Speculation: Official JT Miller Trade Thread II - NEW Update (1/25/22) - Rangers Interest "Next Level"

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
If this is the best we can get, I think I'd be fine with it although Lundkvist isn't a good fit and Kravtsov has so many question marks.
I don't think its fair to say Lundkvist isn't a good fit. Players with his skill set are a fit on almost any team, he isn't a fit as a partner for Hughes, but with Schenn, Poolman and Myers as our top 3 RHD and Woo our only RHD prospect, there is no way you can say Lundkvist isn't a fit. I also get Sven Baertschi flashbacks with Kravtsov, and don't like the maturity level of the player, but there is some upside to the player as he is very skilled. But I agree with the question mark comment.

TheGortonConspiracy

Wow its a nice GM
May 2, 2017
NYC
I listened to the hit on the radio and it was never Miller, Schneider and Kravtsov. He has heard the offer included a 1st, Kravtsov and another asset. He also said that he has heard that Schneider and Miller aren't off the table, but if one was included it would diminish the rest of the return. Canucks fans are letting their imagination run a little wild, I think if the deal includes a Schneider type the rest of the package is much reduced - like a 2nd or Kravtsov not some collection of every name mentioned.
Well put.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Yeah but apparently your GM does.........and last I looked he's the one calling the shots.....

Yeah I don't see the fit, if I'm being honest. But every single rumour monger is in agreement the Rangers and Canucks are talking, some of them being entirely independent of each other. I've said it a few times, where there's smoke, there's usually fire.

Reactions: VancouverJagger

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Which he gives to Kravtsov once he returns and claims the #2C position.........right?
There was zero effin reason for them to not try and experiment w/Krav at pivot. Krav should not be undersold and Chytil is critical to the core as the more talented replacement for Strome. While Krav is here updating/rebuilding his value, I'm in favor of what chemistry works.

We take Kravstov and a 2nd or nothing apparently.
Not unreasonable for JTM in a vacuum, but still wrong call for NYR. We do not have a surplus of blue chip elcs, and other than maybe Jones none are truly expendable, and the consequences which hurt do not outweigh the cheap sugar high of a stupid win now add.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Here's my question to Canuck fans.

Is anyone else concerned about trading with the Rangers?

The Rangers have argueably the worst Scouting/drafting/Player Development in the whole league?

Do you really trust their players having potential? or were they just another bad NYR pick?

Who was the last player prospect that NYR drafted and developed that has done well? Buchenevich in 2013?

My point is I wouldnt be so eager to trade with the Rangers for their prospects.

LAffy
Kakko
Chytil
Lias Andersson
Kravstov
etc...

or at leats I wouldnt put such high value on them.

Reactions: Cogburn

FoxysExpensiveNYDigs

Boo Nieves Truther
Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Here's my question to Canuck fans.

Is anyone else concerned about trading with the Rangers?

The Rangers have argueably the worst Scouting/drafting/Player Development in the whole league?

Do you really trust their players having potential? or were they just another bad NYR pick?

Who was the last player prospect that NYR drafted and developed that has done well? Buchenevich in 2013?

My point is I wouldnt be so eager to trade with the Rangers for their prospects.

LAffy
Kakko
Chytil
Lias Andersson
Kravstov
etc...

or at leats I wouldnt put such high value on them.
That Igor Shesterkin guy is pretty good.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
There was zero effin reason for them to not try and experiment w/Krav at pivot. Krav should not be undersold and Chytil is critical to the core as the more talented replacement for Strome. While Krav is here updating/rebuilding his value, I'm in favor of what chemistry works.

Not unreasonable for JTM in a vacuum, but still wrong call for NYR. We do not have a surplus of blue chip elcs, and other than maybe Jones none are truly expendable, and the consequences which hurt do not outweigh the cheap sugar high of a stupid win now add.

its actually unreasonable for a proven 28 year old 1st line NHL center that is the best forward for the Canucks right now. Would you trade zibanejad for Rathbone?

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
We take Kravstov and a 2nd or nothing apparently.
A disgruntled russian reject prospect and a 2nd and some NYR fans think thats reasonable. Guess Canucks could trade Tryamkin and 2nd for Zibanejad. I think HFboard over values marginal prospects to a ridiculous amount. Imagine what Canucks would get for Juolevi 3 years ago? Maybe a Giroux by a NYR fan logic.

orbiter11

Sep 11, 2014
HI just wondering. I don't believe there is a viable RD upgrade available for Toronto, so I think the only trade target would be JT miller at 50 %. The leafs lack a top line left wing, and also lack the tenacity, and forecheck that Miller brings to a team. Plus hes singed the extra year, which is about the timeframe we have for a cup run, before contracts start to expire (Matthews etc). It would also allow players like Kerfoot to center our 4th line. Just wondering if this proposal would be considered or not.

Ritchie
1st 2022
Amirov

Miller 50%

BPD

Jul 7, 2009
New York City
A disgruntled russian reject prospect and a 2nd and some NYR fans think thats reasonable. Guess Canucks could trade Tryamkin and 2nd for Zibanejad. I think HFboard over values marginal prospects to a ridiculous amount. Imagine what Canucks would get for Juolevi 3 years ago? Maybe a Giroux by a NYR fan logic.

I feel like every time we see a good player on the block, we have to have the exact same conversation about how top prospects literally never get traded in these deals with the same people acting all butthurt about being called out on it.

Jack Eichel - a player with far more term (and to be fair, far more cap hit) and who is undeniably a far better player than JT Miller just pulled a mid-six wing, a 1st, and underperforming mid-1st round pick and a 3rd. Every single one of these decently big name trades all end up the exact same way - a mid six player, a 1st, and a prospect worth taking a flyer on. Eichel landed that way, Karlsson landed that way, Rick Nash landed that way (though he got two roster players in lieu of the prospect), O'Reilly landed that way...why believe this will be different? The package the Rangers offered the Canucks is probably something like Chytil, Kravtsov, 1st - and it probably isn't getting much better.

Reactions: Rangers ftw

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
HI just wondering. I don't believe there is a viable RD upgrade available for Toronto, so I think the only trade target would be JT miller at 50 %. The leafs lack a top line left wing, and also lack the tenacity, and forecheck that Miller brings to a team. Plus hes singed the extra year, which is about the timeframe we have for a cup run, before contracts start to expire (Matthews etc). It would also allow players like Kerfoot to center our 4th line. Just wondering if this proposal would be considered or not.

Ritchie
1st 2022
Amirov

Miller 50%

You're one good piece away from being considered. We also aren't short on wingers either, with Pearson, Hoglander, Podkolzin, Dickinson, Pettersson and Klimovic all being able to play, or potentially play, a top LW role. Liljegren was mentioned in the other thread (not as an inclusion with this exact trade), but if Amirov+1st is the main return, Knies would be who I'd push for as the third piece.

orbiter11

Sep 11, 2014
You're one good piece away from being considered. We also aren't short on wingers either, with Pearson, Hoglander, Podkolzin, Dickinson, Pettersson and Klimovic all being able to play, or potentially play, a top LW role. Liljegren was mentioned in the other thread (not as an inclusion with this exact trade), but if Amirov+1st is the main return, Knies would be who I'd push for as the third piece.
Yea it probably would take the 3rd piece to beat out contenders for Miller. Yea a 1st, Liljegren Knies would probably be fair. We would miss Liljegren.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Yea it probably would take the 3rd piece to beat out contenders for Miller. Yea a 1st, Liljegren Knies would probably be fair. We would miss Liljegren.

I see him doing well, but he's also the top end young RHD on the Leafs depth chart at the moment. I don't see the Leafs surrendering any more than that offer, and if that ended up being the return, I couldn't really complain, but it's all about getting the best value and fit. Liljegren and Knies hit fit home, but if a Schneider/Miller+Chytl/Kravtsov+1st or something comes to pass, we'd really need to look at who's prospects will fit best.

orbiter11

Sep 11, 2014
Yea if the Rangers pony up you got to take it. But I was big on Schneider as a leafs fan , and I think thats what might be holding this up. Well probably just go after Luke Schenn as reported and hold pat. Maybe a second rounder.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
I feel like every time we see a good player on the block, we have to have the exact same conversation about how top prospects literally never get traded in these deals with the same people acting all butthurt about being called out on it.

Jack Eichel - a player with far more term (and to be fair, far more cap hit) and who is undeniably a far better player than JT Miller just pulled a mid-six wing, a 1st, and underperforming mid-1st round pick and a 3rd. Every single one of these decently big name trades all end up the exact same way - a mid six player, a 1st, and a prospect worth taking a flyer on. Eichel landed that way, Karlsson landed that way, Rick Nash landed that way (though he got two roster players in lieu of the prospect), O'Reilly landed that way...why believe this will be different? The package the Rangers offered the Canucks is probably something like Chytil, Kravtsov, 1st - and it probably isn't getting much better.
All are different than a healthy 28 year old Miller with term and playing in his prime and having the best season.

Eichel had major injury, still unknown to perform like he was performing before that injury, has a 10 million dollar cap and didnt want to sign with Sabres. Had a poor season in 2020-2021.

Karlsson signed to a 100 year 11 million contract and Ottawa wanted to rebuild so they had to move him and nkt many team can fit his cap hit or want to especially with his term and now look at him on SJ. SJ needs to give up multiple picks just to trade him.

You keep saying big names and taking things out of context. I bet next you will bring 50 year old Joe Thorntons name and say why he gets low return and compare it to Miller. Miller has the best contract with term still young and a top scorer for the Canucks while being 100% healthy, physical and an ironman in terms of injuries. Name me someone like that which is available now? Also JR is listening but that doesnt mean he will trade him for peanuts. Would other teams trade their beat players for Peanuts because of Eichel trade? Its not simple like that at all, you need to factor other things before saying big names get peanuts in trades as I can easily cite examples of big names getting big hauls too.

Reactions: Cogburn

Ita

Mar 11, 2019

Jack Eichel - a player with far more term (and to be fair, far more cap hit) and who is undeniably a far better player than JT Miller just pulled a mid-six wing, a 1st, and underperforming mid-1st round pick and a 3rd.

I like how you conveniently ignored that Vegas was trading for an injured disgruntled Eichel before his surgery. There is also no guarantee that even when he is fully recovering from his surgery, his performance would be the same as before. No one is certain of what will happen if gets injured again. Isn't that kind of a big deal and something that would dramatically affect his value? This is not to mention his $10M cap hit and very few teams have the cap room to take him on.

Yes, most people are aware that Eichel is a better player and should get a better return than Miller. However to have a balanced discussion, at least mention his injuries.. They are kind of a big deal.

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
I like how you conveniently ignored that Vegas was trading for an injured disgruntled Eichel before his surgery. There is also no guarantee that even when he is fully recovering from his surgery, his performance would be the same as before. No one is certain of what will happen if gets injured again. Isn't that kind of a big deal and something that would dramatically affect his value? This is not to mention his $10M cap hit and very few teams have the cap room to take him on.

Yes, most people are aware that Eichel is a better player and should get a better return than Miller. However to have a balanced discussion, at least mention his injuries.. They are kind of a big deal.
Dont forget that Vegas needs to cap juggle and will need to pay assets to clear the cap for Eichel in the offseason. This technically adds to what they paid to acquire him.

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
This. No need to add Miller or Hertl or Pavelski THIS YEAR. Keep the kids and keep the plan going.

I think that is what former GM Jeff Gorton wanted to do and he got canned, is the NYR owner the same as the Knicks? If yes, doesn't he have a larger than life ego!?

I could be totally wrong tho!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad