Speculation: Official JT Miller Trade Thread II - NEW Update (1/25/22) - Rangers Interest "Next Level"

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
I'm skeptical about this idea. 1 less playoff run for a contender is huge.

The potential to re-sign Miller to an extension in the offseason could open up a lot more teams than just contenders at this deadline. Kravtsov, Lundkvist and a late 1st isn’t anything to get excited about anyway. That’s trading him for the sake of trading him.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Well, and this is the point Berm does not seem to understand. maybe he is right about Miller, but his argument is predicated around that the Rangers won't and can't make any trades, which totally derails his Miller argument if they have offered up Kravtsov for anyone.

I'm of the opinion of where there is smoke, there is fire. I don't think Pagniotta is reputable, but those names didn't come out of thin air, even if it's idol speculation. Schneider is someone we fans covet, Miller is another guy that could be a good fit if we trim the fat a little, and I can see New York offering Kratsov in a package to get some value for him. More then two pieces was the other gem there, which...I mean it almost doesn't need to be said. We're not finding a one-for-one trade, and Miller is worth more than a single prospect, with obvious exceptions being off the table, and a pick. I don't know how much of it was really "news" and not a logical progression of reasonable speculation. It's not gospel, and I don't disagree with anyone that disagrees with it, but I can follow the logic Pags used, even if I'm not thinking he released some hidden knowledge.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
After his latest goal, his price has somehow gone up even more.

Sorry Rags fans

Kakko, Lafreniere and Fox for Miller and all the cap dumps! Byram and MacKinnon for Miller! The whole city of Toronto or Boston!

Nah, this seems like a pretty normal game for Miller. I need him to shoot more and block a few shots for my fantasy pool though...

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
I think most would agree to the first two. If that’s the case, it comes down to lundkvist or Schneider. Gonna be interesting to watch!

If it helps, Vancouver probably could retain a little, or add Motte.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
I'm of the opinion of where there is smoke, there is fire. I don't think Pagniotta is reputable, but those names didn't come out of thin air, even if it's idol speculation. Schneider is someone we fans covet, Miller is another guy that could be a good fit if we trim the fat a little, and I can see New York offering Kratsov in a package to get some value for him. More then two pieces was the other gem there, which...I mean it almost doesn't need to be said. We're not finding a one-for-one trade, and Miller is worth more than a single prospect, with obvious exceptions being off the table, and a pick. I don't know how much of it was really "news" and not a logical progression of reasonable speculation. It's not gospel, and I don't disagree with anyone that disagrees with it, but I can follow the logic Pags used, even if I'm not thinking he released some hidden knowledge.

It seems fishy. He has this info but not more details? It doesn’t make sense.

Reactions: Cogburn

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
It seems fishy. He has this info but not more details? It doesn’t make sense.

Seems deliberately vague, I agree. I'm far from a booster, but I think rather than it being a breaking news situation, we worked from the back, thought out what has to be off limits for the Rangers and what the Canucks would otherwise need, and just used logic this time.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Don’t want Kratsov

wouldn't mind him actually, but first we need to reach out to his agency to know what happened with him and the Rangers and if he's willing to give Vancouver a chance to work his way into the line up like Podkolzin etc etc.

BWJM

Sponsor
Mar 16, 2011
I wouldn't do a deal unless Schneider is in the mix.

zcaptain

Apr 4, 2012
What makes me laugh about those NY Ranger fans is that their GM is Chris Drury who played in the NHL for 13 years and won 1 Stanley Cup, and he knows how hard it is just to get in contention. he knows how hard it is to climb the mountain, and how rare it is to get to the top.

He will use all he has (within reason) to get a chance to get there again, especially when the majority of his core is getting older. 2 swipes at it with a solid core is worth the risk. IMHO.....

What ever he thinks that might be.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Guarantee Drury offered 1st+Kravtsov+Lundkvist.
a late 1st, a russian prospect that is not in North America and the 2nd prize to Schneider? I mean Lunkdkvist is fine but remove that 1st and Kravatsov and replace it with Schneider so JR thinks about it real hard.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
What makes me laugh about those NY Ranger fans is that their GM is Chris Drury who played in the NHL for 13 years and won 1 Stanley Cup, and he knows how hard it is just to get in contention. he knows how hard it is to climb the mountain, and how rare it is to get to the top.

He will use all he has (within reason) to get a chance to get there again, especially when the majority of his core is getting older. 2 swipes at it with a solid core is worth the risk. IMHO.....

What ever he thinks that might be.
And this is where Canucks need to take advantage and take Drury to cleaners and ask for high premium for their best player.

zcaptain

Apr 4, 2012
I want Schneider and Lunkvist or Othman straight up for Miller. NYR could keep the picks, Canucks need multiple prospects now

"IF" I were king, I would Move Miller for Schneider, Chytil, and a 1st, and then at the draft I use the 1st along with our 1st to try and get Jiricek or Nemec

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
I like Canada. And really get along well with Canadian People in Every Which way. Worked with many too. But alas - Every Superman has its kryptonite and discussing with devoted hockey fans from north of the border is the no go zone where one should never tread. I really doubt the dropped intel that JT goes back to NYC (smoke and mirrors) and if he does the package will never be as advertised by some very wishful thinkers here.

zcaptain

Apr 4, 2012
I like Canada. And really get along well with Canadian People in Every Which way. Worked with many too. But alas - Every Superman has its kryptonite and discussing with devoted hockey fans from north of the border is the no go zone where one should never tread. I really doubt the dropped intel that JT goes back to NYC (smoke and mirrors) and if he does the package will never be as advertised by some very wishful thinkers here.

i don't know mate, where I stand, we are all just giving opinions, and the return if any, could be 180's from where we think it is. I mean, who the hell knows? It is all speculation at best. Any GM will hold all the info close to his vest, as he could get penalized for tampering.........

But it is fun, isn't it?

jd22

Aug 16, 2008
Texel, Netherlands
scrolling through these proposals is insanely entertaining. my goodness you nucks fans are delusional.

Some of the Canucks fans, yes.

But there is also a running joke now. Obviously he's not worth 5 1st's or three top prospects and two firsts. At this point it's just low key trolling from both sides.

Reactions: zcaptain
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad