Speculation: Official Fantasy Trade Offers/Armchair GM Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreChamps
Jul 13, 2013
I know Tallon is very loyal to anyone he drafts but I can't see them signing Guds as it would mean they will trade one of Pysyk or sign and trade Petro. Guds just ices the puck too much for my liking and his body is breaking down with the fights and big hits. If you're right and they do bring him back it will be interesting to see what kind of $$ he demands if he has a solid year with the Canucks. That was part of the reason they traded him in the first place. :)

If you move Demers I don't see any reason why Pysyk or Petrovic have to be moved to keep Gudbranson.

I don't think he will have a good year with the Canucks and I think the chances of that are low. He's never been "good" and that team is really bad so they can't protect him.

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
If you move Demers I don't see any reason why Pysyk or Petrovic have to be moved to keep Gudbranson.

I don't think he will have a good year with the Canucks and I think the chances of that are low. He's never been "good" and that team is really bad so they can't protect him.
In a perfect world you want even pairings as Ekblad, Pysyk, Petrovic, and Guds are all RHD. That leaves Matheson and Yandle as the only LHD and no room to move McCoshen up from the AHL. Pysyk or Petro could play their off side but with all the problems the D had last year it just may add to the confusion. :)

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
i think yandle, petrovic, and demers could all very well be gone by the start of next season (not this year).

ekblad, matheson, and pysyk should all be keepers. mccoshen and/or weegar will be up. leaves a spot open for another d or two. wouldnt be surprised if they signed gudbranson and someone else.

???-Ekblad
Matheson-Pysyk
McCoshen-Weegar

could see gudbranson in pysyk's place and pysyk in weegar's spot if brought in:

???-Ekblad
Matheson-Gudbranson
McCoshen-Pysyk

no deal around gudbranson should exceed 4per.

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
i think yandle, petrovic, and demers could all very well be gone by the start of next season (not this year).

ekblad, matheson, and pysyk should all be keepers. mccoshen and/or weegar will be up. leaves a spot open for another d or two. wouldnt be surprised if they signed gudbranson and someone else.

???-Ekblad
Matheson-Pysyk
McCoshen-Weegar

could see gudbranson in pysyk's place and pysyk in weegar's spot if brought in:

???-Ekblad
Matheson-Gudbranson
McCoshen-Pysyk

no deal around gudbranson should exceed 4per.
$4M per for Guds. Geez, what the world has come to. All because the guy was drafted 3rd overall.

Let me give an analogy of guys who are twins separated at birth. IMO, Guds at 25 is a carbon copy of Adam McQuaid at the same age. The difference is McQuaid was making $1.56M and Guds $3.5M. McQuaid is now 30 and possesses IMO a better defensive game but has similar assets and liabilities. Both can intimidate and enforce. Both have a problem staying healthy. Both are 3rd pair defencemen who ice the puck a lot. McQuaid is making $2.75M and has earned it because he is now more sound defensively with his positioning and gaps than Guds. Guds can certainly catch back up as he nears 30 as I think he is smart enough to play a more conservative style rather than taking away his position and gaps with a big hit.

I would be shocked if he is signed after this season. :)

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
$4M per for Guds. Geez, what the world has come to. All because the guy was drafted 3rd overall.

Let me give an analogy of guys who are twins separated at birth. IMO, Guds at 25 is a carbon copy of Adam McQuaid at the same age. The difference is McQuaid was making $1.56M and Guds $3.5M. McQuaid is now 30 and possesses IMO a better defensive game but has similar assets and liabilities. Both can intimidate and enforce. Both have a problem staying healthy. Both are 3rd pair defencemen who ice the puck a lot. McQuaid is making $2.75M and has earned it because he is now more sound defensively with his positioning and gaps than Guds. Guds can certainly catch back up as he nears 30 as I think he is smart enough to play a more conservative style rather than taking away his position and gaps with a big hit.

I would be shocked if he is signed after this season. :)

As the payroll is increasingly concentrated on a handful of guy in competitive teams, Gud's agent is going to have hard time justifying even the current salary what Guds is making. I'd say that the talent level in the league has gone way up in the last 2-4 years that the bottom pairing dmen are primarily entry level contracts or otherwise on a budget deals which Guds have no chance at competing at the current salary. He has to take a major discount in his next contract unless he suddenly becomes a point producer.

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
As the payroll is increasingly concentrated on a handful of guy in competitive teams, Gud's agent is going to have hard time justifying even the current salary what Guds is making. I'd say that the talent level in the league has gone way up in the last 2-4 years that the bottom pairing dmen are primarily entry level contracts or otherwise on a budget deals which Guds have no chance at competing at the current salary. He has to take a major discount in his next contract unless he suddenly becomes a point producer.
We traded him after signing him for $3.5M and the nucks had to send him a qualifying offer for the same amount to retain his rights this season. They are gambling that he will turn it around and be good enough to become an asset that they can move at the TDL for a late 2nd or 3rd round pick. If they can't move him, this will be his round up with them and they will forgo any qualifying offer at the end of the season. He will be a UFA at that point and we'll see if DT makes a move. :)

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012

i said he SHOULDNT exceed that, nor hit that number :laugh: ive been adamant about that for the longest time.

id prefer something like 2.7-2.9per, have a feeling he's gonna end up getting over 3 tho. especially with tallon doing the signings.

harv33173

Oct 5, 2003
imo, yandle stays. he is excellent at what he does and his salary is in line with his talent. would also like to keep petro if the contract is right say $3 or so.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
imo, yandle stays. he is excellent at what he does and his salary is in line with his talent. would also like to keep petro if the contract is right say $3 or so.

I'd say that the current D-core (minus Demers) + McCoshen has job security into the foreseeable future. Downing, Schemitch, Weegar and Brown have at least some potential to be a bottom pairing dmen but that'll attribute to their probable departure from this organization when their agents start to demand 1-way deals or they become UFAs. I'd start looking at Stillman, Gildon and Inamoto as potential top4 dmen after 4-5 years from now.

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
Matheson is going to be 24 next year (when his ELC expires). If he takes another step forward this season, you have to think he'll be looking for a long-term deal. With the way top 4 D are being paid right now, it wouldn't surprise me if he's going to sit in the same ballpark as Demers in terms of salary. This makes me believe that Demers will be gone by next summer as they'll probably want that money/space to pay Matheson and/or Petro as well.

I just don't see the benefit of doing a bridge deal with Matheson at this point. Unless he really struggles this season, I think we have to lock him up for at least 5-6 years.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Matheson is going to be 24 next year (when his ELC expires). If he takes another step forward this season, you have to think he'll be looking for a long-term deal. With the way top 4 D are being paid right now, it wouldn't surprise me if he's going to sit in the same ballpark as Demers in terms of salary. This makes me believe that Demers will be gone by next summer as they'll probably want that money/space to pay Matheson and/or Petro as well.

I just don't see the benefit of doing a bridge deal with Matheson at this point. Unless he really struggles this season, I think we have to lock him up for at least 5-6 years.

And i would have no Problem with that. I could remember how many People was happy we pick him. He showed early a lot of promises, how good he could be.
Top4 was for him the lowest Goal, from scout and expert expectations. Now with the next right steps he look more like top4 to Top Pairing Defensman.
So i likely would give him a contract like Demers and still had no problem with that.

But now there is now a different fact or Problem.
Let us say, we have also next Year the Cap of 65 Mio. But the only contract that are running out next year. is the Contract of Vrbata and Sceviour. That makes 3,5 Mio open Cap.
Other ones are Petrovics RFA and Matheson RFA Contract. Lets say we play with some of the promising prospects next Season. There is still no Cap Space to re-sign both Petrovic and Matheson.

That brings up two Option, we open Cap Space on TD when we are not even near a PO place or raise the Cap to max. next Season that we are able to re-sign both promising D-Man.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
if the rumors about Pastrnak are true, should we go all in? 21yrs old, plays RW (can play both sides), just scored 34g and 70pt, where can you realistically find an asset like that? i know it goes against the whole internal cap thing but assuming that doesnt exist what would you offer?

considering they need LD especially with this being chara's last year under contract, and being in on the yandle talks when he wa a ufa, he's from Massachusetts. Yandle + 1st '18 + what else? or Yandle + Tippet for patsrnak and a cap dump? if theyre taking yandle's contract and the reason they wouldnt resign pastrnak is because of contract talks then we'd have to take some salary back id imagine.

i don't think he goes anywhere and they resign him, but still, just for fun I'm curious to hear some proposals.

Last edited:

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
^Bruins hold all the cards unless someone offer sheets him or he holds out well into the season. Don't see either of those things happening even if it takes to the last day of training camp to get him signed to a bridge or 6 yr deal.

If a trade were possible it would cost us at least Tro (Boston needs young center) +a #1. Then you would have to sign him long term at around $7M per for 6 yrs. This McDavid deal really screwed GM's around the league. Boston has their players slotted and he falls in just behind Marchand. The slotting just went out the window if they want him long term. :)

Last edited:

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
^Bruins hold all the cards unless someone offer sheets him or he holds out well into the season. Don't see either of those things happening even if it takes to the last day of training camp to get him signed to a bridge or 6 yr deal.

If a trade were possible it would cost us at least Tro (Boston needs young center) +a #1. Then you would have to sign him long term at around $7M per for 6 yrs. This McDavid deal really screwed GM's around the league. Boston has their players slotted and he falls in just behind Marchand. The slotting just went out the window if they want him long term. :)

I know they have McAvoy, but they could probably use another promising young dman for depth with Chara possibly heading into his last year.

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
^Want to get creative? Swap Tro for Krejci and include McCoshen, Hawryluk, McCann and a 1st for Pasta all in one big package.

In all seriousness I don't see them moving Pasta. They may have to pay him to keep him but they have the Cap space. :)

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
^Want to get creative? Swap Tro for Krejci and include McCoshen, Hawryluk, McCann and a 1st for Pasta all in one big package.

In all seriousness I don't see them moving Pasta. They may have to pay him to keep him but they have the Cap space. :)

There's no way in real terms anyone will give enough for them to part with Pasternak.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012

ichabod13

Oct 5, 2010
Baltimore Maryland
long island and florida

this isnt a "proposal" per-say, its a question. i didnt see a "question" prefix so i had to go with "proposal".

long island has calgarys first and second round picks in 2018 and their second round pick in 2019. they also have their own first and second round picks in 18 & 19.

could a combination of draft picks and/or a decent prospect get trocheck to the island?
im not real sure of floridas needs, so please work with me on this.
would ho-sang and calgarys first in 18 do it?
would de haan and calgarys first in 18 do it?

forward prospects that could be added.....bellows and dal colle.
defensive prospects that could be added....pelech and mayfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad