(Official) Around the NHL 8.0

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Maybe Benning is trying to acquire as much one year deals as possible to dump at the trade deadline and start an actual rebuild? I guess? lol

Benning just referred to Sutter as a "foundational piece" for the franchise moving forward. don't think it is that route.

Bonino is a better player than Sutter. Without a doubt in my mind.

If it was Sutter from Carolina rookie days? Maybe closer but he's been not physical and not more than a 30-35 point guy in Pittsburgh despite getting time with Sid and Geno at times.

Dertell

Jul 14, 2015
Even Feaster wasn't this bad at trades.

Maybe downgrading the pick was Benning's attempt to cover up the incoming tank.

If that's case, remind me of analytic proponent Tim Murray trading a 2nd round pick for possession blackhole Josh Gorges with a good enough reputation that expecting him to get 22+ minutes per game wouldn't come off as wrong to the public and more importantly, a coach who didn't buy into analytics. Substraction by addition (or addition by substraction by addition?)

Problem is, I'm pretty sure Benning could've prevented wasting picks on Sutter and Prust, given the other pieces he gave up to acquire them.

AgeOfBennett

Dec 1, 2014
BC
I just feel bad for canuck fans. Bonino is better than sutter first off, then Benning gives the Penguins the better pick plus a decent prospect!? Jeez I'm glad Benning isn't our gm...

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
As a Pens fan I would have traded Sutter straight up for Bonino, the fact that the Canucks added makes the trade hilarious.

Taranis

Jul 9, 2013
Nova Scotia
I would say the Lucic deal was awesome for Boston, a good D prospect in Miller who could play for them this season and two 1sts for one year of retained Lucic.

Wayne Primeau

Stay Gold
Apr 22, 2014
Ottawa
Well in fairness to Sweeney, the Lucic trade was decent. I have yet to see Benning make a trade that even resembles "decent".

Yeah, now he's traded Kesler, Bonino, Clendening, a first, a second and two third round picks for Sbisa, Sutter, a second and a third round pick :laugh:

Bouma Fett*

Booty Hunter
May 19, 2012
Calgary
Penguins are my second favorite team behind the Flames. Call me ecstatic as well, also would have done Sitter for Bonino straight. I don't think Sutter is as awful as some claim him to be but Canucks lost this trade hard

Taranis

Jul 9, 2013
Nova Scotia
I'm a bit surprised the Leafs are low balling Bernier, maybe hes not the best goaltender in the world but he did well given the team in front of him.

Master Bill

Rest in peace, Johnny Hockey
Nov 9, 2014
I'm a bit surprised the Leafs are low balling Bernier, maybe hes not the best goaltender in the world but he did well given the team in front of him.

And Leafs fans don't recognize that. Complain just about anything they can complain about. :shakehead

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I'd be all over getting Bernier, I watched him play a fair amount for the Kings. He's fundamentally very sound. I think he could be a top 10 goalie for us playing in front of our defence.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
I too like the idea of acquiring Bernier, but I bet the Leafs would want a fair amount in return for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad