(Official) Around the NHL 8.0

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
If we're honest, based on the main-board, people started aligning themselves as either pro-Kane or anti-Kane prior to this article coming out, and it has a little bit for each side. Doubt it's going to change anyone's hunch.

I agree, it just paints a little bit of a picture of what could have happened that night, from either side.

I have my feelings on the matter, which I do not care to share. But I'm very curious as to how this all plays out.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Clearly, rape is horrific and if it comes out Kane actually did it... I hope the hammer comes down hard.

But this just seems sleezy. I'm sure as information keeps coming out, this is going to be greasier and greasier.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Clearly, rape is horrific and if it comes out Kane actually did it... I hope the hammer comes down hard.

But this just seems sleezy. I'm sure as information keeps coming out, this is going to be greasier and greasier.

No matter the outcome here, all parties lose, and unfortunately so do the fans. My nephews favourite is player is Kane, how does his Dad explain to him that he's done playing for however long because of a rape charge? That's a nice conversation to have with a 7 year old about his favourite role model. The whole situation stinks.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Excellent. :popcorn:

Very happy they did this. I think it's well known the NHL has a bit of a painkiller problem, and just because they had him on an insane contract doesn't give them the right to terminate the contract. He helped win them two cups... but when a player's not deemed 'useful' anymore, they find a loophole to terminate the guys contract.

They should have to buy him out. Have some cap penalties. It's not like he killed someone, raped someone or did something horrific.

May 27, 2012
Earth
Kessel has really strong legs. They can do wonders if you work them a lot. That is why Kessel can maintain his level of play for having a little more meat than the average player in the NHL. It's understandable how he was at the top of Leafs fitness.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
Actually his medication (for cancer I believe?) makes him either fat, or look fat, can't remember which, but he finished near the top for Leafs' fitness testing if I recall.

someone actually posted a link on one of the main boards that he wouldn't need to take any meds. But he likely just retains water.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Actually his medication (for cancer I believe?) makes him either fat, or look fat, can't remember which, but he finished near the top for Leafs' fitness testing if I recall.

Yeah, but this gif is still hilarious

giphy.gif

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
someone actually posted a link on one of the main boards that he wouldn't need to take any meds. But he likely just retains water.

Yeah, he had testicular cancer [MOD]; they often don't even need one round of chemo/radiation. It's not like he's got lymphoma or something.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad