Speculation: Official JT Miller Trade Thread II - NEW Update (1/25/22) - Rangers Interest "Next Level"

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnHodgson

May 6, 2009
well then Miller should end up elsewhere

Coleman was a unicorn type of situation... why do people keep bringing as a baseline? That makes no sense.
Tampa was multiple seasons into an extended run as a Cup Contender and needed to get over the hump.
same with Caps and Mantha - desperate for one more shot at another Cup

I love NYR, but they are not top 5 Cup contenders yet, not better than TB, Avs, Canes or Fla, or likely even Flames, Wild, VGK, or Leafs

these young guys, who HFB posters keep wanting to suck away from NYR by the handful (hmm, why is that, if they have such limited promise),
they are the guys that will flesh out the Cup-contending core, if that time comes

A contending team wants to acquire an impact player with term to compete for the Stanley Cup... that's a unicorn situation? :laugh: You sure see a lot of unicorns bud... you might want to sit down with your doctor.

Blake Coleman is a great player but he's a good middle six forward that has never scored more than 36 points in a year. Respectfully, he's not someone that "gets you over the hump".

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

AlaBlueShirt

Mar 14, 2018
Does JT Miller need to undergo a potentially career changing/ending neck surgery that's never been performed before?

Does JT Miller have a 10M cap hit?

Has JT Miller not played in a year and a half?

You can bring up the Eichel trade but it's not relevant in any capacity. You are bringing a trade scenario that happens once every 10-15 years and using it as some sort of baseline for comparison.

You're comparing Apples to Peking Duck.
Lol at the career ending neck surgery.
So you can only use overpaid trades made in certain time as a baseline? Now I think I got it.

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
Questions to non Nucks fans. Let’s say the Rangers have the best offer of:

Lundkvist, Krav, 1st

How many of you other fans out there would top it with your team?

Now let’s say the offer is;

Schneider, 1st, Krav.

Same question, do you fans top it?
Appreciate the question but don’t anticipate a straight answer. It’s made clear that teams are not wanting/ willing to provide straight-up offers. Let’s be honest everyone wants a good deal/ doesn’t want their team to “pay the price/ over pay”. See how the next month plays out. Be interesting if a few more key players get dealt and the caliber of those acquisitions.

Last edited:

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
What was the point that was missed? You’re not getting Schnieder in any Miller deal.

I never said we were, in fact I have made that point over and over, if you weren't running with some false narrative about me you'd realize that,

My point (that clearly went right over your head) was I as a fan, along with every other fan on here has ZERO control over what trade happens, what the Canucks expect, or what the Rangers will give up, you seem to be under the impression (based on the comment I originally replied to) that we (as fans) are setting the price, I just wanted to let you know we aren't, that's all bud.

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
I never said we were, in fact I have made that point over and over, if you weren't running with some false narrative about me you'd realize that,

My point (that clearly went right over your head) was I as a fan, along with every other fan on here has ZERO control over what trade happens, what the Canucks expect, or what the Rangers will give up, you seem to be under the impression (based on the comment I originally replied to) that we (as fans) are setting the price, I just wanted to let you know we aren't, that's all bud.
And I just want to let you know that, although we have ZERO control over what trade happens, we can use logic and common sense to take an educated guess at what will happen, which in this situation shows that neither of which dictate the Rangers expending more than Nils, Krav, 1st in a trade for Miller, that's all bud.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
And I just want to let you know that, although we have ZERO control over what trade happens, we can use logic and common sense to take an educated guess at what will happen, which in this situation shows that neither of which dictate the Rangers expending more than Nils, Krav, 1st in a trade for Miller, that's all bud.

I already knew that, if you did, maybe you wouldn't have inferred that we (fans) somehow control what happens.

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC

I think that's all the Rags want to give up and that's why I don't think a trade will happen - Miller is worth more.

Why do you guys get all sensitive and personal what the other team thinks their player is worth? We have countless of pages of extreme points of view on both sides (admittedly more Canuck fans due to the ratio on hfboards).

At this point I think Miller has priced himself out. The extra year would cost a team a lot and he's basically his own market in that regard. Rangers would likely go after a different and cheaper C option. I can't blame them either. If the Rangers pay up Schneider for Miller, Canuck fans would be ecstatic.

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
I think that's all the Rags want to give up and that's why I don't think a trade will happen - Miller is worth more.

Why do you guys get all sensitive and personal what the other team thinks their player is worth? We have countless of pages of extreme points of view on both sides (admittedly more Canuck fans due to the ratio on hfboards).

At this point I think Miller has priced himself out. The extra year would cost a team a lot and he's basically his own market in that regard. Rangers would likely go after a different and cheaper C option. I can't blame them either. If the Rangers pay up Schneider for Miller, Canuck fans would be ecstatic.
Sounds good to me, he probably is worth more but that's what they are willing to pay so I guess there's no deal. More than fine by I would say all Rangers fans.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
Questions to non Nucks fans. Let’s say the Rangers have the best offer of:

Lundkvist, Krav, 1st

How many of you other fans out there would top it with your team?

Now let’s say the offer is;

Schneider, 1st, Krav.

Same question, do you fans top it?

If that second offer is on the table, I take it. No need for anyone to top it. That should be the top end for a Miller offer.

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
I dont think many in the east see games in the west realize how good Miller is playing these days. He is the best forward on the market and exactly what a contender would want to add for the playoffs.

Top 20 in scoring, 2 way player, PP, can kill penalties, can play center or any forward position effectively, fast, skilled, big, plays with an edge, leader and heart and soul player for the Canucks.

I certainly want more than a package with Lundquist in it, not very exciting

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I dont think many in the east see games in the west realize how good Miller is playing these days. He is the best forward on the market and exactly what a contender would want to add for the playoffs.

Top 20 in scoring, 2 way player, PP, can kill penalties, can play center or any forward position effectively, fast, skilled, big, plays with an edge, leader and heart and soul player for the Canucks.

I certainly want more than a package with Lundquist in it, not very exciting
Sounds like someone you should keep.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
agree. The only way he moves for me is if he wants to go to free agency to go east closer to home. Or he says you want me to stay show me the money and requests the Zibanejad deal

Him moving will gut our team and were not quite good enough as is to make playoffs without him were fuXXed unless Forsberg signs as a UFA which is unlikley

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC

The smugness of these types of responses irritate me.

Like it would be peachy if our completely inept GM of the last 8 years didn't completely ruin the window for JT Miller and the Canucks to be relevant at the same time.
But the Canucks aren't going on a run in the next 2 years and indication is leaning towards Miller testing free agency. Gee what a concept hey? A team is trying to extract value for a really good player that unfortunately doesn't fit the timeline.

It's basically a smug response that screams 'hey i have no idea how the salary CAP functions'

FoxysExpensiveNYDigs

Boo Nieves Truther
Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
agree. The only way he moves for me is if he wants to go to free agency to go east closer to home. Or he says you want me to stay show me the money and requests the Zibanejad deal

Him moving will gut our team and were not quite good enough as is to make playoffs without him were fuXXed unless Forsberg signs as a UFA which is unlikley
Weird i could have sworn i read he was just as good as Zibanejad. Why wouldnt you give him Zibanejad money?

Bondra slapshot

Jul 21, 2009
This type of scenario is becoming more and more of a trope in itself.

Team A has a very good player that they're looking to trade before his final year or 2nd to last year and Team B likes the player but isn't necessarily in dire need of that player, thus, the offers aren't that "thrilling".

Another complication that's of much importance is timing. To be more concrete, regarding the Rangers, they're only one year removed from their rebuild. No one expected them to play this well. There's no rush or expectation for them to contend for the cup this year. Making the playoffs wasn't even expected.

Trading for Miller is more of a trade you'd see if the Rangers were three or four years from now.

The truth is, in these types of trades archetypically speaking, you generally have one team that's far more pressured to make a move than the other. The Canucks are much more against the clock as to what they should/need to do with Miller, than potential buying teams. Especially the Rangers. They're in no position to have to spend big during their first year of their brand new window. Their first year lol.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018

Team A has a very good player that they're looking to trade before his final year or 2nd to last year and Team B likes the player but isn't necessarily in dire need of that player, thus, the offers aren't that "thrilling".

Another complication that's of much importance is timing. To be more concrete, regarding the Rangers, they're only one year removed from their rebuild. No one expected them to play this well. There's no rush or expectation for them to contend for the cup this year. Making the playoffs wasn't even expected.

Trading for Miller is more of a trade you'd see if the Rangers were three or four years from now.

The truth is, in these types of trades archetypically speaking, you generally have one team that's far more pressured to make a move than the other. The Canucks are much more against the clock as to what they should/need to do with Miller, than potential buying teams. Especially the Rangers. They're in no position to have to spend big during their first year of their brand new window. Their first year lol.

Why would anyone speak any other way?

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil

I doubt your owner, management and of course team feel that way.

Diamonddog01

Diamond in the rough
Jul 18, 2007
Vancouver

That's your opinion, it certainly isn't the "truth." Miller is signed for another 1.5 years, so no, the Canucks are not remotely against the clock or pressured in any way, shape, or form. It also completely ignores the fact that there are many other suitors apart from the Rangers. If a team feels that they could make a deep run this year there is far more pressure on that team to try to win the Stanley Cup than there is on the Canucks.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Weird i could have sworn i read he was just as good as Zibanejad. Why wouldnt you give him Zibanejad money?
Because that's an awful contract duh.

Your gonna be paying 34-37-yr old Zibanejad 8.5 million good luck with that lol

Thats the term we would be trying to avoid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad