Speculation: Official Fantasy Trade Offers/Armchair GM Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
Which is what we lost in Campbell. He was the key to the teams success imo.

I was thinking about Gudbransson...

moss.gif

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
I think Garrison is worth monitoring to see if Gallant sent him to the Shed.

Send Petrovic for him and I think our D is instantly upgraded.
In case you've forgotten, Campbell was babysitting Garrison too and that was 5-6 years ago (G52 wasn't young either). Back then Soup still had the wheels to recover even when he engaged offensively, Garrison has always had average to below average pace.

He wouldn't be an upgrade on Petro and I'd rather just let Weegar play and get more comfortable to the NHL.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
In case you've forgotten, Campbell was babysitting Garrison too and that was 5-6 years ago (G52 wasn't young either). Back then Soup still had the wheels to recover even when he engaged offensively, Garrison has always had average to below average pace.

He wouldn't be an upgrade on Petro and I'd rather just let Weegar play and get more comfortable to the NHL.

G52 was solid and reliable in Tampa. And he wasnt paired with Heds

Pablo El Perro

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007

From what I remember, Garrison benefited from playing with Weaver as well.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Cccclllaaaaaimmmmmm

Lol. I havent monitored his situation closely. I dont watch Vegas games as in depth as Panthers games, but we all know how Gallant gets.
had nothing to do with Gallant. Vegas needed to shed a defenseman to bring Theodore up from the AHL. No thanks on claiming that 4.6 million dollar contract. would rather have real money spent elsewhere

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
had nothing to do with Gallant. Vegas needed to shed a defenseman to bring Theodore up from the AHL. No thanks on claiming that 4.6 million dollar contract. would rather have real money spent elsewhere
Garrison is only paid 2.5M in actual dollars, which Vegas has partly paid already.

But we don't need him anyway. Maybe down the line if someone gets injured.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Garrison is more of the same. We need a legit top 4 guy if we're going to add a d-man or a bottom 6 forward for the PK, ideally a center to get Mack off the pk.

ShootIt

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 8, 2008
Garrison is more of the same. We need a legit top 4 guy if we're going to add a d-man or a bottom 6 forward for the PK, ideally a center to get Mack off the pk.

Only benefit would be if we were to claim him to then trade off Petrovic, for example, for a bottom 6 forward who is great on the PK.

Reactions: I am not exposed

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Garrison is only paid 2.5M in actual dollars, which Vegas has partly paid already.

But we don't need him anyway. Maybe down the line if someone gets injured.
didn't realize his real money was so low. yea, I wouldn't pick him up either.
Didnt know Shea started the year in the A.

Yea, as great as McPhee handled the expansion draft, he overplayed his hand and took too many defensemen that have to pass through waivers which forced Shea and Shipachyov to the AHL

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
didn't realize his real money was so low. yea, I wouldn't pick him up either.

Yea, as great as McPhee handled the expansion draft, he overplayed his hand and took too many defensemen that have to pass through waivers which forced Shea and Shipachyov to the AHL

I just saw Haula hadnt even been playing.

They activated him from IR which further forced waiving G52

Jakeybonz2

Feb 19, 2017
shipochyev is getting traded by vegas. its all but certain he's not staying with the team now. if he could slot in at 2LW for us that'd be cool. wonder what they'd want for him if they retain salary? I don't know if he can play LW but if so I really wanted him here last year so it'd be cool if it happens better late than never. I'd give them mascherin. he's not trending upward and with all the weirdness this summer he'll prob never play for us anyway. plus with borg tippet and hepo all looking good I don't see a future for him here.

ShootIt

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 8, 2008
I miss Ghaleb

Remember that islander series when that little girl sang the anthem?
She was a daughter of one of VV/Cifu friends. Guess that didn't sit well with Ghaleb that he was getting benched for a kid.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Would you guys do our 2018 2nd round pick (Arizona's) for Filppula? I know it may be a very high 2nd rounder the way Arizona is headed. Filp could provide some decent playmaking skills for Trocheck and could possibly help the PK?

Huberdeau - Barkov - Dadonov
Filppula - Trocheck - Vrbata
Brickley - McCann - Bjugstad
McGinn - Mack - Sceviour

Haley

@Brokin , I did try to get Weal in the deal on the trade thread but the Philly faithful hold onto that waterbug tightly.

Last edited:

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Nope.

This team has to show a heck of a lot more before I would start trading away picks, especially high ones. We aren't one Filppula away from anything spectacular happening.

Just figured it checked off some boxes we need:

1- playmaker for Trocheck
2- could help the PK
3- UFA so he's not tied up long term (he's 33 so we could maybe sign him to a 2yr deal if he performs well, slot him into bottom 6 heading into next year)

When is the time though? How many more drafts do we need? We have our top 6 forwards nearly set for the next little while, our top 4 D is pretty met set.

What do you feel we still need to draft?
I'd say another goalie prospect, another defensive defenseman and maybe a decent bottom 6 grinder type guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad