Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman -V - all still silent

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
So you're completely comfortable with the idea of a long-term, sizable deal without proof he can handle it? You really can't understand the opposing point of view at all?
There really is no other side on a two year deal. It’s one year or four. And one year would be a nuclear issue.

Reactions: BlackFrancis

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Yeah, actually - I think I’m a sign long term or trade guy
The classic "up or out" strategy. Fine by me.

Do I wish he would play for 6mil? Absolutely. Do I wish Pastrnak made 9 instead of whatever stupid number he's at, of course. Gotta decide who's worth investing in and just f***ing dive in I suppose.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
He's going to be used as a comparable no matter what. "not ruining" the goalie market means not doing anything that would bring it down. Obviously he'd like to bring it up, but he clearly refuses to do anything that would allow other teams to say "look Swayman took this so you can't ask for that much."

That's beyond fair IMO if you care about your fellow union members.

The absolute funniest part of this is the fact that a certain beloved Bruin was used just in this manner so management could justify underpaying star players.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
I hope DS and company do not get talked into giving JS a NMC with no possiblity of trading him.
I want the flexibility to move him if the price is right down the road.
A 16 team trade list would work for me.

No trade/move clauses are only for UFA's. Swayman is an RFA.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
No trade/move clauses are only for UFA's. Swayman is an RFA.
Faber just got NMC and a 15 team no trade for his last 3 years (when he was eligible to have one).

Seider got a 10 team NTC for his final 3 years.

Raymond got a 10 team NTC for his last 4 years.

Byfield got a 10 team in the last year of his five year deal.

Etc

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Ducks arent going to pay swayman.

Also Gibson is 31. Should have just kept Ullmark for cheaper at that point.
The hindsight is 20/20 here. I was on board with the Ullmark trade at the time, but now that Swayman has decided he's only playing if he gets a ridiculous contract I think most of us would like that trade back. What's done is done though and we have to figure out how to move forward with what we have. I think Gibson is a solid option if a considerable asset comes with him and if the Ducks are willing to pay Swayman.

• Haha
Reactions: Pia8988

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
I hope DS and company do not get talked into giving JS a NMC with no possiblity of trading him.
I want the flexibility to move him if the price is right down the road.
A 16 team trade list would work for me.
I think that is an excellent point, I would think this kid and his agent should not be given any edge, they will use it to the fullest extent as possible. Bottom line a trade is the only way out, they will never be reconciliation between either party.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I think that is an excellent point, I would think this kid and his agent should not be given any edge, they will use it to the fullest extent as possible. Bottom line a trade is the only way out, they will never be reconciliation between either party.
You could replace “this kid and his agent” with “Don Sweeney” and it reads the exact same way.

What good is a negotiation without using whatever you have at your disposal as an edge?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad