(Official) Around the NHL 8.0

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dertell

Jul 14, 2015
Seeing some of them question our cap situation made me think, it's going to be interesting seeing Chia handle their cap, considering the number he did in Boston. Honestly feel bad for Sweeney, he obviously has made some rookie mistakes but let's be honest, Chia dumped a young talent in Seguin and went on to leave the team and cap in shambles.
You shouldn't Sweeney was part of the bruins' old boy club before Chiarelli was fired and if the Behind the B's videos are any indications, everyone was on board with dumping Seguin.

People exaggerate the value of cap space/cap hell when it comes to evaluating GMs. Chiarelli is not the first to put his team in a tough cap situation to make his team competitive and given how the four teams that won the cup in the past seven years or so all had to deal with difficult cap situations at several off-seasons, he can be forgiven for it.

That said, I think the Reinhart and Talbot trades were dumb as hell (or Seguin in BOS as you mentioned) so there's many other reasons to doubt him still.

Aug 21, 2014
RIP Al Arbour.

Cody Eakin signs a 4 year contract 3.85m AAV.

I4CIS3Y.jpg

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
Hey all, I got super drunk last night and made these bets at a bar...what do you guys think?

Calgary LA whoever makes it further in post season 20 bucks on calgary

Calgary LA whoever has more regular season points 20 on calgary

Getzlaf vs Makin overall regular season points 20 bucks

Getzlaf vs Kopitar HEAD TO HEAD regular season free way faceoff 50 bucks

Ducks vs LA whoever makes it further in post season if both teams get eliminated in same round deal is off. 40 bucks on ducks

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
Hey all, I got super drunk last night and made these bets at a bar...what do you guys think?

Calgary LA whoever makes it further in post season 20 bucks on calgary (Loss)

Calgary LA whoever has more regular season points 20 on calgary (Loss)

Getzlaf vs Makin overall regular season points 20 bucks (I'd go with Malkin. I really think he'll wind up with Kessel on his wing)

Getzlaf vs Kopitar HEAD TO HEAD regular season free way faceoff 50 bucks (Free way faceoff? Not sure what that is)

Ducks vs LA whoever makes it further in post season if both teams get eliminated in same round deal is off. 40 bucks on ducks (I'd say you have the safer bet, but LA is a dangerous playoff team.

Blegh. I put my comments in the quote and hfboards is making me write something here. Rico Fata.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
The main boards are horrid. A bunch of fans of others teams make a ton of vs. Flames threads or bump old thread about the Flames; then ***** about us defending our team :laugh:

I just want this season to start to see how good Calgary is.

bWo*

:laugh: some chumps like Staal is better than Brodie and a poll was created where Brodie won 28-0

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
D Bryce Salvador just announced he has hung up his skates.

He wrote quite a piece about it too. I think we all know a hockey player will put their body through a lot... But that was pretty scary what Bryce had to share. It was an impressive article actually, very heartfelt.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
Reading the prospect board and Ryan Pilon of the Wheat Kings has quit hockey. You'd think this is extra encouragement for the Flames to send Kylington to the WHL

Aug 21, 2014
Columbus has re-signed Defensemen David Savard to a 5 year deal worth 21.25m (4.25m AAV.)

Man Brodie's deal is so great.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
If people think Savard is overpaid I really have to question how much they have watched him. He's one year younger than Brodie and got 5 less points than him last season. He's already a terrific number #3, and is still growing. He also plays a fairly physical game, he's very good in his own end and quite good in the offensive zone, this is a terrific young up and coming dman. 4.25 for everything that he provides is definitely a very reasonable contract, I'd even argue that he accepted about 500-750k of a discount.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Definitely fair right now. If he continues to improve, it will be a steal.

Aug 21, 2014
If people think Savard is overpaid I really have to question how much they have watched him. He's one year younger than Brodie and got 5 less points than him last season. He's already a terrific number #3, and is still growing. He also plays a fairly physical game, he's very good in his own end and quite good in the offensive zone, this is a terrific young up and coming dman. 4.25 for everything that he provides is definitely a very reasonable contract, I'd even argue that he accepted about 500-750k of a discount.

Savard's 4 months younger not a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad