Speculation: Official JT Miller Trade Thread II - NEW Update (1/25/22) - Rangers Interest "Next Level"

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Based off that, Arizona should want Schneider.
I meant it more like as a joke over Chychrun. (potentially available) But I watched it again and only caught the 6 the first time without the second number. It was Mayo and Stralman I think.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
... Lundqvist, Kravstov(prefer 2023 2nd over him any day), Chytil and a 2022 1st is close in value....

When did the NHL become the NBA?
When has any player brought back ~ 4 recent 1st's?
and why is that fair value?

to me, where "close in value" may actually be, is no more 2 of those pieces plus maybe a lesser sweetener

I like JT, liked him as NYR,
i don't believe he actually will rejoin NYR

but he is just a very good player having his best year,
not generational talent or even a perennial all-star
and he can walk in a year

IF that is fair value in today's market, i pray my team aims lower to supplement their roster

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
When did the NHL become the NBA?
When has any player brought back ~ 4 recent 1st's?
and why is that fair value?

to me, where "close in value" may actually be, is no more 2 of those pieces plus maybe a lesser sweetener

I like JT, liked him as NYR,
i don't believe he actually will rejoin NYR

but he is just a very good player having his best year,
not generational talent or even a perennial all-star
and he can walk in a year

IF that is fair value in today's market, i pray my team aims lower to supplement their roster
Referring to Kravtsov and Chytil as recent 1sts, while technically true, deliberately obscures and exaggerates their value.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Referring to Kravtsov and Chytil as recent 1sts, while technically true, deliberately obscures and exaggerates their value.

Chytil on his own maps very similar to Miller
Chytil 224 GP 38-44-82 thru age 22
JTMiller 196 GP 37-39-76 thru age 23

and if a team doesn't understand Kravtsov's value and skills, it should not be trading for him

Q: if they're of such limited value, why would your team want to add them?
A: because that ain't actually so

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015

and if a team doesn't understand Kravtsov's value and skills, it should not be trading for him

It isn't a matter of understanding his value and skill, it is the red flags. NHL or bust. Any team trading for him must make room for him, or watch him play in the KHL. That's a hard ask for a player that is coming up on 4 years removed from his draft and couldn't Crack the line up. 4 pts in 20 games doesn't scream NHL ready. He isn't lighting up the KHL either with 13 pts in 19 games.

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014

This is all just more standard HF trade thread sophistry where you only list the characteristics of assets that imply they have a lot of value, however vague those characteristics might be, and avoid any real description of them otherwise.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
I meant it more like as a joke over Chychrun. (potentially available) But I watched it again and only caught the 6 the first time without the second number. It was Mayo and Stralman I think.
That’s was Kreider-esque

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
This is all just more standard HF trade thread sophistry where you only list the characteristics of assets that imply they have a lot of value, however vague those characteristics might be, and avoid any real description of them otherwise.

also "standard HF trade thread sophistry" to immediately devalue what you disagree with

anyway we'll see how this plays out
just my opinion, but
- I don't expect NYR to reacquire Miler, and
- if he's traded, i expect the value to be closer to what high-end rentals return (a first plus a useful asset or 2) (maybe a bit more w UFA not til '23) than what Eichel returned

Reactions: Fisticuffer

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Good thought process, but chytil and Gauthier do not make a replacement for Lundqvist, chytil and Gauthier probably have about a 3rd rounder value in a trade. Maybe late 2nd. Lundqvist is still seen as being a 1st in value for a trade.
I still think Lundqvist, Kravstov(prefer 2023 2nd over him any day), Chytil and a 2022 1st is close in value, and what the offer likely is.
Gauthier def has lower value as opposed to chytil.
Chytil is in a similar position to miller was before breaking out stats wise. He’s still only 22 and has had very little AHL time since joint the rangers at 18.
Chytil still has a lot more to give/develop, I wouldn’t be surprised if by 24-25 he busts out into a 55-60 pt player if given top 6 min and situations.
I just don’t think waiting that long will be in the NYR timeframe.
I see him as a logical trade piece for a more “ now” ready player.
We’ve all seen highlight reel excellent play from chytil, last season he was playing better then Zibby for an 18 or so game stretch before his wrist injury/covid, he just hasn’t found a way to consistently produce yet..... it hasn’t all clicked for him yet.
His last recent run he looked really good for 4-5 games with panarin/strome putting up 4 points and could have had more, Gallant puts him back at 3C, and he can’t maintain his consistent play... it’s been a rocky up and down last 2 seasons with him..
You see the skill/size/speed and talent, and he teases you for a bit with it, but he can’t seem to break thru yet consistently.
That’s why I think NYR isn’t going to wait much longer before moving him...

Last edited:

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Chytil is in a similar position to miller was before breaking out stats wise. He’s still only 22 and has had very little AHL time since joint the rangers at 18.
Chytil still has a lot more to give/develop, I wouldn’t be surprised if by 24-25 he busts out into a 55-60 pt player if given top 6 min and situations.
I see him as a logical trade piece for a more “ now” ready player
They need to take him away from Center like they did with Miller. It was the best thing for him to grow his game. I don't think Gauthier is on the team next season, unless we see a big second half improvement for him. He's a fast, strong skater and provides nothing else.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
They need to take him away from Center like they did with Miller. It was the best thing for him to grow his game. I don't think Gauthier is on the team next season, unless we see a big second half improvement for him. He's a fast, strong skater and provides nothing else.

It’s very likely imo that all of Gauthier/Chytil/and Rooney aren’t going to be rangers to start next season...
Barron will have a permanent spot, Blais will be back, and we’ll likely add 1-2 guys.
I’d love Rooney back, but at 29 having just got married and having his best season of his career, someone will give him more term/cap then we can afford to give a 4C.
This will likely be the biggest most substantial professional contract of his career coming up....

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
I see him as a logical trade piece for a more “ now” ready player.
We’ve all seen highlight reel excellent play from chytil, last season he was playing better then Zibby for an 18 or so game stretch before his wrist injury/covid, he just hasn’t found a way to consistently produce yet..... it hasn’t all clicked for him yet.
His last recent run he looked really good for 4-5 games with panarin/strome putting up 4 points and could have had more, Gallant puts him back at 3C, and he can’t maintain his consistent play... it’s been a rocky up and down last 2 seasons with him..
You see the skill/size/speed and talent, and he teases you for a bit with it, but he can’t seem to break thru yet consistently.
That’s why I think NYR isn’t going to wait much longer before moving him...
Chytil may be in a similar situation, but he isn't guaranteed to turn out like Miller did. Miller is the exception, not the rule. Chytil has the same value as Miller did when traded, a late 2nd and C prospect.

M2Beezy

Love ya Grubster
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Why did you sneak in the 2023 first here and not the 2022? Is it because NY are having a decent year and you're banking on Igor not being able to carry the team next season?
Not sure who Igor is but 2023 will be a deeper draft

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
Bahahaha and if it included two of schnedier,othman/laf and a first round pick Miller would already be here. Bahahaha
Aweee cute mocking me! Doesn’t make you any more right lmao. You have zero clue about any package discussion they’ve had. Schneider, Othman+ 1st for Miller @50% very well could be the package. Stop talking as if you have a clue what the discussions are.

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
This. No need to add Miller or Hertl or Pavelski THIS YEAR. Keep the kids and keep the plan going.
The East is loaded this year, the 8 playoff teams are all very strong. It's entirely possible the Rangers slip to a wild card and get bounced in the first round, even with JT Miller.
I'd still go for it though, there is no guarantee that they will have a better shot next year or the year after. I have to assume the ISlanders bounce back, and Detroit/Ottawa have a lot of key pieces coming together.

Contending windows are usually far shorter than people would like.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad