Speculation: Official JT Miller Trade Thread II - NEW Update (1/25/22) - Rangers Interest "Next Level"

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Lmao stupidest thing I’ve ever heard. JT Miller then and now are two completely different players. Mind boggling stupidity
Ill agree that he's a different player now. but I wonder if he goes back to what he used to be if his role is reduced along with ice time.
I dont want him to get traded. I just acquired Miller in my dynasty league. I like him right where he is on VAN where he gives me everything I need including PP and PK time

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
Ill agree that he's a different player now. but I wonder if he goes back to what he used to be if his role is reduced along with ice time.
I dont want him to get traded. I just acquired Miller in my dynasty league. I like him right where he is on VAN where he gives me everything I need including PP and PK time
It definitely could be I agree. But saying you’ve already had a player when it was over 5 years ago and shouldn’t get him now is just nonsense

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
Just a thought for Rangers fans to think about.

Miller >> Strome and is much better suited to centering Panarin than Strome.

On PP1:

Panarin, Miller, Zib, Kreider, Fox >>>> Panarin, Strome, Zib, Kreider, Fox

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Just a thought for Rangers fans to think about.

Miller >> Strome and is much better suited to centering Panarin than Strome.

On PP1:

Panarin, Miller, Zib, Kreider, Fox >>>> Panarin, Strome, Zib, Kreider, Fox
As much shit as Strome gets, he has undeniable chemistry with Panarin and despite JTM being a better player, I’m not sure you’ll see an uptick in Panarins production.

nergish

Jun 1, 2019
The Flames should go all in with this guy

Don't know who Van would want from Calgary, though. Especially since they wouldn't really be able to pull from their current roster with everything going so well.

Coronato? Wolf (could be cool as Demmer's backup/mentee)? Late 1st?

Not sure I see a great fit on the Canuck's side.

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
As much shit as Strome gets, he has undeniable chemistry with Panarin and despite JTM being a better player, I’m not sure you’ll see an uptick in Panarins production.

I also don't think the Rangers are looking at Miller to be a Strome replacement. I think they look to him to either slot in as the 3C or as a RW on one of the top two lines.

Lafreniere-Mika-Kreider
Panarin-Strome-Miller

OR

Lafreniere-Mika-Kreider
Panarin-Strome-Kakko
Goodrow-Miller-Chytil

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
I also don't think the Rangers are looking at Miller to be a Strome replacement. I think they look to him to either slot in as the 3C or as a RW on one of the top two lines.

Lafreniere-Mika-Kreider
Panarin-Strome-Miller

OR

Lafreniere-Mika-Kreider
Panarin-Strome-Kakko
Goodrow-Miller-Chytil
There is no chance they pay the price for Miller and then make him a 3C. That would be typical, asinine Rangers to do that. I don't want to hear about spreading out the scoring either. You don't acquire a player for a premium with 164 points in his last 168 games and not make him a top-6 player, especially when that player is averaging 20+mins per game over that stretch. What will he get as a 3C with PP mins? 15-16? Nah.

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010

Lafreniere-Mika-Kreider
Panarin-Strome-Miller

OR

Lafreniere-Mika-Kreider
Panarin-Strome-Kakko
Goodrow-Miller-Chytil
Likely a waste to use him as 3c - we saw how he did in that role with the lightning. Injury insurance for the playoffs is a thing though.

However, he's a versatile player able to be effective in basically any top 9 forward role.

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
There is no chance they pay the price for Miller and then make him a 3C. That would be typical, asinine Rangers to do that. I don't want to hear about spreading out the scoring either. You don't acquire a player for a premium with 164 points in his last 168 games and not make him a top-6 player, especially when that player is averaging 20+mins per game over that stretch. What will he get as a 3C with PP mins? 15-16? Nah.
Regardless, if he becomes a Ranger it won't be to replace Strome.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Question to Rangers fans:

would you rather give up K'Andre Miller than Braden Schneider? We would prefer Schneider (hence the NYR needing to now add a 2nd round pick). Nils Lundqvist is a good young RHD, but we need some more size on our backend to better support QH43.

You need to give to get.

New trade would be:

to NYR:
JT Miller, Luke Schenn, 5th round pick

to VanCity:
K'Andre Miller, Vitali Kravtsov, 2022 1st Round pick + 2022 2nd round pick

The window to win in the new NHL is so short lived due to the salary cap. Chris Drury has a great team, and JT Miller would make it greater.

Neither available b'c short term quality add of JT not worth reducing compete window from 5-7 years to 2-3 yrs on gamble that could still not work.

We have a bit more depth at LD, but not enuf to deal anybody except maybe Jones, b'c he is a Fox-esque clone. RD huge no, need Schneid elc to replace Trouba asap.

We aren't giving up either. Maybe some other team will be dumb enough to give you that kind of player, but it won't be the Rangers.

You guys can say that there's no deal without one of them however much you want, but if no other team is offering better than what the Rangers are, and the Rangers aren't including those guys, what are you going to do?
this ^. Whether or not there should be any deal is another ?; if a deal is offered, nothing more than Jones + Strome + 1st + 2nd for Miller + two 3rds should be on the table.

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
Don't know who Van would want from Calgary, though. Especially since they wouldn't really be able to pull from their current roster with everything going so well.

Coronato? Wolf (could be cool as Demmer's backup/mentee)? Late 1st?

Not sure I see a great fit on the Canuck's side.
Other names that could be of interest (if andersson isn’t an option)… zary, Pelletier… maybe dube. What’s the deal with valamki this season? Has he regressed?

*we also have diepietro still marinating in the ahl so not sure Wolff is a need a this moment.

Last edited:

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Othmann, Lundqvist, and a 2022-1st

for

Miller at 50%

Would Vancouver accept this?

this is the type of proposal that at least makes sense...
Personally, I wouldn’t do it. But I’m terms of being realistic, it takes nothing off the existing roster that will be competing for the cup.
The only roster player that could potentially be involved imo would be chytil, and that likely only happens if the rangers want to get chytils cap hit off the team next season for millers at 50%.
In terms of cap hit finales, they are pretty much equal.
If chytil wasn’t in a van deal, he could possibly be used in a different deadline trade..

as far as miller or Schneider, neither are likely going anywhere at this point in time. Both are playing starting positions on the current team.
Miller is playing 20 min a night with trouba on 2nd pair, and since Schneider has come up, 3 rd pair hasn’t been a liability. He is also currently playing 20 min a night while Fox is injured, plus the fact that Schneider will make it possible to move Trouba’s cap hit earlier.
Miller-Schneider could very well wind up being the rangers 3/4 D pair in 1-2 years time for a very long time. Both are cheap, and their next contracts won’t break the bank.
If 1 of Miller/Schneider were to be dealt, expect a long term young 2C with the same type of control as the return... otherwise moving either of them makes no sense.
No team that wants to load up for the playoffs wants to weaken their roster in 1 place, to boost another. That’s dumb.. they want to add what they feel is the missing piece to their current roster..
That’s why 99 times out of a 100 these type of trades involve picks/ prospects from the farm going the other way.

Last edited:
Reactions: zcaptain
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad