Speculation: Official Fantasy Trade Offers/Armchair GM Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
how. how does tallon have fans? I just cannot for the life of me.....
I mean, nobody around here is stupid. People can see the good things he's done (that's up for opinion), and people can see the bad things he's done (also up for opinion). Nobody's perfect, taking that into consideration, I like Tallon. If you have a preconceived agenda, or are expecting perfection, then you're not going to like Tallon. It's about the end goal, he had this team headed that way, it's never a straight line to that goal.

Everything is fine

Apr 3, 2016
This season will be lost soon unless Tallon makes a move to boost this lineup. Considering how early it is in the season I doubt anything happens.

This team is a Rollercoaster team, playoffs need consistency especially when Metro is looking good again.

We are a 1 line team without a top pair defenseman.
Owners can only blame themselves.

Top pair defenseman is a dream so the aim should be fixing the top9 for now.

Huby- Sasha- Dads
X- Trocheck- Bjugstad
McGinn- McCann- Vrbata.

Reactions: Jakeybonz2

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Ya I figured he'd be the guy. That's a really hard decision to make unless Hayes was somehow involved in the deal to replace him.
As much as I love Mcdonagh, Trocheck is a stud but he has looked rough defensively the last couple games.

Rangers seem to be weak in the middle, and ofcourse if they moved McDonagh they'd be very weak on defense as well.
Young, signed Trocheck could fit what they are looking for pretty well, but the problem is I doubt their C is moving.

StrangeVision

Wear a mask.
Apr 1, 2007
Maybe people say he's bad defensively is because he's bad?
His stats are bad, his puck moving is bad for our goal and he doesn't score.
None of the Vancouver fans are feeling the love.

Yes he's an upgrade on Petro, but Petro is a #6. We aren't that good of a team where improving over Petroleum takes us far in the playoffs. We have much bigger holes in the lineup.

Top6 winger or 3rd pair defenseman?

Yeah, saying he's better than Petrovic isn't saying much.

Mogo

Jun 26, 2002
Tallon needs to pull the trigger and get some veteran defensive dman here. Couple of them. Petrovic should go, Weegar should be sent down (has to go thrue waivers?), McCoshen has been our best defensive dman this season. That says alot

It's crazy to think but Kulikov would currently be the best defensive dman on this team and think all the hard time we gave him when he had Kulifarts every few games. No were seeing them every night from everyone

Reactions: 16Skippy

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Tallon needs to pull the trigger and get some veteran defensive dman here. Couple of them. Petrovic should go, Weegar should be sent down (has to go thrue waivers?), McCoshen has been our best defensive dman this season. That says alot

It's crazy to think but Kulikov would currently be the best defensive dman on this team and think all the hard time we gave him when he had Kulifarts every few games. No were seeing them every night from everyone

Supposedly doing well in Winnipeg so far.

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
^If you all remember correctly, Kuli and Guds were moved because of their contract demands period. Kuli started in the league at a very young age and was considered a 200' player. As the years wore on his offense faded and he became more focused on D but began having brain farts with cross ice passes that were picked off. He and Guds agents were just off the scale with reported contract discussion of over $5M and $4M respectively. So you had two guys who played like 3rd pairing players demanding 2nd pairing money. It wasn't going to happen. I had a feeling Kuli would bounce back after the unfortunate injury in Buffalo but like mentioned above he is a 3rd pairing defenseman getting paid like a 2nd pairing at $4.3M for 3 years. That's substantially below what he was seeking before the injury but still too much after the injury. I would have given him a 1 year show me contract in the neighborhood of $3.5M and go from there.

Reactions: CanadianPantherFan

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Sharks are looking to move either Boedkker, Tierney, or Paul Martin
Vegas could take both, Martin especially since they have no veteran d-men going into next season (Martin has a modified NTC though). But idk what they'd bribe Vegas with, doubt they give up their 1st rounder when SJ isn't guaranteed to make the playoffs and they've traded away their 2nd & 3rd rounders for 2018 already.

SJ needs to create capspace for next season; Vlasic & Jones extensions kicking in, Hertl is a RFA, Hansen & Ward are UFAs (Thornton too) and then you have to start worrying about 2019 when Pavelski & Couture are potential UFAs.

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
Send Tippett back to Mississauga and trade for some damn bottom 6 help. I don't care if it's Tierney or whoever. Tippett doesn't belong in an NHL bottom 6 right now. If he isn't good enough to play in the top 6 yet, send him back to junior, this is getting ridiculous. Or better yet, move McGinn down a line where he belongs and find a top 6 winger.

Honestly, don't know how most of us haven't gone insane yet trying to figure out why the heck this team does the things it does.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Send Tippett back to Mississauga and trade for some damn bottom 6 help. I don't care if it's Tierney or whoever. Tippett doesn't belong in an NHL bottom 6 right now. If he isn't good enough to play in the top 6 yet, send him back to junior, this is getting ridiculous. Or better yet, move McGinn down a line where he belongs and find a top 6 winger.

Honestly, don't know how most of us haven't gone insane yet trying to figure out why the heck this team does the things it does.
Injuries may have kept him up longer. Plus it's good for him to understand the level of competition, lifestyle, and practice.

We need a bottom 6 winger.

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
Injuries may have kept him up longer. Plus it's good for him to understand the level of competition, lifestyle, and practice.

We need a bottom 6 winger.

Excuse last year was injuries to top 6, excuse this year is injuries to bottom 6 + depth so far. Also, Balisy being brought up is a joke. Surely he wasn't the best option. When he was cut from training camp this year, the Panthers still had 32 players left...someone explain to me how he's our first call up?

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Excuse last year was injuries to top 6, excuse this year is injuries to bottom 6 + depth so far. Also, Balisy being brought up is a joke. Surely he wasn't the best option. When he was cut from training camp this year, the Panthers still had 32 players left...someone explain to me how he's our first call up?
Injuries last year when your top winger is hurt doesn't have anything to do with why injuries this year may have given a prospect more opportunity.

Apparently he has played well down in the AHL to earn a call up, specifically effort, defensive/pk work. If he earned it, he earned it. Decisions shouldn't be made based on cuts during training camp.

Reactions: Chaos2k7

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
Injuries last year when your top winger is hurt doesn't have anything to do with why injuries this year may have given a prospect more opportunity.

Apparently he has played well down in the AHL to earn a call up, specifically effort, defensive/pk work. If he earned it, he earned it. Decisions shouldn't be made based on cuts during training camp.

Okay, so he goes from training camp not even being close to making the team, then plays 8 games in Springfield and all of a sudden jumps past all those guys on the depth chart and gets first call? I don't really buy the defensive/PK thing...if that's the case and he's our first bottom 6 call, we have serious problems.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Okay, so he goes from training camp not even being close to making the team, then plays 8 games in Springfield and all of a sudden jumps past all those guys on the depth chart and gets first call? I don't really buy the defensive/PK thing...if that's the case and he's our first bottom 6 call, we have serious problems.
Maybe we have serious problems. Look at their record in the AHL. Maybe they didn't call up the best player but the best player for what we needed. I idon'thave much insight at all into Springfield fwiw.

Jayce was not good in preseason games. Who else would you have selected? Mamin? I don't think he's done much in Springfield either.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Ha filling a role.. we need a bottom 6 gritty pker and he's been decent.. we're not calling up one of our skilled forwards for that.. your blowing something is have no clue about out of proportion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad