Speculation: Official JT Miller Trade Thread II - NEW Update (1/25/22) - Rangers Interest "Next Level"

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

LuLover96

Feb 28, 2017
Fake as shit rumour...as if a canuck fan has insider info...come on really you believe that shit!?
This is the only new information since hearing the rangers interest is “next level.” It’s very likely it’s fake, but I don’t see what people lose if that is the case.

I saw something that wasn’t discussed here, and gave it some attention. If an eventual trade is less than that or I’m proven wrong, I’ll happily eat crow.

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
This is the only new information since hearing the rangers interest is “next level.” It’s very likely it’s fake, but I don’t see what people lose if that is the case.

I saw something that wasn’t discussed here, and gave it some attention. If an eventual trade is less than that or I’m proven wrong, I’ll happily eat crow.

Lol. So every lie that some fan made up needs to be discussed?

Reactions: Canuck86

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Wrong. It is the sensible recognition that a deep team with more youth [which is cheaper] is better for maintaining roster flexibility and an extended window during hard cap reality.
Recognizing the cap is reality. Not your non sequitur follow up.
What is fantasy is your adamant insistence that, by sheer force of will, you will somehow make Rangers overpay for Miller, including a surrender of Schneider and other assets not on the table from NY.
Sensible recognition? The fact that you think its feasible is a complete non-sense. Also teams need veterans and experienced players to lead them alongside a good coach, good manager, good players development program etc. Aside from that, how will you get all these young players that are all skilled? Is there like a tree where you can pick them? Thats why your idea is non-sensical because its impossible. Name me a team that is a cup contender and all their players are under 23?

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
NO, manage the situation as best as possible, trying to extend as much as doable. In that way, when the bold happens, it is vs a larger, not a smaller, roster of quality depth which better absorbs the adversity. You CAN plan and try to keep windows open.
Extending windows for what? being just a competitive team but not good enough to win a cup? A sacrifice has to be made when you are a contender to win the cup. Winning a cup after decades is better than extending windows to be just good enough to make playoffs but do nothing once there. The whole point of trade deadline is to patch deficincies in the lineup or get a piece that puts you over the top.

Reactions: AHLdepth

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas
Reaves, Goodrow...

Bottom six. Reaves was literally benched in the playoffs by Vegas last year, and Goodrow is a complementary piece, not a play driver. You can probably add Tinordi in there as well, but it won't make a difference in W/L. The Rangers got swept in Lundqvist's first post-season. It didn't mean that Jagr, Straka, and Nylander didn't have playoff experience--it meant that not enough of the rest of the roster did. Green, one or two line teams don't usually do well in the playoffs. I have confidence that this team WILL contend, but I highly doubt it will be this year.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Could be completely wrong, but I saw on CDC that someone’s friend in the media said the current offer from NYR is Laff, 1st this year and 2nd next year, but Allvin is pulling the bust card on Laffy, saying that second needs to be upgraded to ensure we get an impact piece for Miller. This is for no retention.​
Don't think the Canucks would be stupid enough to say no to this offer

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
For context — Lafreniere, Kakko and Schneider were all off the table for Eichel, who’s without question a superior player to JTM. A natural Center. Younger. And Signed longer.

This was prior to the Rangers committing to Zibanejad longterm. So the salary cap wasn’t as important then for NY.

I wholeheartedly understand the premise behind Schneider, a 1st, and another piece from Nucks fans who aren’t smoking crack and think the + would be a Lafreniere or Kakko. That’s just a straight up dumb expectation.

Why this helps NY? They can utilize Miller and Strome together for a cup run (which I don’t think they should) and, with the Nucks retaining, they have a 2C option next year without having to commit to Strome beyond this year.

This allows Drury to ice a damn good team next year with enough money to re-sign guys like Kakko and Blais with JTM as our 2C for 1 more season. If the cost is Schneider, our 1st, and a player like: Chytil/Barron/Jones/Robertson, I can maybe see it happening, although I wouldn’t endorse that.

But you’re not getting Laf. Or Kakko. Or ESPECIALLY Laf/Kakko on top of Schneider. Whoever originally thought that needs to stop smoking crack. That’s just straight up f***ing stupid.

Flan the incredible

Nov 8, 2014
The Rangers' two most important players (Shesterkin and Fox) have never played an NHL playoff game. Remember Lundqvist's rookie year? He was the talk of the league, and he got destroyed by the Devils. Swept in round one.

Trouba hasn't played a playoff game in three years, and hasn't been on a real run in the playoffs in four years. The only other regular on the Rangers blueline to have ANY experience in the playoffs is Nemeth. Nothing for Fox, Lindgren, Miller, Lundkvist, Schneider, Jones, etc.

Strome hasn't seen a playoff game in six years. It's been five years for Zibanejad and Kreider. Three for Panarin. Nobody else on the team has any real playoff experience.

Strome and Zib played VERY different roles on their teams the last time they were in the postseason.

Really, the only two players on the Rangers roster who I would describe as "battle tested" in the playoffs are Kreider and MAYBE Panarin (who has done well, but has still only played 30 playoff games in his career).

Adding JT Miller doesn't change a line-up wide lack of experience, and that's even assuming that we'd be getting the "post-season Miller" from 2020. He was great that year. But he was also absolute shit in the post-season in every other year of his career (26 points in 61 games with NY and TBL).

There's also the fact that this Rangers' team has been living on their PP, and they won't see as many of those in the playoffs when the officials swallow their whistles.

I am a fan of the team, but I don't see a chance in hell of them contending or even having a shot at the ECF unless they catch lightning in a bottle the way some teams do from time to time.

I'll be happy with a first round win and a competitive round 2. I wouldn't be shocked by a first round sweep. Our likely opponents are ALL experienced teams re: playoff hockey.

Lundqvist suffered migraines during that playoff series. He eventually went on meds to solve them. Imagine playing goalie with a migraine...

David Bruce Banner

Acid Raven Bed Burn
Mar 25, 2008
Waaaaay over there
For context — Lafreniere, Kakko and Schneider were all off the table for Eichel, who’s without question a superior player to JTM. A natural Center. Younger. And Signed longer.

This was prior to the Rangers committing to Zibanejad longterm. So the salary cap wasn’t as important then for NY.

I wholeheartedly understand the premise behind Schneider, a 1st, and another piece from Nucks fans who aren’t smoking crack and think the + would be a Lafreniere or Kakko. That’s just a straight up dumb expectation.

Why this helps NY? They can utilize Miller and Strome together for a cup run (which I don’t think they should) and, with the Nucks retaining, they have a 2C option next year without having to commit to Strome beyond this year.

This allows Drury to ice a damn good team next year with enough money to re-sign guys like Kakko and Blais with JTM as our 2C for 1 more season. If the cost is Schneider, our 1st, and a player like: Chytil/Barron/Jones/Robertson, I can maybe see it happening, although I wouldn’t endorse that.

But you’re not getting Laf. Or Kakko. Or ESPECIALLY Laf/Kakko on top of Schneider. Whoever originally thought that needs to stop smoking crack. That’s just straight up f***ing stupid.

Your arguments are reasonable, but I feel as though Eichel’s health was a factor in the assets offered.

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
My colleague and I were talking about the Rags and Nucks.

I asked him what the Rags would give for Miller.

He started laughing.

#laftovane5

JohnHodgson

May 6, 2009

I'm not sure why Eichel is being consistently brought up. He's not relevant at all?

Eichel's trade circumstances are once in generation - we won't see something like this for a long long time. No shit he's a superior player that's younger? Way to state the obvious.

If Eichel was healthy, all of Kakko, Lafreniere and Schneider would be heading back to Buffalo. The thing is - he wasn't. So there's absolutely no relevancy with regards to Eichel.

Reactions: EP to Kuzmenko

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
I'm not sure why Eichel is being consistently brought up. He's not relevant at all?

Eichel's trade circumstances are once in generation - we won't see something like this for a long long time. No shit he's a superior player that's younger? Way to state the obvious.

If Eichel was healthy, all of Kakko, Lafreniere and Schneider would be heading back to Buffalo. The thing is - he wasn't. So there's absolutely no relevancy with regards to Eichel.
Eichel definitely gets a lot more than he did if there wasn't questions about his health, and how he would be with return to play. The cap hit doesn't help either.

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
200w.gif

Reactions: jd22

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
Miller is a very good player but when things don't go his way he pouts and puts in half ass efforts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad