Speculation: Official JT Miller Trade Thread II - NEW Update (1/25/22) - Rangers Interest "Next Level"

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

nergish

Jun 1, 2019
“Your prospect really is not that good but he NEEDS to be part of the deal to make it work, he sucks though and your fanbass overrates him”

lol classic

Nah, I like Schneider, but I am laughing if you think he's untouchable to get somebody like JT Miller.
Panarin is in his 30s. Your young (26) Russian goalie is peaking.

Let us know if you'd like a chance at the cup. Or not...?

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

tomobson

Sep 16, 2008
Nah, I like Schneider, but I am laughing if you think he's untouchable to get somebody like JT Miller.

They're just looking to get playoff experience this year. Drury would be dumb to go all in on a team so young with no playoff experience. The media are saying the same thing about JT Miller that they said of Chychrun and the rangers only to say later that the rangers were never in the picture. No one in the media has any idea of what Drury is thinking. If Drury doesn't get his price he is moving on and I'm sure that has already happened with JT Miller some time ago. Media are just trying to get their clicks.

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA

Oh god - Panarin is 30, he'd better get his life alert subscription. He has at least 4 more years left of great production.

It's well known this Rangers team is 2 years away from being real contenders. I don't see us going for the cup this year, more likely a depth add or two. You can hold onto JT Miller until summer and get a shorter return for him. That's fine with us. What direction are you guys heading? I don't think anyone knows

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com

We already had Miller. Do you really think he is THE missing piece to the Rangers winning the Cup?

nergish

Jun 1, 2019
We already had Miller. Do you really think he is THE missing piece to the Rangers winning the Cup?

No idea. But that's the mindset when trading for him.
If your GM doesn't feel that this is the year, that's totally fair!

But we're not gifting the guy to NYR without getting a big-bodied RHD and (considering Schneider is a solid, if otherwise unremarkable, D prospect) more high-end pieces.

He could re-sign in Vancouver and remain a part of our leadership group. As Nucks fans, we're just explaining to Rangers fans that you won't get Jimothy Timothy for less than that.

Reactions: VancouverJagger

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019

Is Shesterkin peaking kind of like how Fox peaked last year? Hint: Fox has a higher PPG this year.

John Johnson

Apr 11, 2019
Why would the Rangers trade for him when they can just sign him after next year...for 8+mil...

FoxysExpensiveNYDigs

Boo Nieves Truther
Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
No idea. But that's the mindset when trading for him.
If your GM doesn't feel that this is the year, that's totally fair!

But we're not gifting the guy to NYR without getting a big-bodied RHD and (considering Schneider is a solid, if otherwise unremarkable, D prospect) more high-end pieces.

He could re-sign in Vancouver and remain a part of our leadership group. As Nucks fans, we're just explaining to Rangers fans that you won't get Jimothy Timothy for less than that.
He's handling 20+ min a night at 20 and looking good doing it. "Otherwise unremarkable" gtfo of here

Reactions: TheRedressor
Feb 27, 2002
NYC
Why would the Rangers trade for him when they can just sign him after next year...for 8+mil...
giphy.gif

Reactions: Kupo

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Honestly, Rangers fans feel free to say I am wrong on this if you want.
I feel you guys basically have just bad experiences with the old JT Miller when he played for you guys, That it's hard to kind of admit, or even push the fact that he has completely transformed himself, and has become a star player in this league.

Like a hockey version of PTSD or something.
Miller fits the Rangers like a glove, He can literally be slotted everywhere, and could contribute.
Gonna be interesting to see what happens

John Johnson

Apr 11, 2019
Honestly, Rangers fans feel free to say I am wrong on this if you want.
I feel you guys basically have just bad experiences with the old JT Miller when he played for you guys, That it's hard to kind of admit, or even push the fact that he has completely transformed himself, and has become a star player in this league.

Like a hockey version of PTSD or something.
Miller fits the Rangers like a glove, He can literally be slotted everywhere, and could contribute.
Gonna be interesting to see what happens
My man don't bother these guys don't want him.

VancouverJagger

Not trying to fit in
Feb 26, 2017
Vancouver - Coal Harbour
I think Rangers fans have been pretty consistent in saying no to Schneider... so let's assume he's not on the table.

What's your next best alternative?

Honestly I would look to find another trading partner - we need a long term partner for Hughes - nothing else imo is particularly appealing as I assume Laf is off the table as well.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Honestly I would look to find another trading partner - we need a long term partner for Hughes - nothing else imo is particularly appealing as I assume Laf is off the table as well.

And Kakko according a few beat writers. Miller from fans too.

So Amirov/Robertson from Toronto is looking shinier then the next step down.

PenderB

Jun 9, 2019
To get 2 more playoffs out of him. When your starting goalie plays, I think you are contenders whether you agree or not

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009

So who do you think would do a true "hockey deal", "1-for-1ish" kind of trade with Miller?

To be honest, I'm struggling to come up with a name that really "fills" the need, and is likely to be available for Miller....

Matt Dumba jumps out, but Minnesota with that massive impending cap issue it may not be realistic. Tyler Myers could maybe figure out how to play with Quinn Hughes in time.

Maybe Seattle moves Jamie Oleksiak or Adam Larsson? I'd imagine the Flames would certainly move Tanev back. Maybe New Jersey is willing to do a Severson deal (although I think they focus more on futures if Severson is going). I think you could certainly get David Savard out of Montreal without trading JT Miller. Similarly, you could maybe take on a project like Phillippe Myers who doesn't seem to have worked out all that well in Nashville. Justin Faulk in St. Louis a theoretical possibility as well. You could try and back up the brinks truck for Colton Parayko.

Last edited:

VancouverJagger

Not trying to fit in
Feb 26, 2017
Vancouver - Coal Harbour
So who do you think would do a true "hockey deal", "1-for-1ish" kind of trade with Miller?

To be honest, I'm struggling to come up with a name that really "fills" the need, and is likely to be available for Miller....

Matt Dumba jumps out, but Minnesota with that massive impending cap issue it may not be realistic. Tyler Myers could maybe figure out how to play with Quinn Hughes in time.

Maybe Seattle moves Jamie Oleksiak or Adam Larsson? I'd imagine the Flames would certainly move Tanev back. Maybe New Jersey is willing to do a Severson deal (although I think they focus more on futures if Severson is going). I think you could certainly get David Savard out of Montreal without trading JT Miller. Similarly, you could maybe take on a project like Phillippe Myers who doesn't seem to have worked out all that well in Nashville.

I know - I think the Canucks would be looking for more of a prospect then Dumba type player tbh. I tend to think it will be young players with maybe an older 3rd or 4th liner thrown in - not an established veteran on a high priced contract. I think they would be looking at a first plus prospect plus ? And the prospect will have to be a relatively high end one.

I would be very surprised if any of those names that you mentioned were involved in a deal for him - I really get the sense they are looking for youth here - not an established contract.

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
I know - I think the Canucks would be looking for more of a prospect then Dumba type player tbh. I tend to think it will be young players with maybe an older 3rd or 4th liner thrown in - not an established veteran on a high priced contract. I think they would be looking at a first plus prospect plus ? And the prospect will have to be a relatively high end one.

I would be very surprised if any of those names that you mentioned were involved in a deal for him - I really get the sense they are looking for youth here - not an established contract.

Completely agree with the bolded.

Teams who pursue prospects do just that --pursue prospects -- you don't fill immediate team needs with prospects. If you're shopping for prospects, you go for quality always as the #1 criteria. If you've got 2 prospects that you think have equivalent NHL upside, then MAYBE you take a prospect depth chart into account; but that really isn't the situation here.

The need to find Quinn Hughes a defensive partner does not at all intersect with getting picks/prospects for JT Miller. Maybe there's a "hockey trade" for Miller that brings back a guy who's a year or two younger than him, but I'm not really seeing it. The Isles aren't going to trade Pulock. The Canes aren't going to trade Pesce. The Panthers are not going to trade Weegar. Maybe the Kings would trade Matt Roy in the offseason???

To be honest, every miller trade thread is filled with Canucks fans saying "we want Schneider" or some other similar, right-hand shot, big-bodied, physical defenceman prospect to be "Hughes' partner for the next 10 years kind of idea"

As a Leaf fan, I can tell you for years since basically Luke Schenn left, we've fantasized about having "the ideal partner for Morgan Rielly". This isn't NHL22 where you need to have a PMD paired with a SHD, of similar ages, for many seasons on end. When you have a talent like Hughes, all you've gotta do is get a complimentary piece, and that piece doesn't necessarily need to come from the draft or be developed by the organization. Ron Hainsey was a great partner for Rielly. Cody Ceci & Tyson Barrie not so much. TJ Brodie has been a great partner for Rielly. Heck, I think Tyler Myers and Hughes might find their way together at some point, and really help "get value out of" the remaining life of Myers' deal.

GMs cannot and do not operate with the narrow-focus that so many Canucks fans have in these threads. If Miller's not a long term part of the plans, you cash out on him when his value is likely highest, get guys that can immediately begin to improve, raise their stock, start contributing at the NHL level... and in parallel, keep your ears out for an opportunity to fill long term needs with NHL players.

Last edited:

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
We aren't giving up either. Maybe some other team will be dumb enough to give you that kind of player, but it won't be the Rangers.

You guys can say that there's no deal without one of them however much you want, but if no other team is offering better than what the Rangers are, and the Rangers aren't including those guys, what are you going to do?
How is this any different than Rangers fans saying this player is off the table. No one actually knows who has been discussed or what/who is available. Comments like this disregard one fan bases opinion while presenting your own as a fact. Not really accurate either. It would be just as easy to reply
"Rangers fans can say player X, Y and Z are off the table......yada, yada, yada

Just because fans feel strongly one way or another doesn't mean it is fact.

Reactions: Cogburn

lakeshirts37

Jun 25, 2019
Here's my question to Canuck fans.

Is anyone else concerned about trading with the Rangers?

The Rangers have argueably the worst Scouting/drafting/Player Development in the whole league?

Do you really trust their players having potential? or were they just another bad NYR pick?

Who was the last player prospect that NYR drafted and developed that has done well? Buchenevich in 2013?

My point is I wouldnt be so eager to trade with the Rangers for their prospects.

LAffy
Kakko
Chytil
Lias Andersson
Kravstov
etc...

or at leats I wouldnt put such high value on them.

How about that guy JT Miller who apparently is worth more than Eichel?

lakeshirts37

Jun 25, 2019

He was for Eichel, why wouldn’t he be for JTM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad