Speculation: Official JT Miller Trade Thread II - NEW Update (1/25/22) - Rangers Interest "Next Level"

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
The East is loaded this year, the 8 playoff teams are all very strong. It's entirely possible the Rangers slip to a wild card and get bounced in the first round, even with JT Miller.
I'd still go for it though, there is no guarantee that they will have a better shot next year or the year after. I have to assume the ISlanders bounce back, and Detroit/Ottawa have a lot of key pieces coming together.

Contending windows are usually far shorter than people would like.
This. TBL, Panthers, Canes, etc are all going to be top teams for years to come. Same with plenty of other teams. If you don't try and compete now, may as well rebuild again and wait for the others to age themselves out.

Rangers have Elite forwards, Norris Level defenseman, and vezina caliber goalie. You time is now, and for the next 5 years. Need to go for it, players don't want to wait for young guys to be ready.

Reactions: zcaptain

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
I like Canada. And really get along well with Canadian People in Every Which way. Worked with many too. But alas - Every Superman has its kryptonite and discussing with devoted hockey fans from north of the border is the no go zone where one should never tread. I really doubt the dropped intel that JT goes back to NYC (smoke and mirrors) and if he does the package will never be as advertised by some very wishful thinkers here.

Sorry to burst your bubble, Superman is also Canadian because the artist who drew him is Canadian.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Glad to see this is going just like the Eichel to Rangers talks

Almost all reasonable posters bailed out a while ago, the pissing match will continue, then Miller won't get traded sooner rather than later (offseason) and he will get traded to another team than the Rangers for less than what was being asked of from the Rangers

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
This has become more of a pissing match. In many cases we can agree to disagree.

Ranger fans don’t want to give up Schneider…. Canuck fans want him. Cool, so let’s argue back and forth as why each fanbase is wrong? Same-ish names are being thrown out there. Time will tell.

we can all reasonably say Schneider is good… can understand why both fan bases want him. Same goes for miller, if a team can get him for a package that is more expendible then obviously it’s a no-brainer. Most deals can sting a little on both ends. Let’s see how this all plays out.

Last edited:

MrAlmost

Beer league hero.
Jun 3, 2010
Sorry to burst your bubble, Superman is also Canadian because the artist who drew him is Canadian.

Jewish-Canadian-American. And the writer was Jewish-American. So...if anything he is Jewish. Haha

Reactions: Cogburn

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
So your thinking this Igor goalie will or will not do better in 2022-23?? Not sure what that has to do with the proposal bub
No, I was asking if you want the 2023 because you think it'll be much higher than the 2022, since the current NYR are last in Corsi, being bailed out constantly by Igor.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
No, hes not.

He wasn't for Eichel, he won't be for Miller
Is he also untoucheable for McDavid too? either the rumors are BS or NYR think Scneider is the next Bobby Orr to not trade him for Eichel. Its actually a big mistake on NYR side if true

TheGortonConspiracy

Wow its a nice GM
May 2, 2017
NYC
Canucks fans really not understanding how this works.

What we know: Rumored to be 3 pieces, Canucks are sitting on the offer.

If Schneider and a 1st + prospect previously selected in the 1st round was the offer, the trade would have already been made. Wake up

Reactions: Twine Tickler

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
Is he also untoucheable for McDavid too? either the rumors are BS or NYR think Scneider is the next Bobby Orr to not trade him for Eichel. Its actually a big mistake on NYR side if true

Well rumours are NYR and VAN both had him rated as a top 10 pick so is it?

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Probably kratsov a 1st and a roster player.

I’m ok, just need to reach out to his agent and see if he’s willing to commit to Vancouver.
Kravtsov is a Russian prospect that probably wants to play in russia
That 1st is a late one, some magical bean
The roster player would probably be another cap dump

So what is the reason for Canucks to trade their best player for that package? just to get a late 1st and draft a dud? No thanks, rather have Miller walk after 2 years then trade him for a bunch of nothing and a cap dump. JR wont trade him to NYR unless they give us one of their top prospects. There is no way they trade him for some meddling prospect and late pick, am sure they can get way better return than that if not at TDL then during draft day.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
I just can’t see Miller getting an Eichel offer. I know fans want it, I would too. But I can’t see it. Is Vancouver signing him in a year and change? He will get a solid prospect or two and a 1st, though. Kravtsov and Lundkvist are at least B+ caliber prospects, no slouches. And for the guy who compared this to Zibanejad, seriously? This guy has like 8 years left and is locked up. Miller isn’t. There’s a clear difference.
Canucks might just re-sign Miller if they are only getting some magic beans. Maybe if he doesnt re-sign or wants a 7 year contract, they could still trade him at next year trade deadline and get the same amount as what NYR are offering which is a reject russian prospect and a 1st pick. Why would Canucks ever give a team 2 years of playoff run with Miller for so cheap. And people compare him to Eichel forget that Eichel had major injury problem and needed surgery and still we dont know how he will be on the ice. He also had a bad season last year, so comparing him to a 100% healthy Miller having his best season is just dumb. If Eichel was 100% healthy, tge return would have been 100x more, assuming Sabres still wanted a trade.

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006

If Schneider and a 1st + prospect previously selected in the 1st round was the offer, the trade would have already been made. Wake up
I'm not sure there's a statement more discrediting to a point than "Wake up." :laugh: Maybe if you include "sheeple" next time someone might take you seriously.

For those actually following, JR has stated numerous times over the last month that he won't make any moves until his new management team is in Vancouver and they have a variety of voices in the room. Castonguay arrived on Monday, Allvin arrived last week. They have set this entire week aside to discuss the future direction and chart the course for the franchise.

But sure, tell us more about how JR would have pulled the trigger on a deal he has zero reason to rush, on a guy that still has another year on his contract. Wake up broo

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
No wonder you guys want Schneider...
Of course we want schneider. Find me a similar powerforward center that is available and is still locked up next year too while still being relatively young? Even Giroux doesnt match this description because he is a UFA next year and is more of a rental.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021

Wake up what??? Are you in the boardrooms listening to all of the conversation and know whats going on?

John Johnson

Apr 11, 2019

This is literally just internet discussion my guy.

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site

What are we not understanding? The deal hasn’t been agreed upon. Rangers have clearly made an offer that we are not sold on. Pretty easy to understand, “no deal” and/or we are still in negotiations with other teams too.

No one is saying Schneider will even get moved. It’s just a Canucks want and need. Regardless if it’s part of the package at any point.

TheGortonConspiracy

Wow its a nice GM
May 2, 2017
NYC
I'm not sure there's a statement more discrediting to a point than "Wake up." :laugh: Maybe if you include "sheeple" next time someone might take you seriously.

For those actually following, JR has stated numerous times over the last month that he won't make any moves until his new management team is in Vancouver and they have a variety of voices in the room. Castonguay arrived on Monday, Allvin arrived last week. They have set this entire week aside to discuss the future direction and chart the course for the franchise.

But sure, tell us more about how JR would have pulled the trigger on a deal he has zero reason to rush, on a guy that still has another year on his contract. Wake up broo
The difference in value between JT Miller for 1.5 years and Jack Eichel for 4.5 years is larger than you think. Canucks fans in this thread are asking for a package closer in value to Eichel than JTM imo.

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
Or maybe.... there are multiple offers on the table, and it's not just the rumoured Rangers offer?

Reactions: Bettman Returnz

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
The difference in value between JT Miller for 1.5 years and Jack Eichel for 4.5 years is larger than you think. Canucks fans in this thread are asking for a package closer in value to Eichel than JTM imo.

The difference in cap hit is also, huge.

Cap hit is a huge influence in trade value.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
Chytil had 2C level performance last season prior to injuring his hand, I think his thumb. Has been hot and cold since but again, too much effin juggling of all the lines and that has not helped. You want to disagree, fine, we all have a right to our opinions. Chytil has bern seal of approval as 2C
Which he gives to Kravtsov once he returns and claims the #2C position.........right?

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Of course we want schneider. Find me a similar powerforward center that is available and is still locked up next year too while still being relatively young? Even Giroux doesnt match this description because he is a UFA next year and is more of a rental.
So sign him then? The problem with gutting your team or future for JT Miller is that most teams don't think they can sign him for the 2023-2024 season. The pay increase is just too rich for some teams, so trading an ELC player you expect to be with the team 5, 8, whatever years is a bit risky. NYR are dead last in Corsi. They can't get out of their zone. When you look at the points vs how they play, you can't help but to laugh. Will Miller help? Sure. Will Miller completely change that? Probably not and the minutes he's getting will take a hit playing in NY. I think our coach rolls out the top 2 lines a little more evenly with Panarin being on the second line. JT would take RW with Kreider and Zibanejad, pushing Laf down, or 2C with Strome pushed down. At the end of the day it's not Schneider is untouchable because Miller isn't good enough, it's fans (and maybe the organization) don't want to part with Schneider because he's a piece going forward where Miller most likely won't be.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
No LaFreniere, no Kakko, no Schneider...we're really just looking at a fistful of nickels here, aren't we? I'm actually optimistic Rutherford said "retool" over "rebuild" if these are the kinds of conditions for trading Miller.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
Wait. You don't like the package of Miller, Schneider, Kravtsov? I think that package would be amazing...
I listened to the hit on the radio and it was never Miller, Schneider and Kravtsov. He has heard the offer included a 1st, Kravtsov and another asset. He also said that he has heard that Schneider and Miller aren't off the table, but if one was included it would diminish the rest of the return. Canucks fans are letting their imagination run a little wild, I think if the deal includes a Schneider type the rest of the package is much reduced - like a 2nd or Kravtsov not some collection of every name mentioned.

John Johnson

Apr 11, 2019
No LaFreniere, no Kakko, no Schneider...we're really just looking at a fistful of nickels here, aren't we? I'm actually optimistic Rutherford said "retool" over "rebuild" if these are the kinds of conditions for trading Miller.
We take Kravstov and a 2nd or nothing apparently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad