Speculation: Official Fantasy Trade Offers/Armchair GM Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
I don't know anything about him but if he can't make their roster, why should he be expected to make ours or any other NHL roster?

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
And play where exactly? We already have one center playing wing and another as a healthy scratch (playing now that McCann is injured).

Roster wise not a fit, financially not a fit. The only "connection" he has to the Panthers is a former linemate.

I agree. We need work on defense more than anything, but I guess it depends who goes that way. The only ones that make sense as far as forwards going that way is Bjugstad/McGinn.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
I don't know anything about him but if he can't make their roster, why should he be expected to make ours or any other NHL roster?
The bigger problem is that he has another year left on his contract, the team acquiring him would have to either A) get rid of an equally bad contract the other way, or B) a verbal agreement that they'd terminate his contract next offseason if things don't work out.

Vegas can afford to hold his caphit on the books and doesn't necessarily need to buy him out either, could just loan him to SKA for this and next year.

I agree. We need work on defense more than anything, but I guess it depends who goes that way. The only ones that make sense as far as forwards going that way is Bjugstad/McGinn.
Bjugs to the team we specifically protected him from seems very unlikely.

Trading McGinn this soon after he was acquired would be bad PR and would only make our cap situation worse for next year.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
You know how Gallant is.

And the main thing is the Dadonov connection. They were linemates and good ones in the KHL
Right, I get that but I think our issue is steady reliable defensive forwards right now. We need to upgrade the bottom 6, especially for the PK. A steady vet d-man would be good too.

Or a winger for Trocheck.

Ship doesn't seem to fit any of those roles.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
The bigger problem is that he has another year left on his contract, the team acquiring him would have to either A) get rid of an equally bad contract the other way, or B) a verbal agreement that they'd terminate his contract next offseason if things don't work out.

Vegas can afford to hold his caphit on the books and doesn't necessarily need to buy him out either, could just loan him to SKA for this and next year.

Bjugs to the team we specifically protected him from seems very unlikely.

Trading McGinn this soon after he was acquired would be bad PR and would only make our cap situation worse.
Why doesn't Vegas retain some salary?

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Right, I get that but I think our issue is steady reliable defensive forwards right now. We need to upgrade the bottom 6, especially for the PK. A steady vet d-man would be good too.

Or a winger for Trocheck.

Ship doesn't seem to fit any of those roles.

J-Gar was a scratch last game. Dont know why.

I would be happy with Ship + G52 Bomber for a package of a forward/D or whatever.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Why doesn't Vegas retain some salary?
They could, but it's still over 2 million for a guy that has played 4 games in NA and has fallen out of favour with an expansion franchise, that has no true top6 centers. The road for him to claim that top6 center spot couldn't have been easier.

Personally I'd advice against retaining on contracts that don't end at the end of the season for Vegas. They're gonna have some bad contracts up for trade over the next 2-3 (maybe even 5 years), but not necessarily bad players. Most teams are right against the cap and can't afford to take a deadline rental, unless there's 50% retaining involved.

J-Gar was a scratch last game. Dont know why.

I would be happy with Ship + G52 Bomber for a package of a forward/D or whatever.
Shipachyov and his 4M salary doesn't fit for next season, unless there's a high paid player going the other way. We're gonna be right against the internal cap with Matheson's extension, re-signing McCann and re-signing/replacing Vrbata. Probably can't afford to keep Petro if McCann has a good season, even Vrbata might have to replaced by a rookie.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
They could, but it's still over 2 million for a guy that has played 4 games in NA and has fallen out of favour with an expansion franchise, that has no true top6 centers. The road for him to claim that top6 center spot couldn't have been easier.

Personally I'd advice against retaining on contracts that don't end at the end of the season for Vegas. They're gonna have some bad contracts up for trade over the next 2-3 (maybe even 5 years), but not necessarily bad players. Most teams are right against the cap and can't afford to take a deadline rental, unless there's 50% retaining involved.

Shipachyov and his 4M salary doesn't fit for next season, unless there's a high paid player going the other way. We're gonna be right against the internal cap with Matheson's extension, re-signing McCann and re-signing/replacing Vrbata.

Yandle +

Ship + Garrison.

Watch it happen

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Yandle +

Ship + Garrison.

Watch it happen
Trading Yandle two years into his 7 year contract , who is arguably the biggest UFA signing this franchise has ever made, would be reaaaaaaaaally bad PR. On top of that, we've already traded Demers who took a paycut to sign here.

Good luck getting any high paid UFAs after that.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Trading Yandle two years into his 7 year contract , who is arguably the biggest UFA signing this franchise has ever made, would be reaaaaaaaaally bad PR. On top of that, we've already traded Demers who took a paycut to sign here.

Eh i think that changed when Tallon came back. Players know Tallon wants his guys, and Yandle technically isnt his.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
take mcginn, gallant wants that sandpaper.

Huberdeau-Barkov-Vrbata
McCann-Trocheck-Bjugstad
Brickley-Shipachyov-Dadonov

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012

i was just about to throw out ideas for an ekblad trade, hes in the first year of an 8-year deal :laugh:

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
well andrew shaw is apparently available. incoming trade? :laugh::help: its perfect, he has another whopping 4yrs after this at a high cap hit for his production. its perfect

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
Can Shipachyov play wing?

I know we were connected to him throughout the off-season, so it makes sense that Tallon might circle back now, but I don't really see us giving up very much for him. Unless Vegas just wants to off-load him, then maybe we can just throw a pick and/or a lower tier prospect at them. His salary/cap hit is another issue..Tallon might have some work to do with ownership to take that additional money on, especially if the internal budget stuff is real.

What's the reason he isn't sticking on Vegas main roster, though? I haven't seen him play at all, but doesn't it have more to do with them wanting to avoid putting some of their main roster young guys on waivers?

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
take mcginn, gallant wants that sandpaper.

Huberdeau-Barkov-Vrbata
McCann-Trocheck-Bjugstad
Brickley-Shipachyov-Dadonov

Them taking McGinn won't solve their issue. They would have to acquire McGinn and then immediately waive him (or someone else on the roster).

They are likely going to have to deal him for a waiver exempt player and/or pick(s).

Anyway, we could do 1 of two things (both of which will result in Tippett being sent back to Mississauga).

1. Acquire him and play him on the wing.

Huberdeau - Barkov - Bjugstad/Vrbata
Shipachyov - Trocheck - Dadonov
McGinn - McCann/Malgin - Vrbata/Bjugstad

2. Acquire him and play him at C

Huberdeau - Barkov - Bjugstad/Vrbata
McGinn - Shipachyov/Trocheck - Dadonov
McCann - Trocheck/Shipachyov - Vrbata/Bjugstad

It's honestly probably not a great fit and it doesn't help that we likely won't be able to send back a player to offset salary/cap space to stay within the budget because of LV's roster scenario.

Personally, I prefer option 1 as it allows us to slide McGinn to the bottom 6 where he belongs plus it keeps Trocheck/Ship in the top 6 rather than having to slide one down to 3C. Again, I have no clue if he can play LW or not, so it all depends on that.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
More than anything we need a veteran defensive D to calm these kids down. Yandle isn't it, he can barely hold his own in the defensive zone let alone lead.

edit

ok we need a second line 2W too lol

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
I think Garrison is worth monitoring to see if Gallant sent him to the Shed.

Send Petrovic for him and I think our D is instantly upgraded.

Garrison Ekblad
Yandle Weegar
McCoshen Pysyk

Matheson needs to sit till he learns to fix his bullshit

PK
Barkov McGinn/Brickley/Huberdeau
Garrison Pysyk

Trocheck Sceviour
Yandle/McCoshen Ekblad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad