Speculation: Official Fantasy Trade Offers/Armchair GM Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Is there any info if Vanek stay in Florida or did he go to the next Team??
Giving Vanek 1 or 2 year contract cant hurt the Team. Love his Game what he brought up in the end of the Season, shining out of the most Player around him.

Gotta wonder if he's a fit for the new coach. His lack of defensive game may mean he's not coming back. I agree though, on a one year deal he may be a good signing. Too early to commit to a guy like him.

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
If he is available I really hope the Panthers are trying for Galchenyuk, he would be the perfect winger for Bjugstad.

Galchenyuk should not be on the third line with a center with no vision. If anything Bjug could be a winger on Galchenyuk's line

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Gotta wonder if he's a fit for the new coach. His lack of defensive game may mean he's not coming back. I agree though, on a one year deal he may be a good signing. Too early to commit to a guy like him.

But when you clearly watched his Game his Hockey IQ was far over the rest of Panthers. Even a Player like trocheck who have a good understanding for positioning and play with and without puck was surprised of some Vanek passes.
Not that the pass was wrong, only his Teammates doesnt reach his kind of Game, what was in near any situation the right way to play.

But enough to that. So we loosed to winger to Vegas.

The current Situation:
HUB/BAR/????
???/Trocheck/???
Malgin/Bjug/Jokk
???/Mac/Sceviour

4 Winger position are open, 3 of them Top 6 Winger Position. Not to mention my 3rd line from the current Roster has to natural Center in it.
Jagr situation still unclear, questable if we still want him when we want go faster. Nothign about Jagr great Player and Person, but his speed is not the Top of the League.
Vanek situation also unclear, said he feeled well in Florida possible Winger.
Not so much trade rumors around the Panthers. Not seeing anything happend.
Current projected cap 58Mio from 75Mio max Cap, give us a space of 17 Mio lets say 15-16, cause you always let a bit open if something unknown happend.

Maybe the last open spot get into a young Player from our Team or one of last Singings. Still a handful Wingers in our System.

FA Candidates:
LW: Vanek, i mean it serious versteeg played to good with the Flames,
RW: Radulov, Oshie, Justin Williams, Gagner (maybe :D)

The list is short not so much to gather furing this FA.
For my own the first good note would be signing Vanek he lacks in defensive play, but his offensive skill is top.

I like Radulov sure there is no team who would say i dont need a 60+ Point player, but his charachter very own.

Williams would be a Dream signing i love how he play Hockey, but we would not the only Team going after it.

Same counts for Oshie after not so good years belongs from the Olympic Situation, he quiet found his way back in WSH.

Radluv and Oshie would be the most expensive Player in this Year FA. Justin Williams maybe is a bit Cheaper to get, then the other two.
Vanek maybe in the same price Area as Justin Williams is.

Most possible is that one Williams or Oshie possible stay in WSH since the WSH GM already announced that he wanna keep one of them. No matter of RFA Contract signing situation in Washington and a lot of top Players are UFA.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Coming over from HFNYR.

If the Rangers decide to blow it up. Is there any chance of a deal involving McDonagh to Florida for a Barkov or Trocheck headlined deal. Rangers also have wingers to spare.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Coming over from HFNYR.

If the Rangers decide to blow it up. Is there any chance of a deal involving McDonagh to Florida for a Barkov or Trocheck headlined deal. Rangers also have wingers to spare.

Barkov, never in your life. Trocheck, value isn't bad, but no.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Barkov, never in your life. Trocheck, value isn't bad, but no.

Why not? At least the Trocheck package.

Barkov thought might be available due to injury concern. Trocheck is certainly fair value and give Ekblad a great running mate. McDonagh is best friends with Bjugstad as well. Very good fit in Florida.

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
Why not? At least the Trocheck package.

Barkov thought might be available due to injury concern. Trocheck is certainly fair value and give Ekblad a great running mate. McDonagh is best friends with Bjugstad as well. Very good fit in Florida.

Lmao not a chance on a Barkov.

How about we trade you Bjugstad for JT Miller then he and McDonagh can be closer together.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I don't see us trading arguably the best player on our roster last year for defense when we already have so many holes on offense as it is.

The Rangers certainly have wingers to spare and a McDonagh-Ekblad pairing would be pretty great.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Get Rick nash instead of zucc. He is cheaper to acquire, would be a great fit on either top two lines and his contract is one year long. Plus he can play PK

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
He asked for Barkov. lol

And there's no reason to trade Trocheck.

I mean Ryan McDonagh isn't chopped liver. Barkov is a bit of an injury risk and I didn't know if Trocheck had surpassed him or not. The reason to trade Trocheck is to get one of the best defenders on the NHL. One that can partner the most important player on your team, and cover you if Ekblad gets more concussion issues.

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
I mean Ryan McDonagh isn't chopped liver. Barkov is a bit of an injury risk and I didn't know if Trocheck had surpassed him or not. The reason to trade Trocheck is to get one of the best defenders on the NHL. One that can partner the most important player on your team, and cover you if Ekblad gets more concussion issues.

The most important player on the team is Barkov. It's not even close imo.
McDonagh is great and would make this team much better, but trading away Trocheck for him would not make sense since, has you pointed out, Barkov is injury prone. So the Panthers need a very good #2C.

What the Panthers need is one or two scoring wingers to pair with their centers. The defense can be fine imo with a good coach (something we hopefully have now).

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

Maybe I'm a bias Finn but I'd say that Barkov. He's 21y elite 2way C.

Florida is in no shape to trade more forwards with their W depth.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017

And that's great, except we have way more issues with our offence than defence.
We currently have Barkov, Huberdeau and Trocheck as our Top6 forwards. Jokinen is signed for just one more year and on the decline, Bjugstad is a huge question mark. That's our top 9 - Barkov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, and then Jokinen + Bjugstad. Sure we've got some prospects but they're currently unproven or simply not ready. I know people often throw around the term "untouchable", but for us Barkov-Tro-Huby are untouchable right now if this team is to have anything resembling success in the next three years.
So, not dealing either of them unless the value is crazily disbalanced in our favor (and even then, it would depend on what players were coming back).

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
And that's great, except we have way more issues with our offence than defence.
We currently have Barkov, Huberdeau and Trocheck as our Top6 forwards. Jokinen is signed for just one more year and on the decline, Bjugstad is a huge question mark. That's our top 9 - Barkov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, and then Jokinen + Bjugstad. Sure we've got some prospects but they're currently unproven or simply not ready. I know people often throw around the term "untouchable", but for us Barkov-Tro-Huby are untouchable right now if this team is to have anything resembling success in the next three years.
So, not dealing either of them unless the value is crazily disbalanced in our favor (and even then, it would depend on what players were coming back).

He knows that he's reaching. He also knows that the Rags are about to enter into a rebuild and/or a land of mediocrity and no one is lining up to help the Rags. Once Lundqvist is officially on the brink of a retirement, Rags aren't going to be competitive for years to come. Trading Stepan and Raanta signaled that the end of an era is near for everyone involved with the Rags. Their trade proposals are exuding desperation and no one is touching their over the hill-crap.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
I mean, unless you got McDavid in your back pocket, you're not getting Barkov. He is the most important player in our franchise. And considering the point in history where our franchise is, he might be the most important player in the franchises history.
A franchise centerman (those are worth freaking gold in this league) for a franchise who's never had one before (now multiply being worth gold x10), plus he's not even 22 years old yet. No, that not getting traded.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I mean, unless you got McDavid in your back pocket, you're not getting Barkov. He is the most important player in our franchise. And considering the point in history where our franchise is, he might be the most important player in the franchises history.
A franchise centerman (those are worth freaking gold in this league) for a franchise who's never had one before (now multiply being worth gold x10), plus he's not even 22 years old yet. No, that not getting traded.

I'm not talking about Barkov anymore.

I'm talking about Trocheck now.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
He knows that he's reaching. He also knows that the Rags are about to enter into a rebuild and/or a land of mediocrity and no one is lining up to help the Rags. Once Lundqvist is officially on the brink of a retirement, Rags aren't going to be competitive for years to come. Trading Stepan and Raanta signaled that the end of an era is near for everyone involved with the Rags. Their trade proposals are exuding desperation and no one is touching their over the hill-crap.

I don't think McDonagh is in that category.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad