Speculation: Official Fantasy Trade Offers/Armchair GM Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
Why would we even want Duchene? Our centers are good (minus Bjugstad).

We need wingers, not more centers.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
I think that Duchene is vastly overrated, especially by Sakic. Duchene isn't an excellent forward because his usefulness is limited to offense. Even if Matt was an excellent 60pts, two-way forward, Sakic is reaching if a package of Hamonic, a promising prospect and a 1st round pick isn't enough for him. The Avs aren't probably going to trade him because accepting something less than what the Isles offered is going to get him fired on the spot. Joe knows that he's on the chopping block and he's just playing against time before he gets fired.

Last edited:

Little Bobby Boo

Jul 30, 2014
When the whole board agrees with Brokin on something, you know it HAS to be right.

But I agree, hard pass on Duchene.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Demers (25% retained) for Jamie McGinn (who has 2 yrs, $3.3m/AAV left on his deal).

We just hired Scott Allen as AC, so Demers knowledge of the system would be beneficial.

ichabod13

Oct 5, 2010
Baltimore Maryland
a trade proposal

im not sure if it would work or not, but im curious so ill ask...........

long island has calgarys 1st and 2nd round draft picks for 2018, they also have calgarys 2nd round pick in 2019......if garth put those picks together and threw in brock nelson, would that be enough to get trocheck?

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
im not sure if it would work or not, but im curious so ill ask...........

long island has calgarys 1st and 2nd round draft picks for 2018, they also have calgarys 2nd round pick in 2019......if garth put those picks together and threw in brock nelson, would that be enough to get trocheck?

It probably is but I still wouldn't do it. Those picks would just be gambles that we get a player like Trocheck. Nelson is a good player but a slight downgrade from Tro.

ShootIt

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 8, 2008
Wish we could/would take some fliers on guys like Chiasson, Winnik, King or Stafford.

Bottom 6 guys who should sign for dirt cheap. Chiasson at least can PK well.
At worst, they don't hurt us if they stink/some young guy beats them out. Cheap experienced depth.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Wish we could/would take some fliers on guys like Chiasson, Winnik, King or Stafford.

Bottom 6 guys who should sign for dirt cheap. Chiasson at least can PK well.
At worst, they don't hurt us if they stink/some young guy beats them out. Cheap experienced depth.

We all know how much Tallon loves the guys he has drafted and that's not going to change even though no one is denying that the FA still has a few interesting names. I'd reckon that Tallon is going to decrease his participation in the FA when he has plenty of options to consider just from the prospect pool. If our amateur scouting so great then it doesn't make sense to acquire road blocks from the FA.

Bure1096

Mar 6, 2007
Florida
Is it a bad thing that Tallon likes his draft picks? I'm glad he's giving them a shot at playing, hell I'd play for someone like that.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
On the main board, there's something like

JVR for McCann, Demers, 3rd round pick

What do ya'll think?

Seems a little steep for JVR who only has one year left on his contract. But it would improve our wing depth. And they obviously want to get rid of Demers. Not entirely sold on McCann either.

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014

What do ya'll think?
You forgot the guy wants to throw in Fehr, Marincin, and Marchenko. That's 3 non performing assets that allows the Leafs to dump $4.5M in our lap for a year + a rental in JVR for a year at $4M+. That would bring us $8M over the internal hard cap. It's a fantasy.

I don't see us having interest in JVR for any reason. He is going to UFA the following year for the big bucks and even with him we would be giving up McCann and a 3rd + we would be over the internal hard Cap by 3 or 4 million.

Never understood the Gudsbranson for Demers trade as Tallon still would have been substantially above the hard Cap unless they planned on buying out Nick or Guds. :)

Last edited:

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
We are at $64.1M with 18 players that include Demers. If the trade had gone thru, then we swap Demers for Guds and the cap hit is reduced to $63.1M.

So we fill out 2 roster spots to bring us to 20 with Haapala and Mamin that will bring us to $64.8M. 3 more roster spots left that will put us at a minimum $1.5M over the hard cap and could be as high as $2.5M with 3 unsigned decent UFA players willing to play for an average of $850K per.

If Viola is going to tow the mark with Tallon on the internal Cap of $65M, then somebody has to go. Since IMO it is doubtful they intended to resign Guds after this season as their prospect depth in the AHL needs NHL playing time, then buying him out would cost a one time hit of $2M. I think trading him would be as difficult as trading Nick right now without a show me season under his belt that he can stay healthy and produce. In a trade, they may get lucky if they are willing to eat between $1M and $1.5 of his $3.5M one year contract. Nick was just a throw in that came to the top of my head but in reality he will get his show me season because Tallon promised him.

What are your thoughts? :)

ShootIt

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 8, 2008

What do ya'll think?

Easy yes.

Improves our top 6.

Cap hits are the same this year give or take.

McCann could or could not pan out, but with JVR we get a proven player.

A 3rd is a 3rd. Crap shoot

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreChamps
Jul 13, 2013
We are at $64.1M with 18 players that include Demers. If the trade had gone thru, then we swap Demers for Guds and the cap hit is reduced to $63.1M.

So we fill out 2 roster spots to bring us to 20 with Haapala and Mamin that will bring us to $64.8M. 3 more roster spots left that will put us at a minimum $1.5M over the hard cap and could be as high as $2.5M with 3 unsigned decent UFA players willing to play for an average of $850K per.

If Viola is going to tow the mark with Tallon on the internal Cap of $65M, then somebody has to go. Since IMO it is doubtful they intended to resign Guds after this season as their prospect depth in the AHL needs NHL playing time, then buying him out would cost a one time hit of $2M. I think trading him would be as difficult as trading Nick right now without a show me season under his belt that he can stay healthy and produce. In a trade, they may get lucky if they are willing to eat between $1M and $1.5 of his $3.5M one year contract. Nick was just a throw in that came to the top of my head but in reality he will get his show me season because Tallon promised him.

What are your thoughts? :)

I think they will be slightly over, the 65 million exact number was probably because they thought they would be able to get Guds back. There is nowhere else for them to cut salary, already at the bare minimum.

Gudbranson was not going to be bought out lol, do you know Dale Tallon? Again, I am expecting a multiple year contract for him July 1st.

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
Gudbranson was not going to be bought out lol, do you know Dale Tallon? Again, I am expecting a multiple year contract for him July 1st.
I know Tallon is very loyal to anyone he drafts but I can't see them signing Guds as it would mean they will trade one of Pysyk or sign and trade Petro. Guds just ices the puck too much for my liking and his body is breaking down with the fights and big hits. If you're right and they do bring him back it will be interesting to see what kind of $$ he demands if he has a solid year with the Canucks. That was part of the reason they traded him in the first place. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad