Speculation: Official JT Miller Trade Thread II - NEW Update (1/25/22) - Rangers Interest "Next Level"

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
nobody on here has a clue what teams are interested of what kind of offer they would make. Does JT Miller help any playoff team...Yes, is it a guarantee he will help win you a cup...No. Do you have to give up quality assets for a player like JT Miller...Yes, does a big trade always lead to success down the road for the futures you received for a player like JT Miller...No

Whining and telling other teams fans they are delusional or asking for the moon etc is non sense. EVERY teams fans have wanted to acquire a top trade piece and not give up much. Or, had all these prized prospects who were ALL going to be elite and be way more valuable than the acquiring player...that is a fantast world people, enjoy the ride this is a hockey forum to discuss not bash people.

Do fans over value their players and prospects...YUP!!! Why is that...cause we love our team that much and only think the moon of the teams assets. Remember this, 1 team wins the championship 31 others fail...every single year!
Just going to leave this here as we are back to a really ridiculous thread again!

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Complete? Unfortunately if Rangers give in that would probably be Schneider+.

But a competitive offer? (Which is all I hope they go for honestly) Some form of Lundkvist, Krav, Chytil, 1st.

You know that wont get it done. Cmon

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC

Id be surprised if it did, but it’s not impossible. Which is why I said I hope that’s all they go for. If it means adding Schneider to the deal to complete it I’d want to back out.

I think Schneider would need to be in it to have Nucks accept. But who knows ig, it depends who bends or who backs away in the end.

nonfactor

Jan 9, 2017
Baltimore
Just going to leave this here as we are back to a really ridiculous thread again!

I agree, I’ll say this to the Ranger fans that “think” they know what is going through Drury’s head. Miller is a legitimate star player worth a first AND a high end prospect like Schneider, Miller can be had at a team friendly cap hit for two playoff runs, and if he brings that tenacity, grit, and scoring to NY that leads to a long playoff run or a Stanley Cup, Schneider will be an afterthought. Either way, there will be one team that pays the price the Canucks are looking for if Miller is traded. I for one, hope he likes it in Vancouver, as we need that type of player. Trade Boeser and Garland (I want to keep him as well….same type of player Miller is) if need be to get the help on defense the Canucks are desperately lacking.

Reactions: Bettman Returnz

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
... Some form of Lundkvist, Krav, Chytil, 1st.

2 of those for JTM is extremely fair offer
even if it s a buzz-kill to Canucks fans' big dreams of a more-than-Eichel return

but i am NYR fan who both
- doesn't see a reunion w JTM actually happening
- loves our prospects, and is fine with patience for them finding their way to complementing NYR's solid core

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
I agree, I’ll say this to the Ranger fans that “think” they know what is going through Drury’s head. Miller is a legitimate star player worth a first AND a high end prospect like Schneider, Miller can be had at a team friendly cap hit for two playoff runs, and if he brings that tenacity, grit, and scoring to NY that leads to a long playoff run or a Stanley Cup, Schneider will be an afterthought. Either way, there will be one team that pays the price the Canucks are looking for if Miller is traded. I for one, hope he likes it in Vancouver, as we need that type of player. Trade Boeser and Garland (I want to keep him as well….same type of player Miller is) if need be to get the help on defense the Canucks are desperately lacking.

You can’t say that and follow up by acting like you know what’s going through your Gms head.

I hate this notion that’s been put out in this thread that us fans of any team don’t have a clue what’s going through our GMs heads. There’s obviously some sort of idea of what is. It’s common sense

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Who says no? NHL executives evaluate your trade proposals for Chychrun, Giroux, Hertl and others

16. Rangers acquire JT Miller at 50 percent retention in exchange for Vitali Kravtsov, Nils Lundkvist, 2022 first-round pick — Anthony C.

Miller being reacquired by the Rangers has been a popular rumor of late. The Rangers have a deep farm system to make a deal work, and you figure one of Zac Jones or Nils Lundkvist will be moved this deadline or in the offseason. They’re both strong prospects but hard to imagine an NHL coach playing three small offense-driven defensemen given they already have Adam Fox.

Exec No. 1: That’s not bad. Canucks would get a first-round pick. Gets them some cap space, and a very good defense prospect — of which they have little in their system. Kravtsov is a wash. Rangers have two second-round picks this year and some cap space so I like this deal for both sides.

Exec No. 2: It sounds fair, maybe Rangers say no.

So, one NHL executive says this is a good deal for both, one says it's fair and the Rangers might say no.

JT Miller is not getting you Lafreniere or Kakko. JT Miller is not getting you Schneider. JT Miller will not get you K'Andre Miller. That package right there is pretty damn good if you ask me. Kravtsov may not have amazing value, but is a very good buy low candidate. Lundkvist is one of the best D prospects around. Rangers 1st is likely in the 20ish range.

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
Who says no? NHL executives evaluate your trade proposals for Chychrun, Giroux, Hertl and others

So, one NHL executive says this is a good deal for both, one says it's fair and the Rangers might say no.

JT Miller is not getting you Lafreniere or Kakko. JT Miller is not getting you Schneider. JT Miller will not get you K'Andre Miller. That package right there is pretty damn good if you ask me. Kravtsov may not have amazing value, but is a very good buy low candidate. Lundkvist is one of the best D prospects around. Rangers 1st is likely in the 20ish range.
Honestly, as a Van fan I don't think it's awful. I think it will really come down to what our management think of Kravtsov - if they view him has a high end talent then they'll likely be content with this return.

The only way the Canucks get a Schneider or Othman is if there's a bidding war at the deadline and Drury has pressure to make a splash. I don't think that's impossible, especially if the Canucks offer to retain - that will draw in some real contenders.

Curious to see how it plays out!

Reactions: rangersfansince08

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
Honestly, as a Van fan I don't think it's awful. I think it will really come down to what our management think of Kravtsov - if they view him has a high end talent then they'll likely be content with this return.

The only way the Canucks get a Schneider or Othman is if there's a bidding war at the deadline and Drury has pressure to make a splash. I don't think that's impossible, especially if the Canucks offer to retain - that will draw in some real contenders.

There absolutely will be a bidding war. Players of this caliber this cheap don't come around often.

This is a player with no form of movement clause, we should be looking to ship him off to a relatively undesirable UFA location (thinking Minnesota here) and we have a ton of leverage.

Deadly Dogma

All I have is substantially vapid opinions
Sponsor
May 3, 2016

don't sleep on the Leafs
we have picks, prospects and a young RHD in Lilj.

Reactions: Cogburn

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
There absolutely will be a bidding war. Players of this caliber this cheap don't come around often.

This is a player with no form of movement clause, we should be looking to ship him off to a relatively undesirable UFA location (thinking Minnesota here) and we have a ton of leverage.
I have a feeling its going to be a trade with a canadian club. That really only leaves the Leafs.
we can check all the boxes
2022 1st+Lilj+Knies for Miller@50%+Schenn we can add a 2nd to push it over the top and we can swap Knies for a different prospect.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Leafs can offer 2 1sts and Lilj+Kerfoot for Miller@50%+Schenn.

I have a feeling its going to be a trade with a canadian club. That really only leaves the Leafs.
2022 1st+Lilj+Knies for Miller@50%+Schenn we can add a 2nd to push it over the top and we can swap Knies for a different prospect.

Well, which is it?

Kidding, we would much prefer the second trade. Kerfoot is not an asset we want or need.

Compared to Lundqvisk, Kravstov and a 1st? Toronto takes the lead here.

Reactions: Deadly Dogma

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC

That trade checks no boxes for the Canucks (other than the standard 1st rounder, I guess).

Would decline that even if you took out Schenn and Miller was at full cap.

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
Hot take, very brave of you to post something everyone involved will agree with.
I don't want Miller on the Rangers and by all accounts they aren't looking to break the bank for him either. So if that Toronto deal exists by all means the Canucks should go for it. Wish you all the best.

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
Have fun getting ragdolled by Tampa/Florida/Carolina every year.
Yeah, because Miller is the guy that's going to magically turn the Rangers into a better 5v5 team, and also, there will apparently never be any other players that become available, I guess. Miller isn't the difference between the Rangers beating those team and there will be plenty of other players that come along and be made available.

Reactions: bl02

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
I dont want Miller on the Rangers either i would rather we sign him to a better term than Zibanejad and keep him than help the Rangers take a step

And Krvtsov and Lundqvist are not better than Klimovich and Rathbone at this point...hell to the Nah on those 2 would rather draft picks than prospects trending down

Reactions: Cogburn

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
That trade checks no boxes for the Canucks (other than the standard 1st rounder, I guess).

Lilj is a solid RHD who has decent potential
Knies Matthew Knies Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com
1st
IMO those are 3 really good assets with no cap coming back.
We would have to trade Kerfoot or Mrazek somewhere else to open cap. Or we may have enough prorated space to run everyone for this season.

John Johnson

Apr 11, 2019
Yeah, because Miller is the guy that's going to magically turn the Rangers into a better 5v5 team, and also, there will apparently never be any other players that become available, I guess. Miller isn't the difference between the Rangers beating those team and there will be plenty of other players that come along and be made available.
He might not be the difference but he sure as hell wouldn't hurt your team

John Johnson

Apr 11, 2019
Rangers fans don't want Miller, Canucks should just explore other teams as options. Lots of teams could use a C.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver

Young (22, same age as Kravtsov and a year older then Lundkvist) right handed D, a top 100 C prospect and a (late) first. I mean I disagree with you here boss. I'd prefer this trade to anything else I've seen, if we are trading Miller.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad