Speculation: Official JT Miller Trade Thread II - NEW Update (1/25/22) - Rangers Interest "Next Level"

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

FOurteenS inCisOr

FOS COrp CEO
May 4, 2012
Republic of VI
Look, Myers has been largely bad since becoming a Canuck, no argument there. But neither the eyes nor stats back up this claim since Bruce took over. I'm not expecting Myers to continue at his current level but you're crazy if you think the play he's sustaining has only been worth $4M.

OEL has been fairly solid defensively since coming over but no team can afford to pay a defensemen $8.25M to be solid defensively and a black hole offensively.

Agree to disagree.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas
Miller gives them the depth, and their top players have plenty of experience. Miller would add a fair bit more. They are every bit a contender and have a fair chance at ECF.

The Rangers' two most important players (Shesterkin and Fox) have never played an NHL playoff game. Remember Lundqvist's rookie year? He was the talk of the league, and he got destroyed by the Devils. Swept in round one.

Trouba hasn't played a playoff game in three years, and hasn't been on a real run in the playoffs in four years. The only other regular on the Rangers blueline to have ANY experience in the playoffs is Nemeth. Nothing for Fox, Lindgren, Miller, Lundkvist, Schneider, Jones, etc.

Strome hasn't seen a playoff game in six years. It's been five years for Zibanejad and Kreider. Three for Panarin. Nobody else on the team has any real playoff experience.

Strome and Zib played VERY different roles on their teams the last time they were in the postseason.

Really, the only two players on the Rangers roster who I would describe as "battle tested" in the playoffs are Kreider and MAYBE Panarin (who has done well, but has still only played 30 playoff games in his career).

Adding JT Miller doesn't change a line-up wide lack of experience, and that's even assuming that we'd be getting the "post-season Miller" from 2020. He was great that year. But he was also absolute shit in the post-season in every other year of his career (26 points in 61 games with NY and TBL).

There's also the fact that this Rangers' team has been living on their PP, and they won't see as many of those in the playoffs when the officials swallow their whistles.

I am a fan of the team, but I don't see a chance in hell of them contending or even having a shot at the ECF unless they catch lightning in a bottle the way some teams do from time to time.

I'll be happy with a first round win and a competitive round 2. I wouldn't be shocked by a first round sweep. Our likely opponents are ALL experienced teams re: playoff hockey.

Reactions: Dijock94

Overrateprospects

Dec 23, 2021
Why aren't they contending? They have everything a team needs to be considered a contender.

NYR being a contender or not is not the Canucks concern. -Jack Johnson

I was responding to a person who insist Rangers should trade for JT Miller because he wants Braden Schneider. He followed it up saying it doesn’t matter if Rangers are contending but should trade for him anyway.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Disagree. You constantly build the best possible team for the longest possible window, and splurge only moderately where cost and total factors make sense,
Better chances for multiple cups due to bigger window >>> lesser window
You are talking about a fantasy or a dream where all the picks became star players and somehow meshed and then all of them signed for cheap contracts and somehow got lucky with injuries etc. Please stop dreaming and come back to reality since you cant draft all the players on the team. Its just a stupid fantasy

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
In order to win ANY you need to have the best possible basis to do that. You constantly try to build a fundamentally sound team but must reinvigorate so it is ongoing with an extended window.
IMO

Everyone talks about this window like everything will go perfectly and work out to be on schedule. It never happens that way because things like injuries, busts, bad chemistry etc. happens along the way. Look at Pettersson and Boeser. One minute you think you will have the next Bossy and Federov then the next minute they are playing worse than Patrik Stefan or Yakupov. Forget about extended windows and just get through the door. Just take the chance when that moment comes and the team is firing on all cylinders. You cant predict when windows open or close in this league.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
You are talking about a fantasy or a dream where all the picks became star players and somehow meshed and then all of them signed for cheap contracts and somehow got lucky with injuries etc. Please stop dreaming and come back to reality since you cant draft all the players on the team. Its just a stupid fantasy
Wrong. It is the sensible recognition that a deep team with more youth [which is cheaper] is better for maintaining roster flexibility and an extended window during hard cap reality.
Recognizing the cap is reality. Not your non sequitur follow up.
What is fantasy is your adamant insistence that, by sheer force of will, you will somehow make Rangers overpay for Miller, including a surrender of Schneider and other assets not on the table from NY.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Everyone talks about this window like everything will go perfectly and work out to be on schedule. It never happens that way because things like injuries, busts, bad chemistry etc. happens along the way. Look at Pettersson and Boeser. One minute you think you will have the next Bossy and Federov then the next minute they are playing worse than Patrik Stefan or Yakupov. Forget about extended windows and just get through the door. Just take the chance when that moment comes and the team is firing on all cylinders. You cant predict when windows open or close in this league.
NO, manage the situation as best as possible, trying to extend as much as doable. In that way, when the bold happens, it is vs a larger, not a smaller, roster of quality depth which better absorbs the adversity. You CAN plan and try to keep windows open.

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
Nobody drives in New York, too much traffic.
What about Cabby on the Street

maxresdefault.jpg

LuLover96

Feb 28, 2017
Could be completely wrong, but I saw on CDC that someone’s friend in the media said the current offer from NYR is Laff, 1st this year and 2nd next year, but Allvin is pulling the bust card on Laffy, saying that second needs to be upgraded to ensure we get an impact piece for Miller. This is for no retention.​

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
Could be completely wrong, but I saw on CDC that someone’s friend in the media said the current offer from NYR is Laff, 1st this year and 2nd next year, but Allvin is pulling the bust card on Laffy, saying that second needs to be upgraded to ensure we get an impact piece for Miller. This is for no retention.​
Interesting if true. I guess Othermann and Schnieder are viewed more favorably by management

LuLover96

Feb 28, 2017
Interesting if true. I guess Othermann and Schnieder are viewed more favorably by management
I’m guessing they’re holding stiff on only giving up one major piece. Can get Laff, Schneider, or one of their major prospects but not multiple.

Seventy7

May 16, 2015
From what I’ve heard there won’t be a dman in the Miller package…. Perhaps Garland for a D, Miller for a F, picks

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
From what I’ve heard there won’t be a dman in the Miller package…. Perhaps Garland for a D, Miller for a F, picks

It sure sounds like its going to turn out that way. Personally I tihnk it would be the right move if Laf is coming back the other way.

Laf potentially replaces Miller as a LW, with picks/prospects to help add depth

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT

My pet rocks parents neighbor heard the same exact thing, so I think it’s credible. Only difference was that Fox was also included @50% retention.

LuLover96

Feb 28, 2017
My pet rocks parents neighbor heard the same exact thing, so I think it’s credible. Only difference was that Fox was also included @50% retention.
Really? No need for that man, I never called it a credible source. It just makes for good discussion.

canuckslover10

Apr 10, 2014
I personally am not really high on either kakko or lafferniere but Braden Schneider is a guy I would target, I would not trade him to the Rangers unless he is part of this trade.

Reactions: Canuck86

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna

Fake as shit rumour...as if a canuck fan has insider info...come on really you believe that shit!?

Reactions: Kupo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad