Speculation: Official Fantasy Trade Offers/Armchair GM Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
We make it simple you are a Buisnesmess and try to get a Company going, you don´t invest in a company till your money run out when you see no future or developing chance in the people working there.

If you think Viola bought a hockey franchise in South Florida thinking it's a great investment I don't know what to tell you. He bought the Panthers because hockey is his hobby horse.

Sure, he wants to run a tight ship and nobody wants to throw money out the window. But you can't be a serious contender year after year while maintaining an internal cap. The margins are too small in this league and having 10 million more to spend is a huge advantage for the other teams. Especially for the teams that are run well.

Reactions: RainingRats

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
id love to have galchenyuk, but im not giving up any of the big-3 on offense for him. and malgin isnt even in the same stratosphere.

either prospects like borgstrom or tippett but id be hesitant on either deal. 1st + petrovic no way cuts it. if drouin ends up as a center there longterm, i wonder if you could swap a winger for gal, or a d, or 1st and prospects. i have no idea what they want.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
If you think Viola bought a hockey franchise in South Florida thinking it's a great investment I don't know what to tell you. He bought the Panthers because hockey is his hobby horse.

Sure, he wants to run a tight ship and nobody wants to throw money out the window. But you can't be a serious contender year after year while maintaining an internal cap. The margins are too small in this league and having 10 million more to spend is a huge advantage for the other teams. Especially for the teams that are run well.

It was more a symbolic story, to tell it no matter where you go no one spend big Money for nothing.
It goes, sens started with medium Cap and after reaching some Years in PO the raised there Cap.
15-16 65 Mio
16-17 69 MIo
17-18 73 Mio
so you can reach PO with limited Cap

Nashville reached PO with 62 Mio
And if you believe it or not the Year the Panthers reached the PO they spend 67 Mio.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
It was more a symbolic story, to tell it no matter where you go no one spend big Money for nothing.
It goes, sens started with medium Cap and after reaching some Years in PO the raised there Cap.
15-16 65 Mio
16-17 69 MIo
17-18 73 Mio
so you can reach PO with limited Cap

Nashville reached PO with 62 Mio
And if you believe it or not the Year the Panthers reached the PO they spend 67 Mio.

Sure you can reach playoffs or get a run at the cup if all the pieces fall in place. But none of those teams have been serious contenders year after year.

It's super obvious that having an internal cap (on top having a cap in the first place) is a handicap. That's the reason why salary cap enabled parity we see in the league today.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
i still believe the internal cap is a year by year thing and if theres a good opportunity to acquire legit pieces or do something serious then by all means theyll spend. looking at the ufa classes or what can be had through trades, if not much then evaluate and say ok well theres not much this offseason, dont wanna throw around money and commit longterm for the heck of it. go get some pieces like they did with dadonov and vrbata, otherwise we're aiming for a lower cap this year to minimize our losses.

depending on how this offseasons ufa class looks and how we approach it will speak more. but i still think theyd spend if its worth it.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
It's super obvious that having an internal cap (on top having a cap in the first place) is a handicap. That's the reason why salary cap enabled parity we see in the league today.
I don't think it's obviously a handicap. If the time isn't right, committing big money to a free agent who will drag you down the next 3 years, could be a huge mistake. And I don't even mean an obvious mistake like Bolland (although that's really to be avoided), but someone like maybe Rick Nash who'd be expensive but whose best years are in the past, most likely.

An internal cap can help focus the GM on getting to the phase where the team can afford contracts for the Kanes and the Toews, at the same time. And then a Hossa as an added piece, and a great goalie. We aren't there yet, so reigning in the GM may not be a bad idea, on a temporary basis.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
We make it simple you are a Buisnesmess and try to get a Company going, you don´t invest in a company till your money run out when you see no future or developing chance in the people working there. Sure you can bring in mercenary from outside, to make your team stronger. But you can´t plan with this Guys cause they go if they find a better chance.

So the only chance is that your own people getting so good, that the company getting so good. That people from outside pleased to work for you and you can start planning where i wanna go.

The only Problem we have our Owner trusted a person, no one knows what he could do and ruined the Company badly.

Please People stop Dreaming, that people throwing Money out of the Window. Special when they run a own Buisness and know how it works.
I don't think you're understanding my post.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
I don't think it's obviously a handicap. If the time isn't right, committing big money to a free agent who will drag you down the next 3 years, could be a huge mistake. And I don't even mean an obvious mistake like Bolland (although that's really to be avoided), but someone like maybe Rick Nash who'd be expensive but whose best years are in the past, most likely.

An internal cap can help focus the GM on getting to the phase where the team can afford contracts for the Kanes and the Toews, at the same time. And then a Hossa as an added piece, and a great goalie. We aren't there yet, so reigning in the GM may not be a bad idea, on a temporary basis.

I mean I agree but my point totally was that if the internal cap is permanent, it definitely is a handicap in the long run.

Whether the time is right now to spend or not is another question.

Reactions: RainingRats

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
I mean I agree but my point totally was that if the internal cap is permanent, it definitely is a handicap in the long run.

Whether the time is right now to spend or not is another question.
Fair enough.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
How about someone more realistic, Athanasiou for example.

He is fast, needs a contract, if we can trade for him and get him extended, could be a good fit with Trocheck and Vrbata. Could make for a fast, skilled line.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
How about someone more realistic, Athanasiou for example.

He is fast, needs a contract, if we can trade for him and get him extended, could be a good fit with Trocheck and Vrbata. Could make for a fast, skilled line.

Heard Bob Mackenzie saying they would want a similar player who could potentially score 20 and similiar age or younger. Who checks off those boxes for us?

Bjugstad?

I'd hope they'd have some interest in Petrovic maybe? He's still an RFA, Green is probably leaving this year at deadline unless they magically make the playoffs, doubtful though. Kronwall is donezo.
Daley is their only legit top 4 defenseman on the right hand side. Petro could finally get a chance at top 4 minutes, something he will probably never see now with Pysyk and Weegar probably outplaying him soon enough. I like Petrovic a lot, he's progressed every single year and would hurt to see him leave but this year may be the time to get a return on him. I don't see where he fits long term, unless he's willing to accept he will be a bottom pairing guy here for the duration of his next contract as well.

Petrovic for AA? Mid round picks both ways to offset any discrepancy in value

AA has only produced decent numbers for ONE season.
Petrovic has shown the ability to be a solid bottom pairing but has the tools and offensive ability to become a top 4 guy which DET can provide.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
I wouldn't help Detoilet in any shape or form. Let AA go to the KHL. Malgin could play now in the top6 and Ang could end up being about the same as AA if not better.

I wouldn´t do that trade, as you said both Players could at lowest been Top9 Players. Ang catched a lot of Eyes already in the last Year Prospect Tournament, when he stood out on speed and Physical presence.

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
Athanasiou would actually fit perfectly into our lineup and style of play...I would offer someone like Ang or Mascherin, but I think Detroit is looking for immediate help. Malgin would be a tough choice to make.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
McGinn and a non top prospect for Chris Kreider. Or Malgin for Kreider. Perfect fit for the new style of play. We could put him on Tro's LW

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
McGinn and a non top prospect for Chris Kreider. Or Malgin for Kreider. Perfect fit for the new style of play. We could put him on Tro's LW

I asked what Hayes would cost in the NYR firesale thread and they're asking a 1st and prospect for him and they value kreider more than him so open up that wallet of assets.

I agree though, Kreider would be solid beside Trocheck but so would Hayes, only thing with Hayes is he's a RFA and probably wants a hefty raise on his $2.6 million cap hit.

Kreider would probably be Borgstrom + pick/prospect.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
I asked what Hayes would cost in the NYE firesale thread and they're asking a 1st and prospect for him and they value kreider more than him so open up that wallet of assets.

I agree though, Kreider would be solid beside Trocheck but so would Hayes, only thing with Hayes is he's a RFA and probably wants a hefty raise on his $2.6 million cap hit.

Kreider would probably be Borgstrom + pick/prospect.
Borgstrom is untouchable, imo, unless we're getting a first line winger or #1 d.

Hayes is a center and although he'd be a nice piece, we don't really need him.

Ranger fans tend to run hot and cold with Krieder, probably because he plays hot and cold.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Borgstrom is untouchable, imo, unless we're getting a first line winger or #1 d.

Hayes is a center and although he'd be a nice piece, we don't really need him.

Ranger fans tend to run hot and cold with Krieder, probably because he plays hot and cold.

Ya same for me with Borgstrom. I see him in our top six with Trocheck/Barkov as a LW long term assuming McCann solidifies himself as the 3C going forward.

Hayes is a C but you could use him as a LW beside Trocheck on the 2nd line to be the playmaker he is. Just figured he'd cost less than CK.

They're saying Kreider is their #1LW so that's probably why they're asking for the moon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad