Speculation: Official Fantasy Trade Offers/Armchair GM Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
this isnt a "proposal" per-say, its a question. i didnt see a "question" prefix so i had to go with "proposal".

long island has calgarys first and second round picks in 2018 and their second round pick in 2019. they also have their own first and second round picks in 18 & 19.

could a combination of draft picks and/or a decent prospect get trocheck to the island?
im not real sure of floridas needs, so please work with me on this.
would ho-sang and calgarys first in 18 do it?
would de haan and calgarys first in 18 do it?

forward prospects that could be added.....bellows and dal colle.
defensive prospects that could be added....pelech and mayfield.
Nope.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
this isnt a "proposal" per-say, its a question. i didnt see a "question" prefix so i had to go with "proposal".

long island has calgarys first and second round picks in 2018 and their second round pick in 2019. they also have their own first and second round picks in 18 & 19.

could a combination of draft picks and/or a decent prospect get trocheck to the island?
im not real sure of floridas needs, so please work with me on this.
would ho-sang and calgarys first in 18 do it?
would de haan and calgarys first in 18 do it?

forward prospects that could be added.....bellows and dal colle.
defensive prospects that could be added....pelech and mayfield.

Why Does FLA do this? We want to stop rebuilding and start contending and trading one of our top 3 forwards for futures that we hope are as good as Trocheck one day, it makes no sense. Think of teams like VAN, DET and VGK for teams that are willing to trade roster players for mostly picks and prospects.

Barkov, Huberdeau and Trocheck are nearly untouchable and part of our forward core for the next 5-6 years.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
our big-3 on offense is barkov, huberdeau, and trocheck. we're not trading our 2nd line center (with no one to replace him), at his age, at his production, the way he works and competes, on a great contract for the next 5yrs. not for picks and prospects, we'd just get worse and theres no need to when he's under contract the way that he is. only way would be to package him in some larger deal for a very impactful winger to play on the top line. and depending on who it is i wouldnt even be comfortable doing that with no replacement for 2nd line center, maybe when borgstrom shows he can handle it but we're still a couple years from that.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
There's always someone asking "how could we offload your young stars at least cost to us, because your team ain't gonna be needing them anyway?"

patthebat

Sep 2, 2016
Fort Lauderdale
Found this interesting.

Maybe we are getting a new D man. Jacob Trouba from Winnipeg bought a condo at the new Auberge in Fort Lauderdale. You don't buy a condo to spend the SUMMERS in Florida.!! I would love him on our team. Also would love the condo. NY post article 8/31/2017

Last edited:

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Maybe we are getting a new D man. Jacob Trouba from Winnipeg bought a condo at the new Auberge in Fort Lauderdale. You don't buy a condo to spend the SUMMERS in Florida.!! I would love him on our team. Also would love the condo.
Lots of players own houses/properties in Florida, both current and former NHLers that haven't played for the Panthers.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Maybe we are getting a new D man. Jacob Trouba from Winnipeg bought a condo at the new Auberge in Fort Lauderdale. You don't buy a condo to spend the SUMMERS in Florida.!! I would love him on our team. Also would love the condo. NY post article 8/31/2017

If you lived in Winnipeg for half the year, you'd probably buy a spot anywhere warm like Florida. Doubt this is trade related but he'd be a welcomed addition for sure but don't see where he fits in on the already crowded right side.

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
^He knows Ollie Jokinen from their year together in 13-14. Ollie has his hockey school here and Trouba just gives him one more player that will spend some time here in the summer to help teach and skate with the many other NHL'ers that own a place. He likely doesn't have a lot of money at this point in his career but could easily afford the minimum $1.5M to buy a place. His RFA is up next year and he will get a considerable raise wherever he winds up.

Players unfortunately don't understand the risk of ownership in Ft. Lauderdale. The elevation is very low compared to Boca Raton and areas North that are on the ocean or intracoastal waterway. The bldg looks solid and Billionaire Perez has the deep pockets to develop a first class resort in Auberge. Code likely makes it mandatory for Impact Glass but the kicker is the insurance. Two insurers both owned by the Gov't (Citizens for Wind and NFIP for Flood) are likely a house of cards in a $250B hit from a Class 5 storm. The NFIP will definitely need additional funding as I believe they only have cash reserves of $8.5B to pay out what will surely be substantially higher claims once all is said and done with Harvey. Congress will have to make some hard decisions on raising the debt ceiling in the next few months. :)

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
lol Brokin

It's probably some combination of doing it for tax purposes, a possible homestead exemption, an investment, and a vacation home.

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
^Sure it's an investment as plenty of players own down here because they expect the values to continue to rise. One good Class 4 or 5 hurricane and he'll be selling the place at .50 on the dollar. He may not be interested in working for a week or two at Jokinen's but I would expect Ollie to ask him. Also, it wouldn't be unheard of for him to partake in informal workouts at the Ice Den with current and former NHL players in July and August to get ready for the season.

Homestead exemption could apply if he plans on making this his primary residence and renting wherever he ends up playing next season. His tax attorney will figure that out for him and whether it's more prudent to rent the place out until he's ready to retire.

My advice would have been to look at condo's Boca and North where the beach is more elevated as they don't get that crap from the New River/Intracoastal that outflows into the ocean at low tide from Port Everglades. Up where Tiger Woods, Greg Norman and many other athletes live in Jupiter is prime clean water and elevations are higher making catastrophic flooding less probable.

To stay on topic.......no, he'll never come to Florida to play. :)

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Rich Nash to fill that second line LW spot.

thanks
Unlikely, since we have no money coming off the books for next year. Matheson already got a huge raise, Petrovic is a RFA (1.85M currently), McCann is a RFA (900k-ish), Brickley is a RFA (750k), Weegar is a RFA (675k), Sceviour is a UFA (950k) and Vrbata is a UFA (2.5M, 3.75M with bonuses).

Currently next season projects to be (without all of the above RFAs & UFAs) 63.4M caphit and 61.8M actual salary. If the mandate is still to stick close to 65M, that leaves only 3.2M to play with. Safe to say Petro/Sceviour/Vrbata are gone in that case and replaced by younger cheaper players from within the organization. Weegar/Brown takes Petro's spot, Hawryluk takes Sceviour's spot and Malgin/Mamin/Haapala/Tippett takes Vrbata's spot.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
Unlikely, since we have no money coming off the books for next year. Matheson already got a huge raise, Petrovic is a RFA (1.85M currently), McCann is a RFA (900k-ish), Brickley is a RFA (750k), Weegar is a RFA (675k), Sceviour is a UFA (950k) and Vrbata is a UFA (2.5M, 3.75M with bonuses).

Currently next season projects to be (without all of the above RFAs & UFAs) 63.4M caphit and 61.8M actual salary. If the mandate is still to stick close to 65M, that leaves only 3.2M to play with. Safe to say Petro/Sceviour/Vrbata are gone in that case and replaced by younger cheaper players from within the organization. Weegar/Brown takes Petro's spot, Hawryluk takes Sceviour's spot and Malgin/Mamin/Haapala/Tippett takes Vrbata's spot.

Ok ok... let a man dream lol.

But yeah, I was kind of hoping that this internal cap would go away if they have success this year. Maybe that Bolland deal was nail to the coffin for DT's spending, Viola cap strapped him just to make sure he won't go nuts in FA again. We are so screwed if it's a permanent internal cap.

Nash would be a great 2-way addition though. Would be a 2-3 year stop gap until Borg etc are ready and since he's around 40 point guy nowadays it wouldn't be too expensive.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
i have a feeling tho that yandle wont make it. one of the big-3 on d between ekblad, matheson, and yandle wont be here and its too much money wrapped up. i think petro is traded and weegar comes in fulltime next season. but between the big-3 guys, ekblad was a tallon 1st oa pick and matheson just signed an 8-year deal and a tallon pick. chances are yandle is out. also you can retain some to trade bjugstad and make way for borgstrom, who'd be on an elc. vrbata out and tippett's elc in. weegar would come in cheaper than petro. so i think theyll have money to work with.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
If the internal cap doesn't go up, we're screwed and we'll never be good enough to compete on a high level for any length of time.
Not defending the owners much, but the internal cap could be a way to enforce VALUE. It is no good to spend to the cap on mediocres like Kulikov or only near-stars like Nash. Thus, if value is there, I don't see why the owners wouldn't go up to the cap. Value yields results; price doesn't.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
Galchenyuk on the 4th line for the Habs...He’d make an ideal 2LW to plug that hole. Montreal needs centers so I would easily do Malgin and some picks. The money question probably stops this.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
I'd give up next year's 1st for Chucky.

Start from there. Any other time I would have said McCann but he looks really damn good right now.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Ok ok... let a man dream lol.

But yeah, I was kind of hoping that this internal cap would go away if they have success this year. Maybe that Bolland deal was nail to the coffin for DT's spending, Viola cap strapped him just to make sure he won't go nuts in FA again. We are so screwed if it's a permanent internal cap.

Nash would be a great 2-way addition though. Would be a 2-3 year stop gap until Borg etc are ready and since he's around 40 point guy nowadays it wouldn't be too expensive.
Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have Nash. The budget doesn't seem to allow it though.

Galchenyuk on the 4th line for the Habs...He’d make an ideal 2LW to plug that hole. Montreal needs centers so I would easily do Malgin and some picks. The money question probably stops this.
I don't see a fit here. The whole point of him wanting out has been that he wants to play center and he's never in a million years getting a chance at that here.

My guess is that Habs and Avs swap disgruntled players, Duchene for Galchenyuk and some other pieces involved.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
If the internal cap doesn't go up, we're screwed and we'll never be good enough to compete on a high level for any length of time.

Sorry that post here listen like you dont understand hockey or the Hockey Buisness. No Owner would spend the max Cap for a long time, cause it would make no sense if nothing come back. So your grow your own Player or start getting some Star Player and build around them.
If you consistent in the PO, you could start to go on the max. to bring in the Cup. But that are making only Teams who are consistene in PO or all Year Conference Team. Till then you dont spend till the max.
I repeat myself you post looks stupid to me.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Sorry that post here listen like you dont understand hockey or the Hockey Buisness. No Owner would spend the max Cap for a long time, cause it would make no sense if nothing come back. So your grow your own Player or start getting some Star Player and build around them.
If you consistent in the PO, you could start to go on the max. to bring in the Cup. But that are making only Teams who are consistene in PO or all Year Conference Team. Till then you dont spend till the max.
I repeat myself you post looks stupid to me.
If they keep an internal cap at what it is now, it won't allow us to compete on an even playing field because more teams will have more money to field a better roster. Not complicated at all. We won't be able to keep players because we simply won't be able to spend the money to do so.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
I agree 100% we should go after him.

Malgin won't be enough unfortunately. They'll want a big top 6 center.

Last edited:

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
If they keep an internal cap at what it is now, it won't allow us to compete on an even playing field because more teams will have more money to field a better roster. Not complicated at all. We won't be able to keep players because we simply won't be able to spend the money to do so.

We make it simple you are a Buisnesmess and try to get a Company going, you don´t invest in a company till your money run out when you see no future or developing chance in the people working there. Sure you can bring in mercenary from outside, to make your team stronger. But you can´t plan with this Guys cause they go if they find a better chance.

So the only chance is that your own people getting so good, that the company getting so good. That people from outside pleased to work for you and you can start planning where i wanna go.

The only Problem we have our Owner trusted a person, no one knows what he could do and ruined the Company badly.

Please People stop Dreaming, that people throwing Money out of the Window. Special when they run a own Buisness and know how it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad