Speculation: Official JT Miller Trade Thread II - NEW Update (1/25/22) - Rangers Interest "Next Level"

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

VancouverJagger

Not trying to fit in
Feb 26, 2017
Vancouver - Coal Harbour
Yeah I don't see the fit, if I'm being honest. But every single rumour monger is in agreement the Rangers and Canucks are talking, some of them being entirely independent of each other. I've said it a few times, where there's smoke, there's usually fire.

100% - there's been wayyyyy too much smoke around this for there not be something there.

I dunno I think the fit is very much there. Personally NYR is my preferred trading partner IF we can pry Schneider out of there - which regardless of what NYR's fans think is very much a possibility.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
100% - there's been wayyyyy too much smoke around this for there not be something there.

I dunno I think the fit is very much there. Personally NYR is my preferred trading partner IF we can pry Schneider out of there - which regardless of what NYR's fans think is very much a possibility.

Will something end up happening? Who knows. But there is something going on.

It's not the destination for me, it's the return. New York has the pieces, Toronto has the pieces, its whether anyone will make those pieces available.

VancouverJagger

Not trying to fit in
Feb 26, 2017
Vancouver - Coal Harbour
Will something end up happening? Who knows. But there is something going on.

It's not the destination for me, it's the return. New York has the pieces, Toronto has the pieces, its whether anyone will make those pieces available.

Yes agree.........The Canucks have the luxury to sit on him to at least the offseason and move him so there is no exact rush however I tend to think he is at max value now and would prefer he moves before this TDL.

Reactions: Cogburn and Fatass

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Yes agree.........The Canucks have the luxury to sit on him to at least the offseason and move him so there is no exact rush however I tend to think he is at max value now and would prefer he moves before this TDL.

...if we get what we need in return.

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
If we're getting Schneider and a 1st I don't see how we'd be getting Kravtsov as well. I just doesn't seem realistic to me. I think we'd have to take something lesser back as a 3rd piece, and maybe even give something along with Miller (Motte?).

Reactions: Fatass

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
If we're getting Schneider and a 1st I don't see how we'd be getting Kravtsov as well. I just doesn't seem realistic to me. I think we'd have to take something lesser back as a 3rd piece, and maybe even give something along with Miller (Motte?).

Maybe Canucks send Hoglander the other way...not advocating for that to happen but coach seems less than impressed by his all around game since taking over. Kid is young and needs time to develop at both ends of the ice but he tries hard.

New GM has no ties to Hoglander, would be silly to trade a cheap ELC though with our cap situation

lakeshirts37

Jun 25, 2019

It’s not a possibility.

Lenerdosy

Feb 23, 2015
This is a better package than Eichel got. Three first round picks? No thanks.
Difference is about 5 million in salary.... 5 million is a good 1st/2nd line extra player. I get your point but a 10 mill Eichel still hampers an 80 mill hard cap more than a 5 mill Miller. Plus Eichel demanded a trade essentially, had the unknown of surgery (Buffalo didn't want to let him have his choice of surgery).

zcaptain

Apr 4, 2012
So, as I have been thinking about all the bickering on here...........

It made me ponder exactly how the Rangers and Bruins would have handled the ............

Esposito and Vadnais ......for .........Ratelle and Park?

I bet that was a doozy!

Good thing there was no Internet!?

Last edited:

Pure Slaughter Value

Jun 6, 2002
New York
Visit site
Stop equating Kravtsov’ value to a 1st round pick, he’s not worth one.

Yeah, it's a little odd. As an Isles fan I totally understand that if we were to trade Oliver Wahlstrom today a first round pick wouldn't be on the table and he's a superior player to Kravtsov. He's actually contributed in a 3rd line role and hasn't whined about it.

Reactions: CaptainCanuck71

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Yeah, it's a little odd. As an Isles fan I totally understand that if we were to trade Oliver Wahlstrom today a first round pick wouldn't be on the table and he's a superior player to Kravtsov. He's actually contributed in a 3rd line role and hasn't whined about it.

I actually think Wahlstrom could probably land a late 1st from some team. Like you said, he’s actually contributing in an NHL role.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Schneider isn't on the table for the Rangers. If he was then a deal would be done. It isn't. The Rangers are in no rush or desperation, it is unlikely their offer changes. Vancouver is in no rush, they want to shop around.

Unless someone like Toronto comes in with a last day offer over the top I bet Miller just doesn't get traded and Vancouver re-visits the market in the offseason.

nergish

Jun 1, 2019
Schneider isn't on the table for the Rangers. If he was then a deal would be done. It isn't. The Rangers are in no rush or desperation, it is unlikely their offer changes. Vancouver is in no rush, they want to shop around.

Unless someone like Toronto comes in with a last day offer over the top I bet Miller just doesn't get traded and Vancouver re-visits the market in the offseason.

Schneider is the piece Van wants because he’s a RHD with size, but talk about overrating your own prospect.

It honestly reminds me of Bryan Allen being part of the Luongo trade back in the day… where’s the Bertuzzi in this deal?

Schneider is a great defender prospect but tracks as what - like 20 point Dman at most, not known for being an exceptional skater, and he’s 6’2 not 6’5… sounds like a slightly more projectable Jett Woo.

JT Miller is an impact player, Schneider needs to be part of the deal. Part. Of the deal.

or else no deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad