Speculation: Official JT Miller Trade Thread II - NEW Update (1/25/22) - Rangers Interest "Next Level"

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Probably kratsov a 1st and a roster player.

I’m ok, just need to reach out to his agent and see if he’s willing to commit to Vancouver.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018

Here is a snippet of the interview.

Canucks fans are getting way ahead of their skis over this non specific report that’s bereft of details.

Kravtsov is the only name he mentions definitively. And if he knows Kratsov, why does he not know other details. Does this suggest Kravtsov was the biggest piece? Notice how he also said Vancouver put a pin in this to wait for better offers. If there was a Schneider involved, would they really do that?

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
a late 1st, a russian prospect that is not in North America and the 2nd prize to Schneider? I mean Lunkdkvist is fine but remove that 1st and Kravatsov and replace it with Schneider so JR thinks about it real hard.

schneider is playing 20 min a night in fox’s injury absence and looking like a seasoned Vet doing it...
Why would they trade him going into the playoffs if he’s part of the team that gets them there???
If there’s a deal for miller, Schneider/LaF/kakko won’t be included....

odds are your looking at some type of
Lundkvist+ 1st ( late)+ kravtsov ( not helping the current team play, nor will he be this season)
The only 2 roster players I see potentially going back are Gauthier/chytil, because that’s likely the spot Miller would take
Realistically
It looks like
Chytil or Gauthier or Lundkvist + kravtsov + 1st
And Canucks may be retaining or possibly a 3rd team, for next season mainly.

99 times out of a 100 no team is going to weaken themselves at 1 position, to bolster another. We’ve seen this countless times as NYR fans. Usually these type of trades are almost exclusively futures plus a roster player moved for cap( mostly).
Rick Nash, Marty St Louis, Ryan McDonaugh etc other teams as well, Jeff Carter all of the Carolina adds over the years, etc etc etc the list goes on and on.
its just not really logical or realistic that NYR is going to give up 7-10 years of core contributors LaF/kakko/schneider for 2 playoffs runs of miller.
Schneider is literally the only piece we have that makes moving Trouba and his 8 mill cap hit sooner then the length of his contract.

Last edited:

Pure Slaughter Value

Jun 6, 2002
New York
Visit site
you guys are the ones who are obsessed with our prospects. most of us dont care about jt miller.

Which is odd because he'd easily be the third or fourth best forward on the team and with the best contract, the only one that's easily movable if you wanted to.

You'll wind up paying Strome the same for less or putting in a completely inferior player to Strome in Chytil as 2nd line center.

But I get it, it's perfectly fine to wait for all the kids to blossom as Zibajenad, Panarin and Kreider enter their 30's. I'm sure Drury and Dolan feel the same way. They probably feel all the kids are a lock to replace what the three vets do so the contention window is until 2032.

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
Besides Canucks fans and 40% of our fanbase does anyone actually believe the Rangers are anything other than pretenders?

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
schneider is playing 20 min a night in fox’s injury absence and looking like a seasoned Vet doing it...
Why would they trade him going into the playoffs if he’s part of the team that gets them there???
If there’s a deal for miller, Schneider/LaF/kakko won’t be included....

odds are your looking at some type of
Lundkvist+ 1st ( late)+ kravtsov ( not helping the current team play, nor will he be this season)
The only 2 roster players I see potentially going back are Gauthier/chytil, because that’s likely the spot Miller would take
Realistically
It looks like
Chytil or Gauthier or Lundkvist + kravtsov + 1st
And Canucks may be retaining or possibly a 3rd team, for next season mainly.

99 times out of a 100 no team is going to weaken themselves at 1 position, to bolster another. We’ve seen this countless times as NYR fans. Usually these type of trades are almost exclusively futures plus a roster player moved for cap( mostly).
Rick Nash, Marty St Louis, Ryan McDonaugh etc other teams as well, Jeff Carter all of the Carolina adds over the years, etc etc etc the list goes on and on.
its just not really logical or realistic that NYR is going to give up 7-10 years of core contributors LaF/kakko/schneider for 2 playoffs runs of miller.
Schneider is literally the only piece we have that makes moving Trouba and his 8 mill cap hit sooner then the length of his contract.
Good thought process, but chytil and Gauthier do not make a replacement for Lundqvist, chytil and Gauthier probably have about a 3rd rounder value in a trade. Maybe late 2nd. Lundqvist is still seen as being a 1st in value for a trade.
I still think Lundqvist, Kravstov(prefer 2023 2nd over him any day), Chytil and a 2022 1st is close in value, and what the offer likely is.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Schnieder, 2023 1st, 2022 2nd and Chytil for Miller (20% retained) and Chaisson

Works good for BOTH teams
Why did you sneak in the 2023 first here and not the 2022? Is it because NY are having a decent year and you're banking on Igor not being able to carry the team next season?

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
I just can’t see Miller getting an Eichel offer. I know fans want it, I would too. But I can’t see it. Is Vancouver signing him in a year and change? He will get a solid prospect or two and a 1st, though. Kravtsov and Lundkvist are at least B+ caliber prospects, no slouches. And for the guy who compared this to Zibanejad, seriously? This guy has like 8 years left and is locked up. Miller isn’t. There’s a clear difference.

Reactions: Ninjadude and cwede
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad