(Official) Around the NHL 8.0

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I dunno if Larsson will ever be Hedman good, but I really believe him and Jones are the 2 next elite dman to breakout. Well and Hamilton of course. ;)

Taranis

Jul 9, 2013
Nova Scotia
If NJ had a good forward core these good young defenseman would be putting up good numbers, its similar to Buffalo last year and their d-man. As time goes on this deal will look pretty good.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
Of course Larsson is going to get that kind of money when we signed Hamilton to 5.75 million

Dertell

Jul 14, 2015
Benning is a good man.

0giT8iq.png

For us. :laugh:

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Yeah, looking at this trade, it doesn't seem to make a whole lot of sense. At least the 3rd came back to Vancouver, as opposed to what I originally thought.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
And the Couver spiral continues.. Honestly seems like he's just treading water at this point, making moves just to make them. IMO Bonino's the better player.

Taranis

Jul 9, 2013
Nova Scotia
Maybe Benning is trying to acquire as much one year deals as possible to dump at the trade deadline and start an actual rebuild? I guess? lol

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Maybe Benning is trying to acquire as much one year deals as possible to dump at the trade deadline and start an actual rebuild? I guess? lol

Very possible. And they did get the extra pick in this deal. I guess they didn't see Bonino as part of the new core, and so they're setting themselves up to maximize the value there.

Deleted member 250185

It sucked seeing Edmonton finally hire some competent office staff. Seeing what Benning is doing to Vancouver takes the sting away completely.

May 27, 2012
Earth
Vancouver won't go into a full rebuild. The Sedins will be there until the end, unless he can manage to trade both to the same team. The still have good players so it will be interesting what happens in the season. Hamhuis and Vrbata won't be back. Edler potentially out?

Dertell

Jul 14, 2015
Vrbata, Bartkowski and Hamhuis sure, but no playoff teams will go after players like Prust and Sutter at the TD. At the very least, they won't get more than a 4th for either.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Even Feaster wasn't this bad at trades.

Maybe downgrading the pick was Benning's attempt to cover up the incoming tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad