Speculation: Official JT Miller Trade Thread II - NEW Update (1/25/22) - Rangers Interest "Next Level"

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
So Miller, Schneider and Kravtsov for Miller at 50% retained (presumably)?

If Kakko and LaFreniere are off the table, that could be worse.

Miller/Schneider, Kravtsov and another asset is less appealing.
I would shit myself if we actually got this for Miller

Reactions: bh53

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Is he reliable at all? If he is, then wouldn't that make it "realistic"?

I just want to fleece someone. We f***ing deserve it after 8 years of the worst gm in nhl history.

I've not read anything he's broke, nor any predictions that ended up being accurate that weren't pulled from someone else.

Two highly regarded D prospects and what would be a good forward prospect if there was any hope he'd return to North America.

I'm trying to temper expectations, but I can't take a clear loss for a prime asset as one of our first moves. My faith in this organization is too fragile.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
I've not read anything he's broke, nor any predictions that ended up being accurate that weren't pulled from someone else.

Two highly regarded D prospects and what would be a good forward prospect if there was any hope he'd return to North America.

I'm trying to temper expectations, but I can't take a clear loss for a prime asset as one of our first moves. My faith in this organization is too fragile.
Wait. You don't like the package of Miller, Schneider, Kravtsov? I think that package would be amazing...

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Wait. You don't like the package of Miller, Schneider, Kravtsov? I think that package would be amazing...

No, no, that would be amazing, both in terms of need and value. I doubt New York would want to do that though. Schneider alone has been considered too much by some fans.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
So Miller, Schneider and Kravtsov for Miller at 50% retained (presumably)?

If Kakko and LaFreniere are off the table, that could be worse.

Miller/Schneider, Kravtsov and another asset is less appealing.
Uhhh that trade wouldn’t even go through in NHL 22. Sounds like a rumor made up to incite 2 fan bases.

Reactions: Circus86 and Tob

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Uhhh that trade wouldn’t even go through in NHL 22. Sounds like a rumor made up to incite 2 fan bases.

No one believes it would.

I'm going by a notoriously iffy reporters vague recounting of what he heard.

It's what he heard "might" be included and I have to imagine it's either or on the D, and that it's "more than two pieces".

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
No one believes it would.

I'm going by a notoriously iffy reporters vague recounting of what he heard.

It's what he heard "might" be included and I have to imagine it's either or on the D, and that it's "more than two pieces".
Sounds great for us though, that would fix a lot of problems we have.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Someone should plug it in and see how the AI responds

Like on here, those NHL games always seem to value prospects as though their highest ceiling is their absolute floor, until they hit age 25 or so. I think I know where this site gets that from, even if they won't admit it.

zcaptain

Apr 4, 2012
NO, THEY CANNOT CLEAR CAP.
What you typed is an assumption not based on fact.
As I have explained repeatedly, not only is the $ aspect of the cap a problem in terms of needing room, in terms of flexbility, other than maybe Goodrow, we do not have anybody besides Lindgren who we can trade.

Berm, I get your POV...........you want to keep your young players..........I have no problem with your position on that.......
I even get you don't want to sacrifice the future for the present........you would make a great GM

But, you are far too certain, any trade to the Rangers will not happen, regardless of Cap hit, or the players involved...........

If other GM's felt the same way as you...........well, certainly Vegas would not have obtained Eichel or Pietrangelo (in separate deals)
nor the countless, other deals where cap had to move in separate deals to clear cap. It is ridiculous to state so, and is only said to feed your own
narrative.

You fail to explain, all the rumors out there, spoken by semi-credible sources that are far closer to the grape vine than you. Consider that NYR, "might" have just phoned about the possibility, and nothing more. Well that says that the NYR would consider the idea, "IF" the deal would work with what they wanted to achieve.

Simply yelling the loudest or continually repeating the same chant, does not make it so. Consider the possibility, and state your concerns and wishes, and I get it. But you saying so, should not derail a thread.

Like I said at the beginning, I get you wanting to keep your prospects, but I do not understand wasting 2 good years of your veterans youth, or not wanting to take a serious run at the cup. You have a top 10 team, with a legitimate chance at the cup! I would love to trade spots with you.

zcaptain

Apr 4, 2012
I don't really either, but it says he was part of a few offers.

Well, and this is the point Berm does not seem to understand. maybe he is right about Miller, but his argument is predicated around that the Rangers won't and can't make any trades, which totally derails his Miller argument if they have offered up Kravtsov for anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad