Speculation: Official Fantasy Trade Offers/Armchair GM Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DrMom9900

Nov 2, 2011
I'm not talking about Barkov anymore.

I'm talking about Trocheck now.

Can't trade Tro. Just got a slick, fresh new and improved super aerodynamic hyper-ventilating PANTHERS 2017 HOME JERSEY pressed by Viola himself. Can't trade him.

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
i think the trade is fair with it being tro.. i just don't think it would happen. He is a Tallon guy.. and fan favorite. Of course an allstar as well.. We just cant afford to give him up unless a gross overpayment and that wouldn't happen from NYR.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
I mean Ryan McDonagh isn't chopped liver. Barkov is a bit of an injury risk and I didn't know if Trocheck had surpassed him or not. The reason to trade Trocheck is to get one of the best defenders on the NHL. One that can partner the most important player on your team, and cover you if Ekblad gets more concussion issues.

McDonagh is a great piece but Trocheck along with Barkov are the guys that just aren't getting traded. Someone like Huberdeau maybe but even that doesn't make sense because we severely lack offense and especially wingers. And we'll need more of them next year when Jags & Jokinen are done.

Offense is the one place we can't trade away from.

Dessloch

DOPS keeping NHL players unsafe like its their job
Nov 29, 2005
Trade Luongo to dump salary if Demers cant be given away?

dave_no

Mar 27, 2006
Hi guy, What would you say about exchanging Ian McCoshen for Mirco Mueller? Similar players I think. Yeah, probably unreal, but hypothetical ...

Last edited:

Dessloch

DOPS keeping NHL players unsafe like its their job
Nov 29, 2005
Luongo would be even harder to trade. He was really bad last season, was injured and is old.

Yeah, nobody would pick him up. Maybe send a few draft picks to Vegas and they take Luongo/Demers/Bjugstad and buy them out? Vegas values there draft picks. Plenty of teams with deep pockets out there....

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Maybe someone will take Demers if DT sweetens the deal and gives up Tro or Barky. Yeah, the more I think about it, that's the new DT.

SimbaThePanther

Jul 3, 2015
Sweden
Maybe someone will take Demers if DT sweetens the deal and gives up Tro or Barky. Yeah, the more I think about it, that's the new DT.

Not a chance. If you truly belive that is how Dale does things, you are the one that has lost it. ;) Yeah, a little extra will be required if they want a decent player coming back but it wouldn't take one of your top guys.

Everyone in the league can see that Demers doesn't fit in on the Florida defense + with that salary = Florida has little power in negotiations. Which equals out to Florida has to give a little to get something worthwhile.

PBPantherfan

Feb 7, 2010
Lake Worth, FL
Luongo would be even harder to trade. He was really bad last season, was injured and is old.

Luongo becomes somewhat tradeable next year and very tradeable in 2019-20. Next year his actual salary is 3.3 million while his cap hit is 5.3 million The year after that his salary is 1.6 million with a 5.3 million cap hit. The last two years he only gets paid a million with a 5.3 million cap hit. So for a budget team that is looking to get to the floor that's a good contract to have. For @ 7 million in actual money you get @ 21 million in cap hit. Wouldn't be surprised to see his hip become to bad to play and his contract go to a floor/rebuilding team. This is all assuming the Panthers don't use it that way if they decided to cut the payroll.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
Luongo becomes somewhat tradeable next year and very tradeable in 2019-20. Next year his actual salary is 3.3 million while his cap hit is 5.3 million The year after that his salary is 1.6 million with a 5.3 million cap hit. The last two years he only gets paid a million with a 5.3 million cap hit. So for a budget team that is looking to get to the floor that's a good contract to have. For @ 7 million in actual money you get @ 21 million in cap hit. Wouldn't be surprised to see his hip become to bad to play and his contract go to a floor/rebuilding team. This is all assuming the Panthers don't use it that way if they decided to cut the payroll.

cap hit is actually 4.533, vancouver retained some remember

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
This franchise is done getting any star level player to sign here, if Lu is traded. You think the mess last season was bad? Think how the league is going to look at us, when we throw away easily the biggest face this franchise has ever had. We made our bed when we acquired that contract, now we have to sleep in it.

Only way Lu "leaves", is that he gets bought out by Vancouver. They're going to be hit with brutal recapture penalties if Lu retires early (entirely plausible), so I think they'd rather re-acquire him and buy out the remaining years, if it ever comes down to that.

PBPantherfan

Feb 7, 2010
Lake Worth, FL
This franchise is done getting any star level player to sign here, if Lu is traded. You think the mess last season was bad? Think how the league is going to look at us, when we throw away easily the biggest face this franchise has ever had. We made our bed when we acquired that contract, now we have to sleep in it.

Only way Lu "leaves", is that he gets bought out by Vancouver. They're going to be hit with brutal recapture penalties if Lu retires early (entirely plausible), so I think they'd rather re-acquire him and buy out the remaining years, if it ever comes down to that.

I meant a Pronger type situation. Lu doesn't feel like playing for a million so his hip acts up and he's "traded" to a team looking to get to the floor.

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
^I honestly don't understand all the hoopla with this guy. Yes he used to be an elite player but there are a lot of question marks. Is Frozen Joe trying to unload him because of motivational reasons or is he afraid in 2 yrs he's gonna want a big raise from his present salary of $6M. My guess is probably a little of both and even though he is still a fairly young guy, he's gonna be looking for another long term contract that will start when he is almost 29.

Like the General Board thread states they are only interested in LH defenceman Matheson and a top shelf prospect. At present we're trying to dump cap with Demers to get down to $65M by the start of the season. There's no way Tallon would even waste his time trying to negotiate anything with a guy who can't make a decision unless the planets line up in order. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad