(Official) Around the NHL 8.0

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Need this season to start up soon. When I have time I mess around on this forum, and man, the main discussion board is pretty much anti-Flame like you hear.

Next years Avs, Monny is a lower end centre not worthy of being among the top young group, Johnny and one hit wonder that's a check away from an injury, Gio old and overrated... Good gravy, just want to serve up some Crow here.

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
3 million would have been reasonable considering what everyone has supposedly been demanding. Holtby for 8 million/yr? no.

I guess the arbs are doing the NHL clubs a favor and are awarding lower tier awards this year because of how bad our Canadian dollar is to the U.S.? :dunno:

EDIT: Apparently Hoffman was only asking for 1.75, so this is actually more than he wanted :laugh:

Last edited:

Reverend Mayhem

Tell me all your thoughts on God
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
I guess the arbs are doing the NHL clubs a favor and are awarding lower tier awards this year because of how bad our Canadian dollar is to the U.S.? :dunno:

And the casual fan. You can't tell me GMs aren't going to ***** about players like Orpik and Bolland who are each taking home $5.5 million a year? It's ridiculous. They signed them to that with the intention of a lockout down the road, and we as the fans are supposed to take it? No. It's stupid.

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
And the casual fan. You can't tell me GMs aren't going to ***** about players like Orpik and Bolland who are each taking home $5.5 million a year? It's ridiculous. They signed them to that with the intention of a lockout down the road, and we as the fans are supposed to take it? No. It's stupid.

While I do agree that the GM's put themselves into positions like that and they should pay for their own stupidity, check my ninja edit, apparently not ninja enough :laugh: ;)

Master Bill

Rest in peace, Johnny Hockey
Nov 9, 2014

EDIT: Apparently Hoffman was only asking for 1.75, so this is actually more than he wanted :laugh:

I saw that too, it was on a CBC article wasn't it? Pretty sure it was a mistake, it looks like they corrected it too. Hoffman asked for $3.4M and Ottawa countered with $1.75M.

Not sure how he ended up with $2M for being a 27G player.

Aug 21, 2014
Better?

dynamic_resize

More days!

Bouma Fett*

Booty Hunter
May 19, 2012
Calgary
I saw that too, it was on a CBC article wasn't it? Pretty sure it was a mistake, it looks like they corrected it too. Hoffman asked for $3.4M and Ottawa countered with $1.75M.

Not sure how he ended up with $2M for being a 27G player.

Hoffan is 25 and just broke out like this now, arb probably decided he needed to prove it was not just a fluky one hit wonder year before he can make more cash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad