" by at least one poster here. Guess who on Kravtsov.

Fox is technically ELC until his extension kicks in too.

AHLdepth

Feb 17, 2020
But I really, really, really, really want him.

Kakko, Miller, LaFreniere, Schneider, Kravtsov, Othmann...they've all been named as "untouchable" by at least one poster here. Guess who on Kravtsov.

Fox is technically ELC until his extension kicks in too.

One guess huh? Same guy who doesn't even want Barron involved because of a cap crunch that will cripple the franchise going forward?

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
He was for Eichel, why wouldn’t he be for JTM?
Lmao. Eichel makes over 10 million per year coming off one of the worst surgeries an athlete can have. One more injury like that and he’s done. That aside, if he was untouchable for Eichel that is probably the stupidest decision of Chris Dury’s life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad