Speculation: Official JT Miller Trade Thread II - NEW Update (1/25/22) - Rangers Interest "Next Level"

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
It is too bad that Vancouver is in the position to need to trade him, apparently. The team seems to be in a much better place all around and the fans have been through a tough stretch with Dim Jim.
Is there no way around trading him? I guess not and I guess the prospect of the future is more important.
There is always the option not to trade Miller away. The problem is that we don't have any cap, no prospect pool and we haven't had a 1st round draft pick in 2 seasons so there aren't any high end re-enforcements coming up any time in the near future. It's very difficult to improve when you don't have cap flexibility, no internal depth or help and players over paid that will require assets to move out. Trading Miller is a short term pain for long term gain type deal unless someone wants to give up assets for OEL or Tucker Poolman........well looks like its Miller.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
For context — Lafreniere, Kakko and Schneider were all off the table for Eichel, who’s without question a superior player to JTM. A natural Center. Younger. And Signed longer.

This was prior to the Rangers committing to Zibanejad longterm. So the salary cap wasn’t as important then for NY.

I wholeheartedly understand the premise behind Schneider, a 1st, and another piece from Nucks fans who aren’t smoking crack and think the + would be a Lafreniere or Kakko. That’s just a straight up dumb expectation.

Why this helps NY? They can utilize Miller and Strome together for a cup run (which I don’t think they should) and, with the Nucks retaining, they have a 2C option next year without having to commit to Strome beyond this year.

This allows Drury to ice a damn good team next year with enough money to re-sign guys like Kakko and Blais with JTM as our 2C for 1 more season. If the cost is Schneider, our 1st, and a player like: Chytil/Barron/Jones/Robertson, I can maybe see it happening, although I wouldn’t endorse that.

But you’re not getting Laf. Or Kakko. Or ESPECIALLY Laf/Kakko on top of Schneider. Whoever originally thought that needs to stop smoking crack. That’s just straight up f***ing stupid.

I can see an offer around a 1st (would prefer a 23 first though), Schneider and Jones/Robertson for Miller (even with some salary retained if needed.

zcaptain

Apr 4, 2012
For context — Lafreniere, Kakko and Schneider were all off the table for Eichel, who’s without question a superior player to JTM. A natural Center. Younger. And Signed longer.

This was prior to the Rangers committing to Zibanejad longterm. So the salary cap wasn’t as important then for NY.

I wholeheartedly understand the premise behind Schneider, a 1st, and another piece from Nucks fans who aren’t smoking crack and think the + would be a Lafreniere or Kakko. That’s just a straight up dumb expectation.

Why this helps NY? They can utilize Miller and Strome together for a cup run (which I don’t think they should) and, with the Nucks retaining, they have a 2C option next year without having to commit to Strome beyond this year.

This allows Drury to ice a damn good team next year with enough money to re-sign guys like Kakko and Blais with JTM as our 2C for 1 more season. If the cost is Schneider, our 1st, and a player like: Chytil/Barron/Jones/Robertson, I can maybe see it happening, although I wouldn’t endorse that.

But you’re not getting Laf. Or Kakko. Or ESPECIALLY Laf/Kakko on top of Schneider. Whoever originally thought that needs to stop smoking crack. That’s just straight up f***ing stupid.

As a Canuck fan, I find this the most reasonable opinion, I have read.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
Miller to Minnesota makes an insane amount of sense. More sense than NYR.

Miller@50%+Motte for Rossi+Lambos+Addison.

Minnesota keeps their first to move at the deadline for a rental or another impact player for a playoff run.

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
I think we start to hear rumours about more teams near the end of the month. Specfically Nashville as they have a ton of cap space and some expendable assets that fit our needs. Miller plays the perfect type of game for that team

Trenin, Myers, Prokop and a 2022 1st?
or Fabbro, Prokop and a mid round pick?

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
I think we start to hear rumours about more teams near the end of the month. Specfically Nashville as they have a ton of cap space and some expendable assets that fit our needs. Miller plays the perfect type of game for that team

Trenin, Myers, Prokop and a 2022 1st?
or Fabbro, Prokop and a mid round pick?

Nashville doesn't really need Miller, we might look to upgrade Kunin, but Miller would be a luxury especially at that price.

Fabbro's on our top pairing and is playing well and we need defensemen for the playoffs, so he's definitely not moving.

BuiumSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Miller to Minnesota makes an insane amount of sense. More sense than NYR.

Miller@50%+Motte for Rossi+Lambos+Addison.

Minnesota keeps their first to move at the deadline for a rental or another impact player for a playoff run.
Minnesota can’t and won’t trade Rossi. He’s on an ELC through the buyouts. We need him

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009

Call me crazy, but I don't see the Rangers parting with Schneider for Miller. They have built a VERY good young team, and that's without getting much in the way of contributions from Laf & Kakko. On D, I think they look at Fox, they look at Trouba, and Schneider and say to themselves -- this is the envy of the rest of the league on the right side, even if Schneider is a little raw. K'Andre Miller & Ryan Lindgren on the left, and really, you're laughing.

The Rangers are young. There isn't and shouldn't be a ton of urgency to start offloading. Miller has an extra year on his deal, so IMO he should be their top pursuit, but they've got other pieces to get it done. If not, there will be more opportunities for this team.

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
Call me crazy, but I don't see the Rangers parting with Schneider for Miller. They have built a VERY good young team, and that's without getting much in the way of contributions from Laf & Kakko. On D, I think they look at Fox, they look at Trouba, and Schneider and say to themselves -- this is the envy of the rest of the league on the right side, even if Schneider is a little raw. K'Andre Miller & Ryan Lindgren on the left, and really, you're laughing.

The Rangers are young. There isn't and shouldn't be a ton of urgency to start offloading. Miller has an extra year on his deal, so IMO he should be their top pursuit, but they've got other pieces to get it done. If not, there will be more opportunities for this team.
Very well said. I’d love Miller. I can see why Nucks fans want Schneids. He’s a hell of a player already. But I’m not moving a cost controlled RHD Thats 20 and can do everything you’d want in a 6-2, 210 pound defender.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Yes they do. It's a question of whether or not Sakic wants to give them up

Take a guess.

Also, it depends on what you call a prospect.

Byram/Newhook is too much to give for JTM and Canucks fans won’t be happy with what’s left. The two teams aren’t good trade partners.

Last edited:

bbny

Unregistered User
Apr 12, 2019
Could be completely wrong, but I saw on CDC that someone’s friend in the media said the current offer from NYR is Laff, 1st this year and 2nd next year, but Allvin is pulling the bust card on Laffy, saying that second needs to be upgraded to ensure we get an impact piece for Miller. This is for no retention.​

CDC eh? With bullshit like that, no wonder some people don't believe their data and recommendations on Covid

Paul Padovano

Dec 24, 2021
Well, he is an american at the end of the day...
I thought I heard Vancouver's finest chanting "XENO PHOBIA" during the Miller OT winner game vs the Rangers! !! Does it bother J.T., is that why he wants out?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad