(Official) Around the NHL 8.0

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Mostly talked about his charity event this weekend, also said how classy the Flames are for supporting him even after he's been dealt. Really like him, he's never hit the jackpot in FA and won't this offseason either, yet he spoke about how important it is to give back.

Lastly Steinberg asked him how this offseason has been, he said it's been really stressful. He said there is no market for FA this offseason because teams have no cap room. His agent has been talking to a few teams though and some teams are trying to shuffle some things around to hopefully get some space. He said that if all goes well that maybe something gets done in the next couple of weeks. Nothing sounded imminent though, pretty crazy given that he's still a solid top 9 guy capable of 25 goals.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
No prob guys, sorry it took a while. After the day I had I'm ready to drive off a bridge, that's my excuse.

I may not be kosher to post later, so have a good night if that's the case :laugh:

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
I'd offer him a training camp spot if he can't get signed. If he performs better than a chunk of the guys here, no harm in bringing him back. He's still a good 3rd line wing who seems to develop chemistry with just about everyone.

Dertell

Jul 14, 2015
I'd offer him a training camp spot if he can't get signed. If he performs better than a chunk of the guys here, no harm in bringing him back. He's still a good 3rd line wing who seems to develop chemistry with just about everyone.

Problem is, we have a surplus of those.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
Problem is, we have a surplus of those.

If he earns the spot and performs better than the other 10+ bottom 6 guys who could potentially make the team, whats the harm? I get that the Flames are rebuilding, but spots still need to be earned. Personally, I like the idea of Granlund going back to the AHL for a year.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
No interest in rapidly declining Glencross coming back. Even less than zero interest if it meant waiving one of Jooris, Ferland, or Shore.

Granlund is already a more or less penciled in to start the season in the AHL. And the Flames still have two too many forwards after that.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Carl Hagelin has signed with the Ducks. Four year, 16 million contract (4m AAV)

Aug 3, 2010
Hagelin is a speedier but less defensively sound version of Backlund. Pretty interested in what role he'll play on a tough Anaheim team. Think the contract buys a couple UFA years as well so it has a small percentage of inflated AAV. Pretty average contract at the current going rate for a middle-six forward.

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
At that price I assume Anaheim is going to put him in the top 6, then. He's basically the Frolik of Anaheim, so it seems like a fair price.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
Hagelin is more of a 3rd liner IMO, he has very limited offensive upside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad